Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

REVIEW OF WELLYGEDDON SUN!

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Post By Auroa. 05/04/09, 05:32 pm

So, how'd you guys find it?
I'm so ded, but so ded that I can't get to sleep o_O
So I'ma gonna write this now and probably will need to add stuffs when I think of it later on hahah.

Once again the cosplays were amazing!!!
Congrats to those that won!
The Jem group (aka the cosplay judges) were awesome, I loved your song/dance at the end of the contest! Clap

The freeze was quite funny, there were people downstairs (sitting on the chairs) looking up at us and taking photos.

Michaels panel was just amazing, so many sound effects! o_O

The afternoon/evening was sad, not only did I have to say goodbye to friends I wont see for half a year or a year, had to say goodbye to the voice actors (honestly they were so sweet!), and just to top it all off, had to say goodbye to Kylie (Keysha-chan) who I may never get to see again, or not for a long time. :sadcry:

Anywhose, today was pretty awesome, seeing so many cosplays, even those who didn't enter the contest - eee twas epic! thumbsup
Auroa
Auroa
Can't brain, has case of dumbs.

Number of posts : 4962
Transforms into : ૮◠ᴥ◠ა
Registration date : 2007-11-29

REVIEW OF WELLYGEDDON SUN! Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: REVIEW OF WELLYGEDDON SUN!
Post By Rikki-Leigh. 05/04/09, 05:59 pm

... EARLY WAKE UP DID NOT WANT. /glares at syn. SOMEONE forgot to turn their clock back before they slept, so their alarm went off at 6am. And since syn fell asleep on me, her phone was RIGHT. NEXT. TO. ME. D<

Breakfast was amusing as well. Easy Mac wtf. I avoided it like the plague (It tastes like sugar honey iced tea) and we watched The Dark Knight in the rec room at the backpackers.

Also, the morning was WICKED. Epic KHR photoshoot was epic. And lulzy. (Who got the Ryo59 photo on the wall? And I mean THE Ryo59 photo. (Those who were there will know which photo I mean.)) Little Reborn was adorable, also, and Pura made an awesome Colo (though I didn't manage to get any RyoColo shots).

Afternoon was a bit meh. We packed up our stuff after we got changed and headed to the freeze which failed quite a bit (I reckon someone should've let one of the guys on stage in on it and got them to point us all out but whatever) and stall-trawling was good (yay badges and BEAST WARS!!!!)

Unfortunately, me, Tania and syn had to bolt JUST as they were announcing the winners. So... Who won what?

Airport was the best though. Got picked up at about half five, got to the airport and checked in then bummed around in the terminal near check in. We were leaning against some wall and I was falling asleep against syn and Tania was sitting on syn and playing Crisis Core. Then syn left so me and Tania bummed around then ran into Jess and Jen~ Then we bummed around some more and bumped into Xiggy and Winds-of-Despair near our gate (lol we were on the same plane) so we bummed around in the departure hall for a while

Rikki-Leigh
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3767
Transforms into : a muffin
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down
http://lil-lost-kiwi.deviantart.com/

Post By Guest. 06/04/09, 01:13 am

Eh. Geddon itself is starting to wear thin for me. Most of the stalls have shops I can and often do go to - Richard Smith, Whitcoulls, the West Bank Badges guy, Dymocks, Pulsar etc - and the range they had there was limited and as it wasn't discounted there was no real incentive. The Anime and Manga stands were impressive though. The comics stands threw up some real treasures - I found never-before-heard-of Gaiman!! Woot! The 501st weren't nearly as impressive this year as they have been other years - less of them, doing less interesting things, though they're really nice and friendly to talk to Very Happy. I was severely tempted by the $50 Sting sword... But mostly it was the same old same old shops.
Flash Gordon Though, Hell YEAH! I got his autograph, Chibi got to meet him. That was awesome. He's only been my hero since I was 6. Bummed I missed his panel on Sat though.

It was awesome seeing everyone though, and mega congrats to the winners, 'specially Mandy our champion! JP - when do the pictures of awesome arrive? There were SO many cosplayers. Just EVERYWHERE. LOADS of people that probably wouldn't even identify themselves as cosplayer and were just doing it for a lark. And some ludicrously good ones too. Did anyone ever find out if the Sackboy was a hire or not? After the Spartans I refuse to make the call on that Very Happy

My house is a fracking BOMBsite. We had four cosplayers setting up on Sunday morning, and then Static and & JP came round to help with my massive lack of balls - that dress is the smallest thing I've ever worn in public! Keya and the German Exchange Student (she arrived pre-cosplayed into the Chibi's house) didn't really sleep Saturday trying to finish their outfits. We have those tiny silver dressmakers pins EVERYWHERE - in the carpet, on the couches, in various pieces of clothing, ALL through Keya's bed. It's a miracle there haven't been any injuries yet. There is wool on the floor, in the bathroom, in the bathroom sink, fabric scraps EVERYWHERE. Gah. MAJOR cleanup tonight after uni.

Back to top Go down

Post By distorteddaydream. 06/04/09, 02:49 am

It wasn't the bst one I've ever been to, but it was decent. The cosplay contest was the best part for me, I loved that the judges were Jem and the hologrammes.

However...
What was Johnny Fairplay doing there? srsly? why?
The speaker was too quiet in the morning and in the afternoon we were back to the guy who yells into the mic.
The stall weren't that exciting really.
the staff of the TSB bank arena were rather rude imo.
distorteddaydream
distorteddaydream
Soldier A

Number of posts : 9
Transforms into : mashed potato
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 06/04/09, 03:11 am

Armageddon was so fun!! I still cant believe I won.. omg I was so shocked :O

Ummm learnt after yesturday that I need to alter certain things of my costume to make it more moveable without pain (has bruises on my toes from the hooves and shoulders don't like to stay on) but it was worth it Very Happy
Sorry if I snobbed anyone who said hi I was in pain by the second half of the day and just wanted to rip everything off

All the cosplays were so cool! There were so many this year it was crazyy

The madman thing before the cosplay staging felt soo long O.o

Oh god me and my friends(the black and white chii and freya) are in the dominion -_- hahaha...*hides*

Last edited by Meeweka on 06/04/09, 03:23 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 06/04/09, 03:16 am

Yeah, apparently Cosplay is a kind of "Performance Art"! Really? I thought it was a bizzare hobby!

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 06/04/09, 03:23 am

Rikki-Leigh wrote:
(though I didn't manage to get any RyoColo shots)

Good D<

(Didn't get any Cololal ones either, and that's CANON).

I don't know about THE Ryo59 shot 8D;; Uh ... I do have few cool photos though :3
I'll mass upload them or something when I get home and having finished my Classics internal (er, like. Start it D: It's due tomorrow too Dx).

I had to get up at 6:20am today Dx. Also got to school really early Dx.

It felt like I did more stuff on Saturday than what I did on Sunday. Sunday I spent quite a while sitting down on the seating with Li-bai xDD. And then I moved when that guy that did voices (can't remember his name 8D; ) started because it killed my ears >__>

I had a lack of food and drink yesterday. I think I'm making up for it today. Already skulled a whole bottle of water (normall I do one bottle in a day xD).

I'm already missing everyone >:

I'll add more later. Bell's about to ring.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 06/04/09, 03:25 am

Meeweka wrote:
Armageddon was so fun!! I still cant believe I won.. omg I was so shocked :O

I can believe it! Your costume was so amazing! D:
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Number of posts : 7122
Transforms into : a crotchety old woman
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down
http://www.jvca.net.nz

Post By Keysha-chan. 06/04/09, 04:01 am

I will second what JVCA said, your costume was beyond amazing and deserved to win. I know my friends who were in the room took one look at you and said 'that's either best overall or best construction at the very least' there was no doubt you were getting something out of that!

The Madman thing WAS pretty dumb. Nothing wrong with doing it for 5 or so minutes until it was 4pm and time for the cosplayers, but it just came along as madman going 'look at all the ways you can give us your money' while running highly overtime (I'm not going to be fussy about his pronunciation, but I know it bothered many others).

