Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MONDAY: FF7: Dirge of Cerberus Tsviets Group

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: MONDAY: FF7: Dirge of Cerberus Tsviets Group
Post By bekah. 19/01/08, 03:13 pm

http://www.ffcompendium.com/art/7doc-rosso-a.jpg
Is that JVCA's?
bekah
bekah
lucky*

Number of posts : 1132
Transforms into : your mom ;)
Registration date : 2007-11-30

MONDAY: FF7: Dirge of Cerberus Tsviets Group - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/staceyrebekah

Post By Pyro. 19/01/08, 03:16 pm

Yep. <3

Note the crazy crotch-guard-thing. OO;;

I can't wait to see Jess' one of those! ^^
Pyro
Pyro
Winner of the Infinitely Quotable Award

Number of posts : 3934
Transforms into : Tik-Tok Tibenoch
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post By bekah. 19/01/08, 03:19 pm

I personally like the ass-cape.
That looks like it's made out of astro-turf.

I hope you guys have... fun? making those~
They both look super hard @__@

Anime/game/manga characters aren't exactly intelligently designed, lol. How do characters MOVE? I don't understaaand D:
bekah
bekah
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 19/01/08, 03:22 pm

LOL, you think that one costume along those lines is bad? I'm doing Rosso: MONDAY: FF7: Dirge of Cerberus Tsviets Group - Page 2 Artwork21
and Seraphik is doing Shelke,
MONDAY: FF7: Dirge of Cerberus Tsviets Group - Page 2 Shelke-saber
and possibly Weiss if her brother is interested. >w<
MONDAY: FF7: Dirge of Cerberus Tsviets Group - Page 2 418px-Weiss

Heheh, all images aside, I do plan to make the weapon, and you staying with me is a possibility, although not 100% certain. I'll see what I can do. No giant suitcases at the con though. ;) Personally, I think you should make it so the costume's arms can be 'undone' - I'm quite happy to do and undo your straightjacket for you, but feeding you, etc. will become very tiresome quite quickly. o_O;;

If you do stay with me, my dad has a big 4wd car, so there's no space problems in getting your wings there. Will you make the hinges functional? It might be a good idea for con-movements sake - getting through crowds might otherwise be tough... And I'm so not bringing a bag this time - I'm going to make a slot in my costume for cash/eftpos, and hide my camera in my cleavage. >= Carrying a bag + weapon as Yuna was hell -- and this weapon is even bigger... Awww crap - though I spose if we prerecord the skit, I'll have to bring speakers... Maybe if I make Alex a Naruto style backpack he'll play packhorse again. >=D

I will have to try and get a similar kind of colour in the prescription lenses, as I need to see. 8)

It's tough, because with both Nero and Rosso, neither of their strips are as small as 1/2" (or are Rosso's strips that thin? What do you think? 1/2" is 1.25cm), but I wouldn't go as far as to say they are an inch thick (2.5cm). What do you reckon - too wide or too thin? =

LOL, looking at my costume, I'll either be sticking money in the side of my breastplate, in the grey things on my shoes, or in my underwear. o_o;;
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Number of posts : 7122
Transforms into : a crotchety old woman
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down
http://www.jvca.net.nz

Post By JVCA. 19/01/08, 03:26 pm

Double posting coz that was a hella long post and you guys replied while I was writing it. XD

I love her ass cape! If we're doing the skit I think we are, it will be "It sucks to be me" - only Tsviets style, and she's going to be bitching about her costume -

"So now, I wear a swimsuit!
Get blood in my hair!
Have a piece of carpet for a cape -
And wear these god damn heels all day!"

LOL.

The carpet cape should help with my insecurities about my bum. But I think her leotard is a g-string. =O Not happy about that, and may try to use creative lisence, heh.

As for the crotch-guard armour stuff, I'm planning on making it out of roofing silicone, lol. Got the idea from Michaela's witchblade costume (the one she wore for the geddon judging) - she used roofing silicone on the green bits, and I think it'll work. :3

EDIT: About the game characters moving thing - I managed to get a screencap of her crotchguard 'bending' as she knelt down to pick something up -
MONDAY: FF7: Dirge of Cerberus Tsviets Group - Page 2 Rosso_groinguardmovement

I don't think they did think about how she was supposed to move in it at all. XD

Last edited by on 19/01/08, 03:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 19/01/08, 03:36 pm

I'm hoping to have small clip things- like on a bra- so that I can just hook my sleeves into place when I need to. That way, I can just holster my arms on and off for photos with relative ease. Alternatively, something like one of those buckles you find on a backpack sometimes, and if you could unclip them except for photos, or something.

