Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greetings from Heaven's Forge!

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Greetings from Heaven's Forge!
Post By HeavensForge. 06/03/13, 12:09 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Kelly, and I run an Adelaide, AU based store called Vitae Clothing; of which there is a sub department called Heaven's Forge, which sells hard to come by cosplay and costuming supplies-

Currently I'm seeking out all the groups around Australia and New Zealand right now since we're about to start retailing Worbla's Finest Art, the thermoplastic revolutionising costuming all over Europe and the USA, and I wanted to make sure everyone knows and can get access to it! I want to make it available to the oceanic nations so that everyone here can take their costuming to the next level of professionalism with the minimum of cost (And without the ridonkulous shipping from Euro/USA)

I plan to hopefully come over to NZ soon for a convention, as a vendor, and to meet all the costumers I can while I'm there and hopefully provide you all with Worbla in person since shipping is such a poop for us oceanic nations.

I haven't linked my page or store since this is an introduction, I hope that's ok! I'm really excited to be able to converse with you all and hope to met some of you sometime in the next year when I travel about the place Very Happy

Aside from that, I am a 29 year old Shoujo-style costumer for the most part; although my Ultimate cosplay plans is to make Priss's Hardsuit from Bubblegum Crisis 2040, and Nightmare from Soul Calibur 4, as a 7 foot tall suit with sooo many cool tech bits Very Happy this year at our local, Will be going as Godoka from Madoka Magica, and maybe will be doing Naomi Armitage from Armitage the III as well. With the new retailing of Worbla I will be making a load more costumes than before and I could not be more excited about that, costuming is one of my greatest passions!

So that's the nutshell, nice to meet you all :) Pikachu
HeavensForge
HeavensForge
Pinky

Number of posts : 18
Transforms into : Kittachu
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Greetings from Heaven's Forge! Vide
Back to top Go down
http://heavensforge.com

Re: Greetings from Heaven's Forge!
Post By Pura. 06/03/13, 12:15 pm

Hey, nice to meet you! I think a lot of us will be extremely interested in Worbla! I know a few of us know of European cosplayers who we follow on fb or whatever who use Worbla a lot and we've had talks about Worbla in the past, so I'm definitely interested Very Happy. I haven't even gotten around to using wonderflex yet, haha.

Do you know which Armageddon in NZ you'd come to? (:
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By HeavensForge. 06/03/13, 12:22 pm

I'll have to do some research first, but was hoping to talk with you all about where you think the best place to start is! I'm a geographical disaster usually hahaha XD

Depending on how sales go in the first year of selling Worbla will determine how fast I can get over there and which one I can go to, I think. I definitely prefer to have an actual presence in my store though; Actually get to know my customers and be available and such :3
HeavensForge
HeavensForge
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 06/03/13, 12:57 pm

Well Auckland is the biggest Armageddon here, which would also have the most cosplayers (and a lot of us non-Aucklanders travel up there too, I always do try to). And they also have the biggest space a heap load of foot traffic as well as being the city that all the international flights fly to, so that's easy Razz Auckgeddon is in October almost all of the time Razz

Wellington is also pretty awesome, and I'm slightly biased Razz. We have a pretty decent attendance here and there's also a lot of foot traffic and people from other cities coming. The venue changed this year so I can't comment on it until Armageddon comes around Razz Normal it's in April, but this year it's in June. I think you can fly directly to Wellington internationally, but it has one of the smallest runways in the world (due to lack of flat land in Wellington, lol). So bigger international planes can't land here xD

Christchurch and Dunedin and Hamilton are the three smaller ones, Hamilton started last year so it's not as popular, and the cosplay scene is still picking up, CHCH is pretty meh imo, bad venue and tiny space and people don't go to it as much (the CHCH Earthquake is the reason for the venue change) and Dunedin was held for the first time last week but I think it was also pretty small.

So all in all Auckland would be the best to go to to advertise and sell products Razz. Most amount of cosplayers and most amount of foot traffic and the best venue Razz
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By HeavensForge. 06/03/13, 01:06 pm

Thank you Very Happy That seems reasonable, I think, although we maybe can't dig October this year; if things go well it might be possible to come at least to Wellington in 2014 Very Happy
wah, it's all so exciting! I can't wait to see what everyone does with their worbla, it's going to be incredible Very Happy
HeavensForge
HeavensForge
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post By Pixel. 06/03/13, 01:08 pm

Welcome!! I just got back from Adelaide this morning aw man if only I could have found your shop! Can I ask where it is located?
Pixel
Pixel
EVEN MORE EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2010-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post By HeavensForge. 06/03/13, 01:14 pm

We're located in the Adelaide Arcade, upstairs- Vitae and Heaven's Forge are both located up there in two separate stores (little bit confuzzling, but basically; I sell the clothing stuffs at Miss Pixie, and use Seams Nostalgic across the balcony as a workshop for sewing and costuming)

Next time you're here, definitely come up and see all the things, We've got this awesome little shop community going on up there with so many sub-genres, Rockabilly, Vintage, Sewing, Collectibles, Nerdy toys and Nekomimi/Squishables, and an excellent Goth shop that stocks dragonsblood corsets Very Happy

Out of curiosity, what sort of stores are coming to your cons over there? Do many aussie places come to visit and sell you goods usually?
HeavensForge
HeavensForge
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post By Epiales. 11/03/13, 04:36 am

Hello there and welcome to the forum Very Happy
Epiales
Epiales
Tophat

Number of posts : 153
Transforms into : ZGMF-X47S Faith Gundam
Registration date : 2011-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 11/03/13, 11:35 am

Mostly we have gaming stalls, or like collectables and NZ stores ... I'm not sure if any of them are Australian, but I wouldn't be surprised Razz
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By HeavensForge. 11/03/13, 12:13 pm

That's good (for me, muahaha!)
I think I am getting a little ahead of myself but just can't wait to get around and make this stuff and its sister products available to everyone!
HeavensForge
HeavensForge
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content