@ Aura - I MISS YOU ALREADY! ;____;
Keysha-chan
Keysha-chan
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down
http://www.Keysha-chan.deviantart.com

Post By JVCA. 06/04/09, 04:07 am

Amen on the madman thing. :S I'm guessing Bill was sneaky and slotted them in there so they'd have the anime fans who came to see the cosplay as their audience, but honestly - as Keysha has said, 5 minutes would be fine, but 20 minutes makes it a whole 'nother event, really. :S
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Number of posts : 7122
Transforms into : a crotchety old woman
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down
http://www.jvca.net.nz

Post By Pura. 06/04/09, 05:55 am

Their pronounciation bugged me Dx. Alot.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 06/04/09, 05:58 am

Rikki-Leigh wrote:
... EARLY WAKE UP DID NOT WANT. /glares at syn. SOMEONE forgot to turn their clock back before they slept, so their alarm went off at 6am. And since syn fell asleep on me, her phone was RIGHT. NEXT. TO. ME. D<
I-I'M SORRY ;_____________; oTZ

Rikki-Leigh wrote:
(Who got the Ryo59 photo on the wall? And I mean THE
Ryo59 photo.)
Pura wrote:
I don't know about THE Ryo59 shot 8D;; Uh ... I do have few cool photos though :3
NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PHOTO DNW OHGOD akjsgfsakgfasjdfewuisfsdgfasdgkfgsdknbvcshgajdfkasfalghfkj
Pura please tell me your photos aren't Ryo59. ;__________;

@Pura
Lol ohgod the voices.
I wasn't even at the stage area and I winced every time they boomed over the speakers D: akjdfdas

Back to top Go down

Post By Static. 06/04/09, 06:08 am

Worst part of the sunday for me was my goddamn shoes. I didn't have insoles, and as a result, have blisters on the soles of my feet and there was no way I could get my shoes back on for goign onstage. I had to pull out, which was sugar honey iced tea, but the guys behind me in the audience were the biggest assholes ever. Their comment when michaela came onstage to introduce the event was, "okay, here comes the fail..."

physics you, you Richard. They also laughed at me when I was telling my mate that Fushigi Yuugi has been around for years - oh yeah, you guys are COOL. Also, I was right. Mad

COSPLAYWISE HOLY COW everyone was awesome! I'm gutted we didn't get judged all in one group (stupid small room), I wanted to see everybody's in detail...
Static
Static
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3584
Transforms into : HULKSMASH
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down
http://www.little-noise.com

Post By Oro. 06/04/09, 06:41 am

I'm definitely cosplaying next year.
Oro
Oro
Zenbu

Number of posts : 56
Transforms into : Pepsi
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down
http://orochifang.deviantart.com

Post By Keysha-chan. 06/04/09, 06:59 am

Static wrote:
but the guys behind me in the audience were the biggest assholes ever. Their comment when michaela came onstage to introduce the event was, "okay, here comes the fail..."

Don't let it get to you. There are ALWAYS people like that at all the Armageddons who come along and say stuff like that...I call it compensation for their teeny-tiny-little-youknowwhatsits because they sure as heck aren't getting any compliments themselves. They're just showing off (99% of the time it's teen boys. Not ALL teen boys are like that, don't get me wrong, however a lot that come to the con like to sit there with their mates and have a go at everyone on stage).

There was some real losers at last year's Auckland armageddon actually SHOUTING stuff at the AMVs after they played during the AMV contest. This year I recorded the winners for the cosplay contest getting on stage and I had a group of guys behind me make a comment about one of the winning entries that is just cruel and now I can't share that video on youtube because I don't want their comments coming out.

There was also the guys yelling out at Bill that he was a Racist during Kamehameha.