I'm lucky- Nero has holsters on his pants for his weapons, and they're just standard handguns, so I'll buy a cheap set from the two dollar shop (I don't think I'll be using them except as decoration in their holsters, anyway, so yeah)

You should make the little decorations on the boots into pockets to put your cellphone or money. ;)

YUSS. ALEX CAN BE OUR PACKHORSE. ~<3

I think we should go with the 2.5 cm tape, then, because in all honesty? I think if we make them too thin it'll be worse than making them half a centimeter too wide.

HOLY CRAP HER LEOTARD IS A G-STRING. -never noticed that before-
Pyro
Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post By bekah. 19/01/08, 03:39 pm

I think the carpet ass cape thing is attached to her g-string~
Or something like that @__@
That's what it looks like.
Weird place to attach an ass cape.
bekah
bekah
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 19/01/08, 03:43 pm

-bursts out laughing-

Mother: -stares at Pyro strangely-
Pyro
Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post By bekah. 19/01/08, 03:45 pm

"Sup. I have carpet hanging off my g-string D:"

What are these people on when they create character costumes?
bekah
bekah
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 19/01/08, 03:46 pm

Hahah, I did extensive ref pic collecting -
MONDAY: FF7: Dirge of Cerberus Tsviets Group - Page 2 Rosso_back
Lookit the red - I don't like where that's curving to! o_o Oh well. >.> Creative license. It's mostly the discomfort of a G-string that makes me against it, as I'm sure I could get over the embarassment with a little work.

The clip things you're referring to are called hooks and eyes, just for reference. :) And you might want to try and get a relatively big size, as if you're unable to see what you're aiming at, it'll make them hard to aim for. You could also consider using snaps, and snap it on and off? Ionno. As I've said, I'm quite happy to do you up and undo you, you'll just have to work out how it's done. XD

And the $2 weapon thing sounds good. XD You've still got the wing daggers though - those will be tough.

The silver decorations on her boots were originally going to be EL tape inverter/battery hiding spots, but now that we're doing reflective tape, I might just do that, heh. Have to make sure the belt is nice and secure though... I can already visualise how it would work though, so that's good. Very Happy Thanks for the idea!

And I agree - worst comes to worst, we can cut it thinner. So inch thick for us two, and wait on Seraphik's answer? I'll have to anyway, as the strips on her gloves are thinner...

You should go on to youtube and get screenshots of Neros back, so you can see how it works over tharr.

Anyway, I have work tomorrow morning, so I'm off to bed. Gnite!
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By bekah. 19/01/08, 03:52 pm

IS CLIMATE NO PROBLEM WHEN THEY DESIGN THESE THINGS?!?

And, COMFORT.
Like - a metal crotch-guard thing.
If you moved in the wrong way, ow?
Also, ass carpet/cape - wouldn't that be like, scratchy??

I think about this stuff too much, lol.

G'nite :3

I really wanna see how you make her weapon! It looks to be annoying to lug around, not because of the weight, but the sheer length of the thing.
And hey, wouldn't that be another annoying thing for the character - like, where would you store it? @__@
bekah
bekah
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 19/01/08, 03:55 pm

Sweet. I shall call you my bondage-doer-upper to all those who ask. xD

Wing daggers can be done in like... Whatever I use for my Brotherhood sword for Tidus. I'm getting a plastic for that (can't remember what kind for the life of me), and I can use the leftovers to make the daggers for Nero. ;)

No problem. ;)

Someone PM Seraphik now and ask heeer! <<

I shall try, but bear in mind I'm on dial-up, so it takes me over an hour to watch a three minute scene. :)

'Night! <3
Pyro
Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post By seraphik. 19/01/08, 05:16 pm

