Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi there....

Go to page : 1, 2  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Hi there....
Post By HawkTnz. 09/04/10, 07:03 am

Very Happy OK So I'm totally newbie to the cosplay thing, though have seen it in action in various forms and as I'm getting older Embarassed think, dang, I don't want to get to 70 and think, wish I had done that.... sigh

Sooooo, here I am, thinking :think: ok, most of the folk here are way younger... and probably think that I'm a little coocoo which is more than likely, but again, life is tooo short to be to strung up on this so....

I'm a huge, Avatar: The Last Airbender fan, and have decided that this year I'm going to go to Armageddon Expo in Auckland as Avatar Yangchen, (age thing seemed best) and now comes the cruncher, finding similar folk that are going and get to know them before I go....

So, looking forward to meeting folk, getting to learn heaps and most of all have some fun and hopefully not only have a great time at the Armageddon Expo in Auckland in October, but also get to make some great friends along the way....

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell, so to speak, and look forward to meeting and getting to know folk.

Blessings HawkTnz - aka Donna
HawkTnz
HawkTnz
Pinky

Number of posts : 15
Transforms into : chillin before heading back to work....
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there....
Post By Blooberry. 09/04/10, 07:26 am

Hi! Welcome to CNZ!
I sort of get how you feel, I'm [nearly?] the youngest person on cnz. c:
I'll look forward to seeing you at Auckland Armageddon! :3
Blooberry
Blooberry
lucky*

Number of posts : 1191
Transforms into : SAUSAGE MAN
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By jpwise. 09/04/10, 08:21 am

Welcome. :)
jpwise
jpwise
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.of.geek.nz

Post By riiche-. 09/04/10, 08:30 am

Welcome~ Very Happy
cheers
riiche-
riiche-
EVEN MORE EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 684
Transforms into : voldymart
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By HawkTnz. 09/04/10, 09:02 am

thanks guys,

It's a little daunting to say the least, as the last thing I want to be is Mutton dressed as lamb, or is that Lamb dressed as mutton, lol... anyway, have been reading through the posts and find it really interesting. I confessed to a friend that I had joined up here today, and she didn't stop laughing for 5 mins or so, then laughed more when I told her that she should sign up and go as her fav Sci-Fi person... know she's trying to decide who that would be.... ahhh the delima of loving heaps of sci fi....

Thanks for the welcomes!

cheers
HawkTnz
HawkTnz
Pinky

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 09/04/10, 09:09 am

Hello Welcome to CNZ cheers

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By CaptainJackHarknessBabe. 09/04/10, 09:23 am

welcome, I'm new too

What's your fav Sci-Fi??

CaptainJackHarknessBabe
Pinky

Transforms into : Bewildered at how unweird I am

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By HawkTnz. 09/04/10, 09:54 am

Probably Star Trek Next Generation, though does Avatar the Last Airbender classify as Sci Fi? or what does it class as?.... LOL....

What's yours?
HawkTnz
HawkTnz
Pinky

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By CaptainJackHarknessBabe. 09/04/10, 09:56 am

Doctor Who/Torchwood mostly

But got to love Star Trek and Star Trek: Next Generation.

CaptainJackHarknessBabe
Pinky

Transforms into : Bewildered at how unweird I am

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Mandie_Chan. 09/04/10, 10:00 am

Welcome to CNZ!
Mandie_Chan
Mandie_Chan
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 6753
Transforms into : Epic Baker of DOOOOM
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Le_Saboteur. 09/04/10, 11:14 am

HawkTnz wrote:

I'm a huge, Avatar: The Last Airbender fan, and have decided that this year I'm going to go to Armageddon Expo in Auckland as Avatar Yangchen, (age thing seemed best) and now comes the cruncher, finding similar folk that are going and get to know them before I go....

Oh, wow! That's awesome! There's a (fairly) big Fire Nation group going on the Sunday. I'm Ursa, we have an Ozai, an Iroh, Zuko, Azula, Ty Lee and Mai. Hope to see you there! I'm so excited to see a Yangchen 8D

Oh, and welcome to CNZ!
Le_Saboteur
Le_Saboteur
lucky*

Number of posts : 1202
Transforms into : The Mare in the Moon
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By HawkTnz. 09/04/10, 12:15 pm

Hey thats awesome,

I'll be surrounded by my old friends the fire nation, as we weren't at war when Avatar Yangchen was Avatar.....

I was toying with the idea of Uncle Iroh, but being female in all, thought perhaps better to go as Avatar Yangchen. However, I do a mean Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall take, and also love the Little Solider boy song... and love Uncles wisdom....

I use to and have begun again, doing Tai Chi, so being the Water nations bending trait, I thought of maybe going as Gran Gran, but then thought, hell I'm old and all, but not that old! LOL.. So thought that I can be more in play with this, as Avatar Yangchen, and have been working on small pieces of Ba Gua that I've found on video etc... and have done some KungFu work though will need to work on the leaps and have the hand and feet stamping down for earth bending, so the obvious choice then became Avatar YangChen...

Problem, not so many images of Yangchen about and not full images to figure the right folds for the costume, though I've figured out how to do the head piece, and found blue vivid makes wicked arrow tattoos, though takes a wee while for them to come off! LOL Then thought, hmmm. maybe I could do it all in a grey stone like material and just be a statue of Avatar Yangchen? LOL....

I use to sew leather suede mochinsins so the boots won't be such a challenge, Just getting the right color and thinking that as they do tend to air bend with the gliders, (though I can't recall seeing a women airbender glide) that there would be some sort of leggings underneath the robe... so then need to think about heat issues.... as it looks as if there could be around 2-3 layers for the robes to be complete...

