Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello! Going to Auckland Armageddon, cosplaying Hanji from Attack on Titan!

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Post By Rinelle. 30/08/13, 02:00 am

I've been here once before but I couldn't post much cuz RL got the better of me.

But I'm coming back to life again here because I'm so in love with Attack on Titan and I really trying to scrape together all the knowledge I need to put together a decent cosplay outfit and somehow tackle making the weapons and the 3D maneuver gear! And I want to join the big AOT Sunday group too hopefully!

I welcome any tutorials or tips on how to make the weapons and 3DM gear since I really haven't a clue on how to even start.

I've been doing a lot of internet searching for a ton of tutorials and found a lot but I'd still like a helping hand from someone here who can point me where to shop to get the parts and materials needed to save me time since I'm only just starting this now >_<
Rinelle
Rinelle
Pinky

Number of posts : 20
Transforms into : forever Hanji =w=
Registration date : 2013-08-30

Hello! Going to Auckland Armageddon, cosplaying Hanji from Attack on Titan! Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Hello! Going to Auckland Armageddon, cosplaying Hanji from Attack on Titan!
Post By Rolly. 31/08/13, 03:56 pm

Hi there!!!

There are at least 2-3 people who have made 3DMG gear in our cosplay community.
There's even a short tutorial on how to make 3DMG with materials bought from Daiso (everything lol), though I'm not sure if the Queen St one has the same stock. There's also another $3 Japan store further down Queen St near the Quay, and a Tokutokuya in the Manukau Westfield? You might be able to source everything from these stores. And there's Look Sharp too.
Link to said short tutorial: http://maxiburger.tumblr.com/post/51613991677/how-to-create-your-own-three-dimensional-maneuver-gear

Good luck!! I think the other most challenging thing would be the belts. It's probably best to make it in 2-3 big pieces so it's easy for you to get in and out of.

Hello! Going to Auckland Armageddon, cosplaying Hanji from Attack on Titan! Shinge10
Rolly
Rolly
forum prisoner.

Number of posts : 2918
Transforms into : a stylish shoe for the blind earthbender
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Hello! Going to Auckland Armageddon, cosplaying Hanji from Attack on Titan! Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By brunetteyes. 01/09/13, 04:32 am

Slinky from the forums did a tutorial for the belts here: http://slinky-sews.tumblr.com/post/57947268828/how-to-make-wear-a-titan-harness

And I'm currently halfway through making mine so feel free to ask me questions: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=229039297249962&set=pb.140951856058707.-2207520000.1377991781.&type=3&theater

I cant really help with the 3DM since I'm not making it, but there's tons of useful tutorials on how to do it.

Good luck :)
brunetteyes
brunetteyes
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post By Rinelle. 03/09/13, 10:15 am

urgh...forum ate my post and i didn't realize it did.

i went to manukau first thing yesterday, picked up some foam board from warehouse stationary, nice big piece! Already cut out the flat pieces for my swords. Waiting for a reply on the thickness of the blade in the props section before I start using my glue gun on it.

Thank you for that Tokutokuya suggestion Rolly! I was able to pick up the tops of my gas cannisters from there as well as one of my belts to trial the harness with. I need to make another trip the westfield manukau to try out the other $2-$3 dollar shops as well as queen street because I know they have excellent $3 Japan and similar shops there! Have marked those tutorials down so that I can keep referring to them as well.

Brunetteyes, your harness is looking excellent! And that's a fantastic harness tutorial! What are you using for the black material bit? is that foam?

Rinelle
Rinelle
Pinky

Number of posts : 20
Transforms into : forever Hanji =w=
Registration date : 2013-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosplay New Zealand :: Important :: Introductions-