MAN I GO AWAY FOR A FEW HOURS AND ALL THIS HAPPENS!
i am such a loser! sorry about being so tardy. ;

wow, you guys are so on to everything. ;3; i was actually researching my shelke costume last night and realised that she wears a bodysuit... looks like i'm going to have to lose weight to feel even marginally secure in it. i tell you JVCA, i don't envy rosso (as kickass as you'll make it look). i would look like, well, a beached whale in an... asscape? (is that what we're calling it?)
though anyway. i'll go through all of this one by one. ;

1.) i would love to do a skit. it would suck if we got a group together and didn't do one. D8

2.) what's on my cosplay schedule? ;; well, it's not as bad as i made it sound. i have to finish my timeskip!sasuke (not difficult, just need to finish making his gi) and then buy contacts for my ulquiorra cosplay, which will probably drain me of my remaining money. since i'm saving up to go to tokyo for my o.e. at the end of the year it might be difficult to budget around shelke, but i'm sure i'll end up with a good costume. 8D;;

3.) reflective tape. looking at shelke's body... glove... thing, i think that 2cm would do me fine. at a rough guess, i would assume i'd need about 2-3m- i intend to paint the little things on her gloves with paint, or wire them up with my not-so-good electronics skills.
edit; scratch that, i just looked at some ref pics and saw she had the tape on her back too. i'd need about 6m then.

4.) as for her aerial blades/lightsabers, i'm pretty sure i'll do those too, and if i have time, try to wire them up with real lights. i've only done a couple of projects like that in the past, though...

you know shelke's chest-guard thing? i'm a bit at a loss of what to make it out of, unless i buy a whole lot of sculpey and go nuts- or paper mache, but paper mache i hate. like the plague.

5.) as for weiss, i'm not too sure on what my brother's doing. it's a 50/50 chance that he'll do him, he's going through a few things atm trying to find a job in aucks and stuff, so yeah. he might be busy.

ANOTHER edit; i've just bought the pattern for my bodysuit for shelke- if anyone else needs it after i'm done, i'm happy to share it (i know there's quite a few bodysuit-ish things in the tsviets, so... yeah! offers there! http://www.trademe.co.nz/Crafts/Sewing/Patterns/Womenswear/auction-136229956.htm
i can't BELIEVE i found the exact pattern i needed. ; thankyou, god. next task; buy material.)
seraphik
seraphik
transient mod of fury

Number of posts : 4598
Transforms into : a post-graduate
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 20/01/08, 10:40 am

LOL. So we should all get a roll of inch wide reflective tape each? That'd be $84.17 altogether (including shipping to New Zealand, not including shipping between the three of us), so $28 each for one roll each (37.5 ft long by 1 inch - 11.43m by 2.5 cm). How does that sound?

@Bekah: Yeah, I swear that the only reason she doesn't draw blood every time she moves on that crotch guard is that it's happened so much already that it's turned into rock solid scar tissue. o_o; And I have the perfect fabric in mind for her cape - I actually saw it at spotlight before auckgeddon when trying to get fabric for Alex's Gaara, and it was what inspired me to make Rosso, lol. Unfortunately, when I went back a couple of months later to buy it, it was gone. T_T I will persevere and find it though! It's furry, but like... felted fur, instead of woven fur, and it's incredibly soft. <3 It was the perfect colour, too...

As for the Weapon, it folds up, so that helps with the carrying (although I'll have to engineer the folding of it o_o;), and she carries it on her back somehow (I have a pic of it on the other computer...) - I might make a bracket that it can slot into somehow.

@Pyro: Looking at the pic of Nero, what about black denim? You might be able to find a stretch denim, and it looks like the perfect texture to me...

@Seraphik: Is your brother Cabbit on cosplay.com? o_O Is he older, or younger? Your skit was so funneh. XD If he wants to join, and is able to, we'd love to have him, but no pressure or anything though, lol.

I'll type up the skit that Pyro first suggested and I evolved in my next post (as this post is already very long, heh.) But we HAVE to do a skit. o_o

Wow, you're going to Tokyo! <Is majorly jealous> If you're trying to save, then it's probably a good thing that we're doing the cheaper option of the reflective tape than the EL tape. :3

In regards to her weapon, it'd be so cool if you could make them light up. See if you can do something similar to lightsaber type things, lol. My dad reckons use an LED in an orange tube, and possible use a semi-opaque paint on the inside of the tube to help diffuse the light a little. o_O If that helps.

As for her chest guard, I have two of Michaela's costumes to refer you to that might help - Galadriel, and Witchblade. It occurs to me now that she has removed a lot of the reference/instructions from her site, perhaps because she is now a judge, but the Galadriel Armour might help a lot - from her previous description, it was very rigid. The Witchblade one is made out of roofing silicone on a craft foam base, and is what I'm using for Rosso. :) Sculpey might break too easily, I think...

And thanks for the offer, but I bought all my patterns (for the year, lol) at spotlight last month, 'coz they had 50% off patterns at some stage. n_n; Believe it or not, my Rosso costume is a cheerleaders uniform. XD
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 20/01/08, 11:32 am

OK! And now the skit XD Firstly, if you haven't seen the Avenue Q skit "It sucks to be me", click here, and watch the first 4 minutes 10 seconds.

The main issue with this skit at the moment is length, and getting all the Tsviets, but anyway, this is it in its full glory. If anyone has an issue with singing, as this is a musical skit, we're likely to prerecord it anyway, so if you like, we can get someone else to sing your part in the recording. XD ANYWAY!

Brian = Azul
Kate-Monster = Shelke
The two apartment guys = Nero and Weiss
Rosso = Christmas Eve
Gary Coleman = Tifa (we're not bothering with Princeton)

Shelke: Morning Azul! How's life~?
Azul: Disappointing.
Shelke: What's the matter?
Azul: When I was little, I thought I would be...
Shelke: What?
Azul: A supermodel on ShinRa TV!
Shelke: OH.
Azul: But now I'm 32, and as you can see, I'm not.
Shelke: Nope.
Azul: Oh well. It sucks to be me.
Shelke: No~!
Azul: It sucks to be me.
Shelke: NO!
Azul: It sucks to be broken, mutated, and turning 33. It sucks to be me.
Shelke: You think your life sucks?!
Azul: Oh, I think so.
Shelke: Your problems aren't so bad. I'm kind of pretty, and pretty damn smart.
Azul: You are.
Shelke: Thanks. I like romantic things like the internet and--
Azul: What? o_O
Shelke: Ugh. And as you know I have a gigantic heart! So why~ Won't Vincent just love me!? <Stamps foot as geddon is a PG event, lol> It sucks to be me!
Azul: Me too!
Shelke: It sucks to be me!
Azul: It sucks to be me! It sucks to be Azul--
Shelke: And Shelke!
Azul: To feel like a zero --
Shelke: To not have a help!

Both: It sucks to be me~
<Nero and Weiss enter, arguing>
Weiss: -mimes grabbing Nero's hair and yanking-
Nero: Ow! Hey! Hey!
Weiss: You're not my mother, Nero!
Azul: Hey! Nero, Weiss? Can you settle something if you have a second?
Nero: -shoves Weiss away gently- Sure!
Shelke: Whose life sucks more? Azul's or mine?
Nero: -pauses and thinks for a second, hand on chin. He moves out of the pose, into an 'aha' one-
Nero and Weiss: OURS!
Nero: We live together!
Weiss: We're close as people can get. -puts hand over Nero's shoulder. Nero pushes him away again-
Nero: We've been the closest of brothers-
Weiss: Ever since we joined the Tsviets!
Nero: But Weiss -shoots an evil look at Weiss- knows lots of ways to make me really upset! Oh- every day is an aggravation-
Weiss: Come on! That's an exageration!
Nero: <Scoffs> You never wear a shirt, or even brush your hair!
Weiss: You do such crazy things like ironing your straightjackets!!
<Shelke and Azul laugh>
Nero: You make the tiny labratory we share -- a HELL!
Weiss: So do you, that's why I'm in hell too!
Nero: It sucks to be me!
Weiss: No it sucks to be me!
Shelke: It sucks to be me!
Azul: It sucks to be me!
ALL: Is there anybody here it doesn't suck to be? It sucks to be me!
<Rosso walks on>
Rosso: Why are you all so happy?
Azul: Because our lives suck.
Rosso: You think your lives are so bad? I came to the Tsviets, for opportunities. Had some trouble with the Uniform -- none of them fitted me! But with hard work I went up in rank you see - so now... I wear a swimsuit! Get blood in my hair! Have a piece of carpet for a cape and wear these GOD-DAMN-HEELS-ALL-DAY! <Stamping her feet instead of hitting Azul to punctuate each syllable> It sucks to be me~ It sucks to be me~ I say well it sucka-sucka-sucka-sucka-sucka-sucka-sucks! It sucks to be me!
<Enter Tifa>
Tifa: Stop right there! Your lives aren't so bad!
TSVIETS: Oh my god, it's Tifa Lockhart!
Tifa: I'm Tifa Lockhart, from Strife deliveries~ I got dumped for some old dead girl -- Cloud's still ignoring me! I'm stuck at home, and Barrett dumps his kids on me~ But I'm here~ To try and kill you~!
<Tsviets laugh, and start getting ready for battle as they sing>
TSVIETS: It sucks to be you!
Shelke: You win.
Azul: I feel better now.
Tifa: Try having people stopping you to ask you "Hey Tifa, where's Cloud?". It gets OLD, fangirls.
TSVIETS: It sucks to be you-oo-oo! It sucks to be you!
SOMEONE: You're gunna die!
Tifa: Oh, just you try!
ALL: It sucks to be all of us but most of all it really does just suck! It sucks to be you~ <all posing as it is now the end of the skit>

