Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are Retractable Katals ok?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Post By Rikashiku. 03/06/09, 04:45 pm

My friend helped me to make a Altair costume about a month ago for me. When i wore it in the city(i wasn't in NZ at the time) i had the Hidden Blade under my sleeve and people didnt mind it since it was mostly plastic. But im wondering if i am allowed to wear the same Katals in NZ Cons. i think im not but i just wanna check with you guys.

Oh hey, i lost my actual cosplay virginity this time Very Happy. and in the best place of all.
Rikashiku
Rikashiku
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 601
Transforms into : being sexy D:.
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Are Retractable Katals ok? Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Are Retractable Katals ok?
Post By Highlander. 05/06/09, 06:06 pm

Well it depends. If you want to enter the comps then ask neimhaille. The principle is it must not be able to hurt anyone if it comes loose. However for the con it self go to the armageddon site (if thats what you are talking about) and ask bill. Given that people (usually trainned) walk around with metal swords, and somebody was selling little kids wooden trainning swords (a bad idea?) then I don't see why not. I would think the cosplay club meets would be less formal, and as long as you were not doing anything stupid. Just ask the club concerned.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Number of posts : 4033
Transforms into : This stylish saffron shirt.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down
http://skydrive.live.com/#cid=23D41AFD1F51E1F4

Post By CMKMStephens. 05/06/09, 06:48 pm

I think you mean katars Razz
CMKMStephens
CMKMStephens
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 634
Transforms into : Little Nellie
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post By Rikashiku. 05/06/09, 07:16 pm

Quote :
I think you mean katars

....i knew that....no really i did. The person who made them for me kept saying katals -_- stupid azn.

Umm they're just props. I had no problem with getting them on a plane.

Guess i have to look at rules?(ick). What if i only wear them for a comp or demonstration or w/e?
Rikashiku
Rikashiku
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 601
Transforms into : being sexy D:.
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 06/06/09, 04:07 am

Rikashiku wrote:
Quote :
I think you mean katars

....i knew that....no really i did. The person who made them for me kept saying katals -_- stupid azn.

Umm they're just props. I had no problem with getting them on a plane.

Guess i have to look at rules?(ick). What if i only wear them for a comp or demonstration or w/e?

Like i said I see no problems with just wearing them, but if you are worried ask the organiser of the event. For the Armageddon comps is another story. If it comes loose can it hurt anybody? Ie. will it just bounce off people softly, does it have any sharp edges? If you did not see that kid when you turned around could it hurt at all. If in doubt ask.

I mean I would prefer a steel sword myself, but won't get away with it if I enter comps. And I would just have to be careful posing.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Number of posts : 4033
Transforms into : This stylish saffron shirt.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down
http://skydrive.live.com/#cid=23D41AFD1F51E1F4

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1