Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

YAP - Yet Another Photographer

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
YAP - Yet Another Photographer
Post By Azback. 10/03/14, 06:41 am

Hi, and yup I'm yet another photographer who has come in search of folk to collaborate with on cosplay shoots. I'm an experienced hobbyist photographer but I have not done a cosplay shoot before, either formal or candid at events. My interest in cosplay has only been piqued after an impromptu shoot I did with a friend where we started out with regular portraiture and headshots we also did a 'just for fun' DC comics themed shoot. Not cosplay as such (no replication of costume, just characterisation and the use of DC characters logo tee shirts as token nods). Now we have a full on Punisher shoot in the works where we will go for more authentic costuming and maybe some pyrotechnics etc!

Anywho, I am based in Lower Hutt, I'm a stay at home dad for the mean time and spend my spare time (such as it is) on my photography hobby and sometimes moonlight as an utterly inept videographer simply by virtue of being known as "the guy with a dslr that shoots video" to my actor friends who dabble in short films.

I am a comics fan, but despite the best efforts of friends not a manga reader or anime watcher making cosplay based on those mediums somewhat impenetrable for me. I enjoy Warren Ellis, Joss Whedon, Neil Gaiman as comics writers and would rate Transmetropolitan, DMZ, Saga and Lucifer as my favourite reads. Not generally into DC/Marvel but did enjoy one offs like Batman Year 100 and will try to wrap my head around continuity and tie ins if I see Whedon or Ellis involved with Marvel.

The keepers from my DC themed (not actual cosplay) shoot:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/elpeedee/sets/72157642125836643/

So yeah, that's me and I'm here because I appreciate what you guys and gals do and I'm a guy with a box that's got a button and it goes click and maybe sometime, somewhere we could work together. :)

Azback
Soldier A

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-03-10

YAP - Yet Another Photographer Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: YAP - Yet Another Photographer
Post By LolliLane. 10/03/14, 10:56 am

Yay! A fellow Lower-Huttian! Welcome! I've always wanted to do a cosplay shoot but all my photographer friends live elsewhere.
LolliLane
LolliLane
Pinky

Number of posts : 21
Transforms into : Rogue, Gadget, Lulu
Registration date : 2014-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post By Static. 11/03/14, 03:31 am

Welcome! Always great to have some more photographers around :)
Static
Static
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3584
Transforms into : HULKSMASH
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down
http://www.little-noise.com

Post By Azback. 11/03/14, 06:24 am

LolliLane wrote:
Yay! A fellow Lower-Huttian! Welcome! I've always wanted to do a cosplay shoot but all my photographer friends live elsewhere.

I'm not a native, I'm a Hawkes Bay boy at heart. But I've been here about 5 years since my wife and I moved here for her work. It's a nice place though and we're happy. Got a place near the river and short walk from town. Fish and chips on the beach at Petone etc.

I'm a hobbyist not a pro, (though I do maintain some delusions of adequacy) but if you're keen on a casual shoot sometime let me know if you have any ideas of what you're after, I have a good setup that's totally adaptable.

Azback
Soldier A

Back to top Go down

Post By Azback. 11/03/14, 06:34 am

Static wrote:
Welcome! Always great to have some more photographers around :)

Thanks, I browsed a bit before registering and saw your work. Really stunning!

Azback
Soldier A

Back to top Go down

Post By LolliLane. 11/03/14, 02:08 pm

Azback wrote:
LolliLane wrote:

I'm not a native, I'm a Hawkes Bay boy at heart. But I've been here about 5 years since my wife and I moved here for her work. It's a nice place though and we're happy. Got a place near the river and short walk from town. Fish and chips on the beach at Petone etc.

I'm a hobbyist not a pro, (though I do maintain some delusions of adequacy) but if you're keen on a casual shoot sometime let me know if you have any ideas of what you're after, I have a good setup that's totally adaptable.

I'm not a Native either ;)

I'm currently working on a Lulu (from Final Fantasy) cosplay in celebration of the remake of the game. Once I've got that sorted do you want to do a shoot?

EDIT: I know you said you aren't really into DC/Marvel but I have a pretty sweet Rogue cosplay outfit in my closet. Very Happy
LolliLane
LolliLane
Pinky

Number of posts : 21
Transforms into : Rogue, Gadget, Lulu
Registration date : 2014-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post By Minato_mori. 11/03/14, 03:56 pm

Welcomeee!! I saw a few of your videos you uploaded ^^
Those photos on flickr are amazing! Nice lighting, use of lines and bokeh!
I too like Joss and Neil, more for Neil's books but Sandman was good!
I fear as to where American Gods will go with the mini series and yet I'm so excited!

Hope to see you at more Armageddons!
Ask Cosplay New Zealand on the Facebook group as to who wants a photoshoot
the next time around and put a description for what kind of character or theme you're looking for :)
Minato_mori
Minato_mori
fraggle rock

Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down