The bits in italics are the bits I have issues with, and would like your opinions/suggestions on. n_n; I'll time it in a sec to see how long it is. If we don't have Azul and Weiss, the alternative for this skit is to put Nero in Azul's spot, and talk about his brother being a control freak --

Nero: But 'coz my brother's a giant control freak~ I'm not!
(and)
Nero: It sucks to broken hearted and stuck with a control freak. It sucks to be me.

EDIT: So the skit as is is 3 min 20 seconds, which is not as bad as I had thought. :) Given that we have 6 cosplayers, and most skits last year were 1-2 people, I think we might be able to get special consideration and go over our skit time. Although, then again, it's not like they timed the skits last year, and I'm pretty sure some people went over their 2 minutes by talking and skitting, so that might be ok... We so have to get best in show. >=D But then again, how to share a Wii (or similar) between 6 people...? Lol.

Last edited by on 22/01/08, 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By seraphik. 20/01/08, 01:08 pm

glancing over the skit, it looks wonderful. i'm actually a singer myself so i'd be keen to do it live ;; (don't take my pussycat pussycat thing from our last skit to heart, soifon is supposed to be an awful singer) but yeah! it looks good!

wow. ;; i still have to buy shelke's wig and everything... i'm trying to find work at the moment and i'm temping/commissioning stuff, but yeah. is there any way i could split a roll with someone?

and re: her weapons, yeah! i was looking at the few costumes posted of her, and they're just modded lightsabers. i have quite a few thoughts about how to make them really bright, but it'd be awesome if we could do a nightshoot or something, perhaps after geddon ends? we could... skulk around and stuff. 8D!

and yeah, cabbit is on cosplay.com as... cabbit. 8D and he's older, he's 20 and i'm 17. i'll have a chat to him about doing weiss~
seraphik
seraphik
transient mod of fury

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 20/01/08, 01:36 pm

I'll calculate how much I need for Rosso, but I think 5/6m (whatever is half of 11, lol) will suffice. :3

And LOL I can't get over how much I loved that skit. XD I can sing Rosso's accent quite comfortably as long as I haven't recently been trying to sing Azul's voice, lol (as I discovered while timing the skit - trying to sing 6 parts is funny/bad n_n; ). I'll try do a recording of me singing Rosso's bit for you guys so you can deem whether it is stageworthy. XDDD

And I'm glad you like it. n_n; Feel free to make any suggestions. :3

I would SO love to do a night shoot! Near enough to lights so that the reflective tape works, but not so close that it's... well, light. I hope the reflective tape works on the stage, coz it was quite dark last year, so it should. Very Happy

Is Cabbit staying in Auckland permanently? If so, that makes at least accomodation cheaper (or free, lol) for you when you come to Auckgeddon. Very Happy You're in Dunedin, right? Just because I'm nosy, does he make his costumes, or do you? o_O