It's the same kind of people each year. Like I said, doing it to show off to their mates and look cool. They're not impressing anyone asides their own group. They pretty much paid the entry fee to go sit and say stupid things and look stupid. Sucks to be them. :/
Keysha-chan
Keysha-chan
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By Static. 06/04/09, 07:01 am

Yeah, I know...it's pretty upsetting though that there are these bastards ruining it for other people. There were a few incidents of nastiness this year, which is a shame - I'm hoping it's not a recurring theme next year!
Static
Static
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3584
Transforms into : HULKSMASH
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down
http://www.little-noise.com

Post By Guest. 06/04/09, 07:01 am

Keysha-chan wrote:

There was some real losers at last year's Auckland armageddon actually SHOUTING stuff at the AMVs after they played during the AMV contest. This year I recorded the winners for the cosplay contest getting on stage and I had a group of guys behind me make a comment about one of the winning entries that is just cruel and now I can't share that video on youtube because I don't want their comments coming out.

D'ya know anyone whose good with sound editing software? They could take it out and then you could post it.

Back to top Go down

Post By Keysha-chan. 06/04/09, 07:08 am

@ Static - Yeah. Like I said, ignore them. They do tend to stop if they realise everyone's ignoring them (if they push their luck, they get kicked out by Bill if he's around). It sucks we get people like them, but it is an open event to everyone which of course means we get the odd groups. On the bright side, there's far more people there who LOVE the cosplay, AMV ect and come to see that as well as the other things. Just a few rotten apples won't spoil our day, :3

@ korn - True. I might see if Abby can edit it (though it would be obvious who they were commenting about when the audio changes). With any luck, someone else recorded it from a different place in the con and will share it online. :3
Keysha-chan
Keysha-chan
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By Cassiel. 06/04/09, 09:41 am

Psh, sucky people suck. It pains me to say that because we dress up differently, we're always going to get crappy comments and SOME people will go even further unfortunately. At Sakurafest last year some people yoinked a cosplayer's wig right off their heads. Truly WTFish.

But I had a good day, talked to a bunch of people and managed to get front row seats for the comp whoo! Didn't buy anything thooough D:
Cassiel
Cassiel
champaign supernova~

Number of posts : 820
Transforms into : Eating pudding.
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 06/04/09, 09:57 am

By sunday we all got really tired. Most of us crashed by three.

My Feenie wig just annoyed me so much that I came in my costume, got in, found everyone and then took it off and hung around in my jeans and t-shirt. Then I put it all back on again (overheated)

And I have a horrible feeling that someone has a picture of me groping Ryan's falsies... sigh

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 06/04/09, 10:01 am

Roku wrote:
By sunday we all got really tired. Most of us crashed by three.

My Feenie wig just annoyed me so much that I came in my costume, got in, found everyone and then took it off and hung around in my jeans and t-shirt. Then I put it all back on again (overheated)

And I have a horrible feeling that someone has a picture of me groping Ryan's falsies... sigh

OMG!!! It's Roku, well i was hmmm... i had the spike drawn down my face and i was wearing the red tartan skirt, white top and stripy arm warmers, and then on sunday i was myself, remember me? no?

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 06/04/09, 10:04 am

x kiki-chan x wrote:
OMG!!! It's Roku, well i was hmmm... i had the spike drawn down my face and i was wearing the red tartan skirt, white top and stripy arm warmers, and then on sunday i was myself, remember me? no?

Yes! I do! *struck by realisation*

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 06/04/09, 10:07 am

Roku wrote:

Yes! I do! *struck by realisation*

lol i just joined here today, Raquel was so excited when Zu bought her a Kyo (Fruits Basket) badge back i just lol-ed. Anyway I'm starting my first cosplay soon -cosplay virginity stolen- I want to make a Rinoa cosplay, Hard...

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 06/04/09, 10:10 am

Aww, Quel missed out on 'geddon. 'twas sad.

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 06/04/09, 10:15 am

Roku wrote:
Aww, Quel missed out on 'geddon. 'twas sad.

It was but she's going next year as Sephiroth, i can't wait to see how it turns out, then her as sephy and me as Rinoa can walk around wellygeddon haha

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosplay New Zealand :: Events :: Wellington Armageddon-