Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Heya~ minna! :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Heya~ minna! :)
Post By oujihime. 21/03/13, 01:25 am

Hello guys,

It's my first time to post so I might as well introduce myself.
This is hime - but my partner, ouji will be active as well (I am more active in forums and online than him).
Moved here in South Island - Timaru - for the job so I am wondering are there forumers from CNZ here?
I would love to meet you guys!

This year, we plan to have our own project photoshoot!
As well as, start off something really awesome!

We loved to meet people who have been well experience with crafting as well as getting an accurate cos done.

We have actually attended to this Armageddon event in CHCH and it was fun, unfortunately, we haven't attended the Day 1 since we have arrived really really late. Awesome pictures of the event in the gallery! Very Happy

I am well experienced with the quality of cosplay wigs and stuff and I can help you guys out!
Feel free to ask! :3

This is a long introduction!

Ja ne~
oujihime
oujihime
Zenbu

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2012-07-08

Heya~ minna! :) Vide
Back to top Go down
http://www.oujihime.com

Re: Heya~ minna! :)
Post By chiken_skratch. 21/03/13, 01:32 am

Welcome to CNZ!!! A project photoshoot?? That sounds so cool!! I'm sure many of the cosplayers here will jump at the chance to participate. Hope you enjoy your stay here and find everything you need in these forums!!
chiken_skratch
chiken_skratch
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 606
Transforms into : somebody more useful
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down
http://cosplayfromskratch.deviantart.com

Post By oujihime. 21/03/13, 06:11 am

Yep a project photoshoot~ :)
We will be exploring the awesome~ness of photography!
It's just a matter of finding the right people who will be participating on it and there's so many awesome locations here!

Thanks for welcoming me chiken_skratch! :)
Will do my best to share my skills to the awesome people here. Razz

oujihime
oujihime
Zenbu

Back to top Go down

Post By Epiales. 21/03/13, 07:58 am

Hey there to the two of you and welcome to CNZ! Very Happy
Epiales
Epiales
Tophat

Number of posts : 153
Transforms into : ZGMF-X47S Faith Gundam
Registration date : 2011-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 21/03/13, 10:23 am

Welcome. Good to see more older cosplayers these days. You may be pushing it to find many cosplayers in Timaru. Dunedin and Christchurch have plenty though. What where you cosplaying at geddon?
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Number of posts : 4033
Transforms into : This stylish saffron shirt.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down
http://skydrive.live.com/#cid=23D41AFD1F51E1F4

Post By oujihime. 21/03/13, 01:32 pm

Epiales wrote:
Hey there to the two of you and welcome to CNZ! Very Happy

Thanks! Very Happy

Highlander wrote:
Welcome. Good to see more older cosplayers these days. You may be pushing it to find many cosplayers in Timaru. Dunedin and Christchurch have plenty though. What where you cosplaying at geddon?

It's our first time to be there - unfortunately our cosplans didn't push through due to lack of time and have been busy with full time work. We have certain cosplans this year so we're working on it. Very Happy
We actually didn't have experience to cosplay (ourselves cosplaying) but we do make costumes, get quality wigs for cosplays and do some crafts as well (well ouji do the crafting part).

Some of our works are here:
Princess Zelda
Princess Zelda up close
Lolita 1
Yayin Gongyu Vocaloid
AsunaxKirito Sword Art online
Miku Append Vocaloid
Inori-Guilty Crown

Costumes, wigs, accessories and shoes are from us.
These are our younger sisters in the Philippines.
Too bad we need to move here in New Zealand - left behind are our equipments and stuff. >.<

Well I do hope I can find some cosplayers here in Timaru. *crosses fingers*
But Chirstchurch and Dunedin are very much accessible so yeah...
oujihime
oujihime
Zenbu

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 21/03/13, 02:32 pm

Highlander wrote:

It's our first time to be there - unfortunately our cosplans didn't push through due to lack of time and have been busy with full time work. We have certain cosplans this year so we're working on it. Very Happy
We actually didn't have experience to cosplay (ourselves cosplaying) but we do make costumes, get quality wigs for cosplays and do some crafts as well (well ouji do the crafting part).

