Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[ACP08] Treasure hunt! plz thank you

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: [ACP08] Treasure hunt! plz thank you
Post By Guest. 18/12/07, 02:55 pm

okay - I'm not wanting to sound bias here, but I prefer Jess' paper idea.

Frankly, I love BOTH ideas - if I were a participant I'd love to walk up to someone in costume and interact with them, figure out the clue etc. Very CCS indeed (you didn't just imagine the episode, Vinnie-boy - or else, if you did we had some otherworldly experience and imagined it both xD).

But, from a practical point of view - the clue givers will get bored. What if they need the loo? Or get distracted and go and talk to someone? Or dragged out for a photo shoot? Or some weird alien invasion happens and they get beamed off to meet Kirk?

I'm not trying to pick holes here, honest - I'm just trying to work out the best possible solution.

Maybe to prevent the distractions/clue givers calls of nature, there should be a time limit? But then would it get too complicated?

The advantages of the cosplayers giving out clues is that it'll be more fun, and random people won't screw up the piece of paper and put it in the bin. But, a few wrinkles do need to be smoothed out - not many, admitedly - but the advantage of the paper idea is that no wrinkles are present, just you run the risk of the paper blowing away/being thrown away.

Or - the paper could be kept in a box from the $2 shop, with a note cellotaped to it saying the purpose of it to stop passers by taking an potentially un-fun interest in the event.

That's just my input. :)

[ACP08] Treasure hunt! plz thank you - Page 3 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 18/12/07, 03:06 pm

ummm right then i shall no longer go ahead with the planing

Back to top Go down

Post By vamp_jojo. 18/12/07, 04:17 pm

I'm sure Berry had it all figured out though.

I reckon you should keep organizing it Berry - it was your idea and I'm sure you have an inventive way to make things run smoothly.
vamp_jojo
vamp_jojo
Tophat

Number of posts : 131
Transforms into : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2007-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 19/12/07, 02:09 pm

I'd like to do it both ways, personally: if you're still game Berry. Very Happy I think both'd be really fun...
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Number of posts : 7122
Transforms into : a crotchety old woman
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down
http://www.jvca.net.nz

Post By Guest. 19/12/07, 02:31 pm

umm what would be the point in doing both, we will have to have prizes for two games that are the same, whitch i find rather pointless. But i dont really care anymore its to streesfull to think about so do with it what u will...

Back to top Go down

Post By Tamoo. 28/12/07, 05:40 pm

*snaps*
*twitches*
Just choose one. Please. x_x;
But I don't mind doing Berry's idea... I like the time limit idea too.
*stresses*
I'm organising what events/games we'll be doing on the website, so we must resolve this if you guys haven't already. And soon. ;0;
Tamoo
Tamoo
Supermod

Number of posts : 4525
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 29/12/07, 10:22 am

um i don't think we will be doing it, i would need about 9 more cosplayers to make my way work and the normal way yeah i kinda see little kids/stupid ppl taking the clues just cos ppl are idiots like that really even if we state what there purpose is, that will just make them want to take the clues even more. I was gonna say we could have ppl guarding them but then it will make them obvious and well it wont really be a hunt. ><

Back to top Go down

Post By Auroa. 30/12/07, 02:37 pm

:scratch:
Could we not do both ideas in the same game?
basically the clues can be hidden anywhere: bush, rock, dog, cosplayer, random patch of grass, under a seat, on your back, the unicorn inside that shed ... okay you get the picture XD

perhaps not make the clues big, that'll reduce the likelyhood of other people picking them up - so like a thin/small piece of paper...

Do you really think heaps of randoms will steal our clues? If they're in obvious places like hanging from a tree branch then maybe ... but if they are hidden then we should be right shouldn't we?
:scratch:

XD
Auroa
Auroa
Can't brain, has case of dumbs.

Number of posts : 4962
Transforms into : ૮◠ᴥ◠ა
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 30/12/07, 03:21 pm

umm sure why not, it sounds good to me. Now that i re-read JVCAs post i think thats what she also ment ><.
i'll just have to map it all out on the friday ^^ u guys can come and watch me get lost.

Even that way i still want about 3 more cosplayers, so really if anyone is up to be a clue PM me...

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 15/01/08, 10:50 am

OK here is my lazyness again ><... If u know of any good places/land mark type thing close to where the picnic will be held where a clue can be hidden plz PM me and tell me about it cos I'm so sure theres not gonna be enough places for clues ;-;

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 17/01/08, 05:19 am

Does the Berry-chan still need to find people to be clues? I can be your secret-stalk-people-to-make-them-be-a-clue person, if you like. xD

..if that makes any sense at all. Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

[ACP08] Treasure hunt! plz thank you

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum