Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

White foundation/powder

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
White foundation/powder
Post By Number-IX. 02/10/09, 05:58 pm

I need white foundation + powder for my Suki cosplay. Her makeup is sorta Geisha influenced i suppose.. Really white white. So far, i haven't found any shop in auckland that sell geisha makeup, and i've looked at rocknruin.co.nz and other nz sites that sell goth makeup, but white foundation is pretty popular with them so its all sold out xD

Shops in the mall closest to me dont sell any pure white foundation, just light peachy skin tone type ones but they're no help. I saw Napoleon Perdis white eyeshadow, but if i covered my face in that and walked around for 9 hours it wouldn't last, and i dont want to have to reapply/check my makeup every 30 mins. I'd really like something that'd last 2hours or so at minimum.. So preferably stuff that doesnt go all weird from perspiration, rubs off easily if i glomp someone or just itch my nose etc, stuff thats preeeeeetty opaque, i dont really need one of those 'true blends' whatever, so it matches my skintone and looks as though im not wearing makeup at all, cz it's supposed to be obvious i am xD

I don't want something that looks like [or is] face paint - i laugh like Ed [retarded hyena] from The Lion King and cracklying makeups not good D: And i don't reeeally want anything that'll clog up pores and ruin my skin :/ nothing too harsh plzzz.. But i guess i cant be too picky :/ Unless someones got a miracle up their sleeve and can give me directions to awesome white goth/geisha foundation + powder under 30$ in nz, that matches everything i said above xD If so. I would.. Let you touch under my wig.. Or something cooler.. White foundation/powder 435359

So yeah, anyone who can help, i'd really appreciate it - even home made foundation tricks or something xD Ooh baby powder mebz?
Thanks White foundation/powder 65988

Btw soz if you always see me posting shizz about Suki.. White foundation/powder 37781 TCEFREPEBOTSAHTI! <__> White foundation/powder 724438
Ty.
Number-IX
Number-IX
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 593
Transforms into : Skuxatron
Registration date : 2008-06-09

White foundation/powder Vide
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/cthrnineiv

Re: White foundation/powder
Post By Guest. 03/10/09, 01:01 am

I'd personally really recommend Manic Panic - Trade Me only have the white powder in stock at the moment, but I used their liquid stuff (Dreamtone it's called I think) bought from Trade Me for my Emily Strange cosplay & it lasted all day of Armageddon. Didn't crackle or clog up pores & was easy to take off. I'm sure if you hang around, there will be a listing up there, and if you were to get the pressed powder as well then you'd be completely set. 8D

Back to top Go down

Post By Le_Saboteur. 03/10/09, 02:04 am

If you want something like foundation, I would go with Manic Panic as well, it'd be the least expensive, probably. If you want something closer to face paint/geisha stuff, I'd go for Kryolan or Ben Nye which you can get from a wicked store in Chch called Minifies. I've used the Ben Nye magiccolour for theatrical stuff and it held up under spotlights for two hours (hot!!), so it should do the trick. Kryolan Aquacolour would give you a better finish I imagine, but it's water soluble so if you got in the rain... White foundation/powder 88827

Neither are particularly thick but they're both completely opaque, you'll get no hint of skin underneath (sometimes Aquacolour can accentuate hair, I've found), but Kryolan and Ben Nye are both really good brands when it comes to pro grade stuff, so I wouldn't worry too much about it wrecking your skin (although using anything on your face harms it, unfortunately D:).

I'd still go with manic panic tbh, but yay options!

Oh, and Minifies do a few white setting powders, too, which you can find on the site. Depending on how thick you use the foundation (I imagine pretty thick if you want it totally opaque and Suki-ish), I'd go with a loose powder instead of pressed, pressed powders are more for oil absorption than setting and can affect the finish of liquid/cream products when you're using a lot of it. I think their powders are around $15, if memory serves me right.

Goddamn, I don't mean to write novel length posts but they always end up like that ><
Le_Saboteur
Le_Saboteur
lucky*

Number of posts : 1202
Transforms into : The Mare in the Moon
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content