Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi! c:

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Hi! c:
Post By Kuri. 26/01/13, 08:04 am

Hello there. It's a pleasure to meet you all. :) My name is Claudia. I'm just one of the many otakus scattered throughout Auckland. I actually came to your annual Cosplay Picnic Event today, just to see what it was like, and I heard of this site. So now I'm here! =D I'm fourteen years old (or at least, fourteen in a month or so), though age is really just a number in my humble opinion. I generally watch anything and everything, though my favorite genre of anime is psychological/suspense thrillers. c: I'm also learning how to sew. It's my goal to someday be able to make myself my own cosplay of Princess Mononoke. *o*
Anyhow I actually don't have any friends. I'm home-schooled and I got bullied a lot back at my time in school, so I hope to meet some nice people here with similar interests. ^.^ I'm glad I discovered this site, it's great to know New Zealand has a good anime fanbase. Very Happy Again, it's a pleasure to meet you all! Expect to see me around here more. :)

~Kuri
Kuri
Kuri
Soldier A

Number of posts : 10
Transforms into : Pikachu
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Hi! c: Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Hi! c:
Post By Koemix. 28/01/13, 02:15 am

Welcome to the forum! C:
I know what its like to be bullied and i can assure you we're a friendly bunch hehe
Youre always welcome to come hangout with my group at conventions if youre headed to any~
Best of luck making your princess mononoke cos ^^

-koe
Koemix
Koemix
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 592
Transforms into : idek at this point
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post By Kuri. 28/01/13, 04:29 am

Thank you for the warm welcome! ^.^ I've been lurking around the forums, can't wait to join in haha. Very Happy Everybody seems very friendly here.
Ah thank you, I'd love that sometime if it's no trouble on you! *o* Epic Avengers cosplay, by the way. =3
Thanks. Very Happy
Kuri
Kuri
Soldier A

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 28/01/13, 10:38 am

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll make heaps of friends here, we're all pretty friendly Razz

Official Auckland events aren't for months though unfortunately ): CHCH and Dunedin are up next! Razz
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By Kuri. 28/01/13, 10:58 am

Ah yes, unfortunately Auckland doesn't have many events regarding cosplay. ashamed Thank you for the warm welcome though! Very Happy
Kuri
Kuri
Soldier A

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 28/01/13, 11:59 am

Neither does Wellington, haha Razz Armageddon once a year xD Just means you enjoy it more when it comes around xDD

What anime series do you watch and have you cosplayed yet/thought about who you want to cosplay? Very Happy
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Kuri. 28/01/13, 12:11 pm

Ah, right, you wouldn't have Overload. ;.; Though you're right. Guess it becomes a special luxury. (Though look at the Americans...20 cons a year in every state. xD)

I watch anything, nor do I have a particular favorite. xD ;~; As for Cosplay I've never cosplayed before, though I'm learning to sew and I have accomplished sewing a straight line which is a pretty happy achievement for me. Very Happy xD Hope to one day go as Princess Mononoke or Sayaka from Madoka Magica. :p
How about you? What kind of series do you get into? (Nice cosplay in your pic by the way. o:)
Kuri
Kuri
Soldier A

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 28/01/13, 02:59 pm

Well what stuff have you watched then? Razz

Are you teaching yourself to sew? It's always fun learning sew Very Happy It's also fun learning advanced sewing techniques xD I'm currently doing a patten making course and it's really fun xD

And thanks Very Happy. I won best in show at Christchurch Armageddon last year with it, so that's like my main achievement of last year, lol. Sometimes I feel like I'm back at the stage of learning to sew xDD

I mainly prefer anime with a serious plot line, lol. My favourites are D.Gray-Man, Eureka Seven, Code Geass, etc. They are all pretty serious xDD. I've been trying to get through my back log of anime recently, so I just finished Princess Tutu, Another and currently nearly finished InuXBoku SS.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Kuri. 28/01/13, 04:20 pm

Madoka Magica, Death Note, Wolf's Rain, Ghost Hound, Eden of the East and Mushishi to name a few. I hope to watch Akira soon, have heard so many great things about that one but I've pitifully never gotten around to watching it, along with Kara no Kyoukai. *o* Sword of the stranger is meant to be good too, with really detailed sword fights. Blargh, I have too many series I need to watch. ;~;

That sounds fun! Very Happy Yeah I'm teaching myself. Best to just learn from trial and error, and more error, and youtube tutorials when you can't figure it out for yourself~ xD It seems an awesome skill to learn though.