My next challenge will be to decide, do I have it ready for the launch of the movie (July) or pace and keep it for Armageddon Expo....(Oct)....

Ahhh, decisions, decisions, decisions....

Thanks again for the welcomes and look forward to learning more from you all!

Yip Yip....
HawkTnz
HawkTnz
Pinky

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Mischa. 09/04/10, 12:52 pm

Welcome! It's great to see cosplayers of all ages <3
Mischa
Mischa
HOT DIGGITY DOG

Number of posts : 1045
Transforms into : GRIMDARK
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down
http://www.doublestitch.co.nz

Post By daydreamer. 09/04/10, 01:56 pm

Welcome ^^
daydreamer
daydreamer
HOT DIGGITY DOG

Number of posts : 1029
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Aikome. 09/04/10, 01:57 pm

Welcome~ and as Mischa said. VARIETY. :DDDD
And challenge.
Aikome
Aikome
TEH WIZARD OF OZ.

Number of posts : 1564
Transforms into : TROLL :3
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By HawkTnz. 11/04/10, 12:05 am

Phew! I really appreciate all the welcomes folks, and appreciate that I have so much to learn, and know that you guys will all be great teachers on my journey... I may not totally understand the lingo or get it totally, but hey, am willing to learn as much as possible on the journey!... YAY.... Seeing others cosplay outfits and the work and creative ideas that go into them is totally inspiring and mindblowing that folk are so talented to re-create their favorite characters....

Thanks again...
HawkTnz
HawkTnz
Pinky

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By demon-girl. 11/04/10, 03:26 am

Hey! welcome Very Happy

I'm gonig to be Mai ( swimsuit) on saturday, look out for me Very Happy
demon-girl
demon-girl
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 534
Transforms into : ......
Registration date : 2009-10-31

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Le_Saboteur. 16/04/10, 01:00 am

Ah wow, statue Yang Chen! Haha. That would definitely be interesting 8D

I'm doing Foamy (the crazy fanboy from Kyoshi Island) for Doujin Overload, and hopefully for the movie opening. I thought it would be fitting if I wore that to the movie, given that... well... I'm a crazy fan as well~
Le_Saboteur
Le_Saboteur
lucky*

Number of posts : 1202
Transforms into : The Mare in the Moon
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By HawkTnz. 16/04/10, 05:02 am

Yay! Foamy! It always makes me laugh when I watch that episode and how he completely over reacts each time, even when only Katara, Appa and Sokka go to clear Avatar Kyoshi from killing Chin the Great... LOL... an unsung hero indeed... showing what we all feel on the inside truly! LOL....

Have been looking at all the different images of Yang Chen, not that there are many and now trying to decide if I can somehow use a lite weight fabric that will allow me to have all the layers so I don't overheat, but allows the folds to sway so beautifully as they walk/fight... lol.... I've got a friend who does alot of sewing, and probably will get her to do the 2 top layers while I work on the leggings, boots, middle sash, wig and necklace.... Working 12 hour 5-6 days aweek doesn't leave me much spare time and am thinking that I'd like it ready before the movie release to see how it works for Ameggedon Expo...

Thanks so much for the welcome and encouragement it's been awesome and really appreciated...
HawkTnz
HawkTnz
Pinky

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By HawkTnz. 14/10/10, 04:02 pm

Wow! Where did the last 6 months go?!?!?! :think: Sorry haven't been around, our business has been so full on and got to a stage where it just didn't seem to be possible for me to be going to Armageddon after all.... However, my team have been awesome cheers and it looks possible that I can get there for the Sunday and Monday at least....Woohoo I can't believe that Armageddon is only 9 sleeps to go for Saturday - 10 sleeps for Sunday!.... Have had a quick look around and just inspired by all the work folk have been doing and all the different costumes that are going to be shown!

I won't be doing competition this year, as I ended up getting a friend who does incredible dress making, and needed the business to do the costume, though I did the design and also organized the dying of the costumes, so just doing my wig and necklace & tassles in the next few days in between the crazy work hours that I'm doing at the mo still..... Woohoo

My niece is coming too, and we've managed to get her a Katara costume sorted and did a fit out to day and she looks really cute! She's excited and nervous and both looking forward to experiencing the whole thing....

Hopefully get some great pictures and met up with other great ATLA and TLA fans too.... C U soon :)
HawkTnz
HawkTnz
Pinky

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 15/10/10, 10:30 am

Wow~!
You're from Waihi Beach?
I use to live in Waihi a couple of months ago~!

Well~
Welcome to CNZ~!

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By HawkTnz. 15/10/10, 02:58 pm

Thanks for the re-welcome! wow, you lived in Waihi a couple of months ago! If I wasn't such a slack ass and got on line more we could of met up! Anyhows, I work in Bethlehem! Travel every day... love Waihi Beach toooo much to move lol, and probably couldn't afford to or ever find what we've got here at the beach again I'm thinking!

Are you going to Armegeddon? hope to be a little more active though, there's stuff going on at work that needs my attention again, and then there's my ATLA addiction... so one never knows LOL... :)

Thanks again for the welcome...
HawkTnz
HawkTnz
Pinky

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By ProjectDOLL. 16/10/10, 04:29 am

Welcome to CNZ~
ProjectDOLL
ProjectDOLL
Ultimatum

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2010-01-09

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 16/10/10, 09:51 am

@HawkTnz

Yeash i'm going to Armageddon~!!

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Zephyr. 16/10/10, 12:57 pm

Welcome ^_^
I am Zephyr
Got_it_memorized?
Zephyr
Zephyr
EVEN MORE EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 738
Transforms into : A Software Engineering major.
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Hi there.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Hi there....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum