Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Armageddon Cosplay panels

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Post By neimhaille. 29/11/09, 05:22 pm

In another "help us help you" post I thought I'd throw open the floor to what people would like to see at the panels.

I know a few of you hard core folks stick for the entire things which is incredible. While I like having a fairly open panel I thought it might be of more benefit if it was tailored to the desires of each city. I have noticed a trend as to occupancy in the cities so I wondered if there was anything that people would like to see happen. or perhaps actually know what goes on in them.

I was hoping to be able to score some space on the site so that there was more info out there.

So I know there is interest in pattern making as a topic for next year. I was thinking it would be good for Welly/Chch as I will be in the middle of a series of workshops teaching just that here in Aucks (if you are in High school think about entering Trash to Fashion next year.)

So, to get the next year planned out let me know what you want to discuss or get some hands on or theory about and what city ;)
neimhaille
neimhaille
Armageddon Cosplay Contest Judge

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Armageddon Cosplay panels Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Cosplay panels
Post By neimhaille. 16/12/09, 10:45 am

Right, no input means no say ;)

Seriously though two things I have noticed crop up over and over again are to do with patterns and fabric so I will be telling Bill that the panels will go ahead and they will cover these two topics alone.

These are the two basics that everything else hinges on and I see a lot of.... interesting... advice for both. And funnily enough I am slated to teach these two topics around about that time anyway ;)

I will cover the difference between fibre and weave, how to decide on the fabric you are really after and super simple in stores tests for what fabric is what.
neimhaille
neimhaille

Back to top Go down

Post By demon-girl. 16/12/09, 11:36 am

double posting!?
demon-girl
demon-girl
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 534
Transforms into : ......
Registration date : 2009-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 16/12/09, 11:42 am

I am sure its ok to double post after so long...to bump up the thread Very Happy

SS

Back to top Go down

Post By demon-girl. 16/12/09, 11:43 am

yer, most likly that's why I point the question mark ??
demon-girl
demon-girl
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 534
Transforms into : ......
Registration date : 2009-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post By Admin. 16/12/09, 12:12 pm

The double post was justified as it was required for the update to be seen.

@neimhaille: I've never been to any of the cosplay panels as I keep missing them but I think pattern making sounds like a good idea, I know I would be interested. :3 I'd also sort of like to know how to handle different kinds of fabrics. Like I know you need to use a zig-zag stitch for stretch fabric and such but I have no idea how to handle the kinds of fabrics that just fray like crazy without using an overlocker.

I'm also super keen to hear about the in-store tests and deciding on the fabric you're after, Jess and I recently went fabric shopping and I was quite confused sometimes when Jess said the fabric I picked out wasn't what I would be wanting. xP
Admin
Admin
Winner of the Golden Gun Award

Number of posts : 2982
Transforms into : yo mama.
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down
http://authenticsowilo.deviantart.com/

Post By sakura_petals. 16/12/09, 12:48 pm

what Admin said. Would also be interested in pattern modifying - some times you can't find the exact pattern you need but find one similar enough then you get stuck trying to work out how to change things.
sakura_petals
sakura_petals
TEH WIZARD OF OZ.

Number of posts : 1503
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post By neimhaille. 19/12/09, 04:13 pm

Excellent :) I am one click away for sending the info to Bill and I have a project for over summer to write up the info in a clear manner. I know people don't like to say when I've skipped over something in the room so this will help prevent that :)

I'm hoping to demystify patterning because while there is a lot to learn there are some helpful ways to make it all easier.

And clicked and sent. Should be able to know if it is going in the schedule soon. I really hope it doesn't clash with any of the games.
neimhaille
neimhaille

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 24/12/09, 07:33 am

neimhaille wrote:
Excellent :) I am one click away for sending the info to Bill and I have a project for over summer to write up the info in a clear manner. I know people don't like to say when I've skipped over something in the room so this will help prevent that :)

I'm hoping to demystify patterning because while there is a lot to learn there are some helpful ways to make it all easier.

And clicked and sent. Should be able to know if it is going in the schedule soon. I really hope it doesn't clash with any of the games.

Yeah found this a bit late. But yeah patterning and material selction, was well as very brief sugestions for working with the harder materials, (eg, stretch fabrics, vinyl, leather, wool?) all sound good.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Number of posts : 4033
Transforms into : This stylish saffron shirt.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down
http://skydrive.live.com/#cid=23D41AFD1F51E1F4

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1