Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First AuckGeddon experience?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: First AuckGeddon experience?
Post By Static. 18/11/09, 11:14 am

Totally still relevant! Mine was this year, and I spent all weekend shooting Very Happy It was awesome!
Static
Static
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3584
Transforms into : HULKSMASH
Registration date : 2008-05-21

First AuckGeddon experience? - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://www.little-noise.com

Post By Guest. 18/11/09, 11:51 am

My first year was last year, 2008. I went and horribly hand sewed a Yuuki cosplay from Vampire Knight. I went with a friend and she was supposed to cosplay Haruhi from ouran but she didn't >3 I heard bout 'Geddon and watched so many videos about American Cons *o* they influenced me a lot and then I got worried that we weren't supposed to cosplay but everyone at Geddon was really nice, asking for photos and hugging >w<

I don't think I'll ever forget it~

Back to top Go down

Post By ratatatcat. 18/11/09, 05:14 pm

Mine was 07, when Demon energy drink was still being tested, and they were handing out cans of it to the crowd. Me and Cath took them because we were so thirsty, and...oh dear, I don't remember much else because of it.

I'm not actually too sure what it was, it's not like energy drinks were new, but something in them just triggered the 'psycho', and on the way back to Hamilton we were rolling around in the car, crying with laughter because we didn't know why we were laughing. And we were taken to the Auckland muesum, which was funny too for some reason...

Weirdest thing? There were no drugs involved at all...
ratatatcat
ratatatcat
Le grande

Number of posts : 162
Transforms into : ...Do I look like a digimon?
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 19/11/09, 01:37 am

My first Geddon was Auckgeddon this year!
I had such a blast, I met so many awesome people and I know people enjoyed me //ohoho....
I got so many remarks on my first cosplay and I felt really special to know people thought my cosplay was good. I'm pretty sure I got raeped about a bajillion times XD
The hostel we satyed at was nice, although the lady wasn't. Won't be staying there again XD
I'm glad everyone had a good time, through all the drama and stuff, we still managed to have an EPIC weekend.
Thanks for making it amazing, guys. I'll be seeing you all next year.

Back to top Go down

Post By Le_Saboteur. 19/11/09, 03:18 am

This was my first Auckgeddon, too. And it was awesome. It totally thumped ChchGeddon (earlier this year) and the one Welly expo I went to in '02.

Bought so much stuff, met a lot of cool people, got surprise hugs from randoms, all the good things.
Le_Saboteur
Le_Saboteur
lucky*

Number of posts : 1202
Transforms into : The Mare in the Moon
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post By neimhaille. 19/11/09, 03:25 am

ratatatcat wrote:

Weirdest thing? There were no drugs involved at all...

Oh, I start singing show tunes (complete with mocking accents) and my hats start doing the can can when I am "high" on energy drinks. At medieval events. Ehem.

First AuckGeddon was 2003. I planned for it for ages and emailed several times about the cosplay contest (I've been on Cosplay.com for years so knew "other costumes" were acceptable in some circles and not others). Still it was a very new experience but it was finally a chance to wear the stuff I had been making for years (first fully made costume 1995) outside of singing contests and theatre ;)
neimhaille
neimhaille
Armageddon Cosplay Contest Judge

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post By Sephiroths-Daughter. 23/11/09, 03:26 pm

@ Cacti: IM SORRY!!!
Sephiroths-Daughter
Sephiroths-Daughter
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 652
Transforms into : A BOX!
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post By H-idenshi. 24/11/09, 02:35 am

Attended my first AuckGeddon in 2004 with a couple of friends from high-school. Was a mini-roadtrip from Tauranga so I didn't really get to stick around for long.
Went around the expo for a bit looking at stuff, participated in the otaking competition, marvelled at the ...stuff? (to be honest, I don't remember what), and... took a wrong turn on the way back to Tauranga ending up in Hamilton lol.

In terms of fulfilment however, 2005 would be a better first. As It was technically my first public cosplay (shinsengumi : saitou hajime) and I won the otaking competition. (also, many 'lulz' ensued with the subsequent 'Shinsengumi occupation of #1 Barbeque' and 'Dance Dance Shinsengumi Revolution', but that's another story alltogether...) (゜ー゜;)
H-idenshi
H-idenshi
Zenbu

Number of posts : 57
Transforms into : memetic DNA
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content