Good luck with the job finding. Very Happy I know that without mine, Rosso would be well impossible. @_@ If it's your kind of thing, Whitcoulls is a good place to work - apply online if you're interested. :3 It's good - they pay adult minimum wage, not youth minimum wage (ie. $11.25/hr rather than $9.50/hr Very Happy) and even if you don't know much about books, you learn a LOT on the job + it's not terribly taxing work - the only bad bits are christmas, and standing on your feet all day. XD (I work at Whitcoulls, lol, just in case you hadn't guessed)
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By seraphik. 20/01/08, 02:30 pm

i'll try and send my c.v. in there then. 8D freelancing artwork isn't lucrative enough at the moment since my last client's job has just been completed so BLAH. on the job market again. >|

yay for a recording! that'd be awesome! shelke's voice won't be hard for me to do, it's pretty plain- but it'd be so awesome to do a singing skit. >) plus it'd be new and interesting~
AND NIGHT SHOOT WOOHOO, it's the best time to capture the reflective tape (which is probably a good thing if we're going to go through the effort of using it), so sometime after armageddon on monday? it doesn't get dark for a while, which is my only concern...

yeah, cabbit's staying in auckland permanently- his apartment is actually right bang smack opposite aotea center hahaha. so i'd have no problem getting around or anything. ; and yes, i do live in dunedin, the hole of the south. it kinda sucks, because there's nothing and noone really down here, but HEY I GET TO COME UP FOR ARMAGEDDON so i ain't complainin'. 8D

as for cabbit's costumes... he did actually do a great deal of work on his, after i showed him some stuff on the sewing machine. i made most of his hakama and painted his haori, but he put a load of work into it. i was so proud. <33 i have, however, ended up making quite a bit of my friends' bleach costumes, though... it's getting tiring painting haori after haori. >|
i'd actually like to get started on shelke for a BREAK AND SOMETHING NEW.
(and it'd be awesome if we could split that tape, btw! i know i'm probably overestimating what i need for her costume, so yeah.)
seraphik
seraphik
transient mod of fury

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 20/01/08, 02:52 pm

YUP! As I said, I'll just double check with my notes to see if 5.5m is enough - one moment! Okay, apparently, I need 469cm, so 5.5m should give me enough room for error, so that sounds great. Very Happy In that case, if we order 2 rolls, it will be $23.40 for Pyro's roll, and so we'd pay $11.70 per roll, then the shipping is $8.70 divided between the three of us is $2.90, so Pyro = $26.3, and ours each is $14.60 each. :3 Hows that sound?

http://whitcoulls.workstarglobal.com/ <--- application form. We've been told very strictly that people must apply online. o_O

Yay for free & easy accomodation! What prompted the move?

Very Happy And then with the recording you can hear how it's supposed to go according to the music in my head. Very Happy Live would be good in the way that it'd be okay without background music, but I guess my main concern is that there were only two mics this year - although I suppose during the bits where multiple people are singing, they could share. We'd have to think of an inventive way to give Tifa the mic, heh. Night shot would be uber cool, but you're right - round that time of year it's not dark until reasonably late.
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 20/01/08, 05:02 pm

Right. ;) I'll have a word with my father/mother and ask if they're okay with me getting the tape from you. The next time I'll be in Auckland is for DO, and so if we trade then?

Kyaa! He's so lucky. >> My grandparents (who I stay with for DO/Auckgeddon) are on the North Shore, so we have to drive in early for events.

Oh my. >> I just thought of one major kink with my Nero costume- I won't be able to hold a microphone with my straightjacket, and pre-recording could be difficult (crap mic, ETC)

From the sound of it, I'll have to make my straightjacket sleeves so I can easily unclip them, and have his ordinary gunslinger sleeves underneath. Maybe if I make the straightjacket end so that it's attached to the shoulders, I could simply unhook the sleeves and have the straightjacket fall back over? It'd be the best way for me to perform the skit, and that might get us extra tech points, if I get it right. ;)

From there, I could easily sing my part- I've had to perform in a musical before whilst in a full-body fursuit, as the lead role, so it wouldn't be too unnatural for me. ;) Plus, I used to have a British accent, so that part's easy too. (I grew up in a town in Britain as a kid! <3 Little known fact, lovies.)