Too bad we need to move here in New Zealand - left behind are our equipments and stuff. >.<

[/quote]

So like if the shop is in the Philippines and you are here, then are you still selling stuff?
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 21/03/13, 02:35 pm

Welcome! I come from Timaru!! I now live in Wellington, but as a kid I lived in Timaru (: I love the place! Unfortunately I've only been back once since I left about ten years ago ):

Are you going to continue making stuff here in New Zealand? What do you work as now? Costume making stuff?

Hope you have fun here in NZ!
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By oujihime. 22/03/13, 12:15 am

Highlander wrote:
Highlander wrote:

So like if the shop is in the Philippines and you are here, then are you still selling stuff?[/quote]

Yes we still do! We can still access our shopping capabilities in taobao stuff! We're just in the planning phase of how we do it here in NZ since you know... we should get more info. as to how the market is. :)
We are more experience with wigs and stuff and as for crafting mainly we use are rubber sheets (which is cheaper) in the Philippines but not too sure as to how is the availability here in New Zealand. We may try to use Wonderflex or Worbla if budget permits but yeah... feel free to send me a private message if you are looking for a certain stuff in particular. I am happy to hunt it for you. :)

Pura wrote:
Welcome! I come from Timaru!! I now live in Wellington, but as a kid I lived in Timaru (: I love the place! Unfortunately I've only been back once since I left about ten years ago ):

Are you going to continue making stuff here in New Zealand? What do you work as now? Costume making stuff?

Hope you have fun here in NZ!

Nyaaa~ I would love to meet you if you will be visiting Timaru again!
Yes, we're still going to continue making stuff here as this has been our passion. It's just a matter of getting our equipments back again and looking into materials that we have used before in the Philippines and it's availability here or maybe we might try using Wonderflex or Worbla in crafting armor stuffs. :)

I am working in the hospital as a nurse - a busy and a tough job but nothing prevents me from doing what I love to do! :)

*huggles* Thanks for welcoming us~
oujihime
oujihime
Zenbu

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 22/03/13, 09:54 am

We are more experience with wigs and stuff and as for crafting mainly we use are rubber sheets (which is cheaper) in the Philippines but not too sure as to how is the availability here in New Zealand. We may try to use Wonderflex or Worbla if budget permits but yeah... feel free to send me a private message if you are looking for a certain stuff in particular. I am happy to hunt it for you. :)

Well you can get wonderflex or fossshape from trinity treasures, and you can now import worbla from australia. I would love to import friendly plastic if I could find a bulk supplier. There are other casting supplies (eg. clays, resins, and pewter) from topmark or regal castings. And you can get sheets of EVA (craft) foam from several industrial suppliers. But you may have to search for rubber sheets, probably from an industrial supplier. And of course some things are just easier in wood.

As for wigs, I will see what I can find shortly, then I will PM you with what I can't find. You do wig styling too?
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By oujihime. 22/03/13, 10:33 am

Highlander wrote:

Well you can get wonderflex or fossshape from trinity treasures, and you can now import worbla from australia. I would love to import friendly plastic if I could find a bulk supplier. There are other casting supplies (eg. clays, resins, and pewter) from topmark or regal castings. And you can get sheets of EVA (craft) foam from several industrial suppliers. But you may have to search for rubber sheets, probably from an industrial supplier. And of course some things are just easier in wood.

As for wigs, I will see what I can find shortly, then I will PM you with what I can't find. You do wig styling too?

Yes, I do wig styling for simpler styles but would love to take up a challenge. :)
Thanks for the awesome info! :)
oujihime
oujihime
Zenbu

Back to top Go down

Post By tashamanx1. 26/03/13, 12:39 pm

WELCOOOOOOME TO CNZ *cue victorious trumpets*