EDIT: Okay, I was looking through the 'It Sucks to Be Me' lyrics, and there's a small part you missed out on from the original draft (which was perhaps my favorite part! T_T) which went like this (oddly, the only part I remember word-for-word)

-from when Nero and Weiss enter-

Weiss: -mimes grabbing Nero's hair and yanking-
Nero: Ow! Hey! Hey!
Weiss: You're not my mother, Nero!
Azul: Hey! Nero, Weiss? Can you settle something if you have a second?
Nero: -shoves Weiss away gently- Sure!
Shelke: Whose life sucks more? Azul's or mine?
Nero: -pauses and thinks for a second, hand on chin. He moves out of the pose, into an 'aha' one-
Nero and Weiss: OURS!
Nero: We live together!
Weiss: We're close as people can get. -puts hand over Nero's shoulder. Nero pushes him away again-
Nero: We've been the closest of brothers-
Weiss: Ever since we joined the Tsviets!
Nero: But Weiss -shoots an evil look at Weiss- knows lots of ways to make me really upset! Oh- every day is an aggravation-
Weiss: Come on! That's an exageration!
Nero: -scoffs, before leading into the next part of the song-

A few other things I noticed whilst going through the revised lyrics-

One line you changed slightly makes no sense- 'You do such anal things like ironing your straightjackets'- Shall we change 'anal' to 'crazy', just to enhance the sense of "Oh God, what is wrong with the one in the black pleather?!" that goes on in the audience? Just a thought. ;)

The final line could be changed to fit in a bit more with the original music-

Perhaps; "It sucks to be us stuck in Dirge of Cerberus... -suddenly, everyone strikes a pose and points offstage to the same spot and yells- But most of all YOU!

We could then have a sound file from Dirge of Cerberus of Vincent going 'Huh?' or crying 'Lucrecia!', have each of us take a signature character pose for pictures, and end the skit there. ;) It just seems a more rounded off way to finish the skit, and makes more sense, as all the troubles of the group actually came from Vincent failing to save Lucrecia, as several scientists joined the race to create the ultimate lifeform soon after Sephiroth was unveiled to the Shinra community. One of said projects created the man who created the Tsviets, and of course, Vincent's failings also inflicted Tifa, in a similar way.

It'd be a subtle in-reference, but there are people at 'Geddon who'd get it. The rest of the skit is general troubles which anyone who's played the game would know, but if we added in that last little bit at the end, it would not just make reasonable sense to people who just know the bare facts on FFVII, but also serve as a nice, quick joke to all those who've tolerated all the niggles of the entire set of games and spin-offs.

Finally, the part near the beginning where Shelke says 'I like romantic things like the internet;' we should probably follow up with some kind of rhyme for heart, so the pacing doesn't fail us. Otherwise, we're left with a big messy space with no talking. We could just go with 'art' like the original song, but if anyone could come up with something better...?

Those're just my little points on the skit script. ;) Other than that, you did a wonderful job retuning it from my rough draft. <3
Pyro
Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post By seraphik. 20/01/08, 06:51 pm

sounds good to me!

um, he moved in with his partner. 8D so yeah, that's why he's in auckland now.
& pyro, don't worry, when i came to the past two auck armas, i had to stay in north shore. i understand how long it takes to get in. ;;
seraphik
seraphik
transient mod of fury

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 21/01/08, 03:19 am

Sounds good. :) Seraphik, are you coming to DO, or do you want me to post it to you?

Yeah, the Microphone thing is tough... And would you be able to audibly sing through the mask? Worst comes to worst, for the pre-recording thing, my mic is decent, so I could try do your part, but I can understand why you might be opposed to that. If you can audibly sing through the mask, then maybe we can get Alex (as Naruto, lol, possibly the most irrelevant character to DoC ever) to run around behind you and hold your mic? XDDD

Otherwise, the straightjacket suggestion you have there sounds good - you could use hooks and eyes to make sure that the straightjacket sleeves attatch to your arms properly, perhaps.

I'd be fine to sing live, as I've said. :3 Although, again, how to deal with the only two mic thing?

The main reason I cut out that part (which I admit, I do like a lot, heh) was because of time reasons (that and I was watching the Royal Variety Show shortened variety of the skit when I typed this up, heh) - without it the skit is 3.20min which is 1.20min too long, but I'll time it again with that part in to see how much of a difference it would make. I reckon that, with 6 cosplayers, it might be okay if we have a 4 min skit instead of a 2 min one, as we have 3 times the normal number of people. Maybe. o_O Should I ask Michaela about it? Although she seems to have done a very good job of ignoring all my emails. >.>; Another reason why I hope she'll be in favour of it is because it's a humour skit, so it's easier to keep people entertained with than a drama skit... And many of the humourous bits aren't just in-jokes, as well, which is a bonus, as all of the crowd will get them, instead of just those who've played DoC (eg. Azul wants to be a supermodel, Nero irons his straightjackets, Rosso wears carpet and a swimsuit, and it Tifa really does just have a sucky life).

I approve of the change from 'Anal' to crazy - that sounds much better. :3

Not meaning to sound catty, but how on earth does that adaptation of the final line fit more with the music?? o_O; <can't fit the tempo together in her head> Although I agree that the ending I've written is not quite right.

And I had intended for us to finish the skit in our signature poses, heh. Very Happy I LOVE SIGNATURE POSES! But now I must determine what Rosso's signature pose is.... I vote this one:

Oh, and for those interested, this is how Rosso stores her weapon:

I'm of two minds of the Shelke thing: On the one hand, it doesn't fit with the rhyme scheme, and is possibly a syllable short. But on the other hand (and we can emphasise this by having Azul pull a WTF face), it's funny because it's like What? That doesn't Rhyme. How is the internet romantic? And I like the in-joke about her synaptic net dive thing. Jeez, I really have to do that recording... Very Happy

EDIT: With the new part in it, it's 3 min 48 seconds. LOL, I just realised that I put Azul down as Brian somewhere in there. XD <changes>
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 21/01/08, 04:46 am

-sniggers- Naruto is lyk, soooo relvent to doc, i mean, he lyk ninjas into EVARY chaptuur, lol.

xD I kid, I kid.

I'll try and work something out with the mask so I can sing audibly through it- as I've said, I've had to sing with my mouth covered before, so if the mask design is loosened a little around the mouth, I should be fine for talking/singing.

For the only two mic thing, if we have one between Azul and Shelke, and another between Nero and Weiss, we can just have the other two girls grab ones off each group after our sections are done-

After all, the only things following that are group yells, which I figure we won't need mics for. ;)

So, it could go something like this-

Azul and Shelke- Mic
Nero and Weiss- Mic
Rosso walks on and takes Nero and Weiss' mic.
Tifa walks on, yells, and then steals Azul and Shelke's mic.

By the way, I've been looking at skits on Youtube, and it seems that many people with smaller groups go way overtime-

All of Kylie/Keysha-Chan's skits go over about three and a half minutes.

I can't remember who, but someone's skit went up to about four minutes.

I think, considering we'll have a group of six if we do the full-length version, we can get away with a four minute or so skit. ;)

WOOYEAH, AH'M CRAYZEH NOW.

I haven't heard the song in a while, and I was envisaging it in my head, so it probably doesn't fit quite right. ^^;;

I won't be able to listen to the song again until tomorrow, when I can borrow a computer with sound (and faster internet)

For the ending; seeing as I don't have to say anything after my section (other than group yells), shall I re-straghtjacket myself, so I can go into one of Nero's chest-puffed-up-legs spread-out-I'm-hella-crazy poses?

Hm. I think; quite honestly, for a better ending to that line, we should try and add a word in. When things don't rhyme, it often breaks the tempo a bit too much, and also, the rhyming word comes next, and that's what you'd want to 'not-rhyme'. Otherwise, the entire thing has no purpose of being left out for like, five seconds, and audience has already forgotten it by the rhyming word.

A short alternative, I think, that uses your 'What?' idea with Azul, is Shelke says 'and' after the word 'internet', and then Azul looks exasperatedly at the audience, prompting Shelke to yell "Argh!" in frustration, in a way that implies she thinks the internet is the pinnacle of romance.

How does that sound? ;)
Pyro
Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post By seraphik. 21/01/08, 05:30 am

i need to get my ps2 out and play doc again. ;
it doesn't look like i'm going to make DO this year unfortunately- but i'll pay you for what it costs to send it down to me. <333
skits still looking good... i have a run over it, and the part where i go 'why won't vincent fall in love with me' is kind of hard to sing in that small part. ;;;
any ideas?
seraphik
seraphik
transient mod of fury

Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 21/01/08, 06:20 am

We had it differently in the draft, that particular line, but I don't think it made sense... Let's see...

How about 'Why won't Vincent just love me!? UGH.'
Pyro
Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content