Oh congratulations! ^.^ That's great! You must feel proud when you finish making a cosplay, but winning something for it would just be the most epic feeling. Very Happy

Ah same. Very Happy Never seen Eureka Seven, heard good things about the series though. Backlogs get filled up so quick, though that's the good thing about anime. You never run out of something to watch. xD
Kuri
Kuri
Soldier A

Back to top Go down

Post By tashamanx1. 29/01/13, 03:41 am

WEEEELCOME!!!!!!! i turned 14 recently and i think you will find some great friends here!!!! theres a lot of people who will have the same interests as you so find those people and youll do fine Very Happy haaaaaaaaaaaaave fun on the forums!!!!!!!!
tashamanx1
tashamanx1
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 506
Transforms into : Kim Jongin (Kai)'s wife......oh wait.... i already am XD
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post By Koemix. 29/01/13, 04:42 am

Kuri wrote:
Thank you for the warm welcome! ^.^ I've been lurking around the forums, can't wait to join in haha. Very Happy Everybody seems very friendly here.
Ah thank you, I'd love that sometime if it's no trouble on you! *o* Epic Avengers cosplay, by the way. =3
Thanks. Very Happy
You're welcome u w u
Of course it's no trouble! its always fun to hangout with people at conventions~ c:
Thank you!
Koemix
Koemix
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 592
Transforms into : idek at this point
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post By Kuri. 29/01/13, 07:45 am

@Tasha - Thank you!! Pikachu Everybody is so nice here. ^.^ I'm not so nervous now. xD Thank you though, really! Very Happy

@Koemix - Thanks, really. <3 That means a lot to me. =3

Do you mind if I friend-request you all? If that's okay. sweatdrop
Kuri
Kuri
Soldier A

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 29/01/13, 10:01 am

Eden of the East and Mushishi are really awesome, hehe. And yeah, I have a massive backlog too, I don't think I'll ever be able to watch all the anime that I actually have, lol. Eureka Seven is amazing =w= The sequel came out last year, even though the original came out in like 2005-2007, or something. So it was nice to come back to one of my favourites in a way Very Happy.

And sure you can send a friend request Razz I don't think I've ever used that function of CNZ before, lol.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By mindHoney. 29/01/13, 01:41 pm

Nice to meet you Claudia! I hope you like it here at the forums. I went to the cosplay picnic too along with my friend but I was a bit shy so us two just went around climbing trees all day ^_^;
mindHoney
mindHoney
seXAH <3

Number of posts : 93
Transforms into : your otp
Registration date : 2012-06-09

Back to top Go down
http://ookiemouth.tumblr.com

Post By chiken_skratch. 30/01/13, 03:21 am

Welcome!! Everybody on CNZ is ridiculously nice (almost to the point where it's suffocating) so there is no fear of bullying or anything like that here.
Enjoy your stay here and we all can't wait for you to wip out your first cosplay!!
chiken_skratch
chiken_skratch
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 606
Transforms into : somebody more useful
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down
http://cosplayfromskratch.deviantart.com

Post By Ve~Vodka. 30/01/13, 03:23 am

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME! Very Happy I'm Ri, its nice to meet you! I'm in Queenstown so there isn't anything at ALL down here. sad Anyway! I was bullied into moving schools, but don't let it get you down! Here we are all friends! :) I hope to see you!
Ve~Vodka
Ve~Vodka
Soldier A

Number of posts : 6
Transforms into : Fem!Italy and 2P!Fem!Italy
Registration date : 2013-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post By Kuri. 31/01/13, 04:47 am

Ah, thank you. :) That's good to know. It's nice to meet all of you. Very Happy I'll see you all around the forums!
Kuri
Kuri
Soldier A

Back to top Go down

Post By monochromaticsky. 31/01/13, 10:57 am

Nice to meet you~Hope that you will have an awesome time on the site~We can be noobs together!
monochromaticsky
monochromaticsky
Le grande

Number of posts : 170
Transforms into : Tyki Mikk~
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/maylee.mclisky

Post By Cosplay69. 01/02/13, 07:33 am

Hey I saw you at the picnic! At least I think you were the girl asking about the cosplay community. I was the San from princess mononoke.

Welcome to CNZ cheers it's nice to have more cosplayers from the hibiscus coast on here
Cosplay69
Cosplay69
seXAH <3

Number of posts : 87
Transforms into : Nyuu!
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post By Kuri. 01/02/13, 08:57 am

Cosplay69 wrote:
Hey I saw you at the picnic! At least I think you were the girl asking about the cosplay community. I was the San from princess mononoke.

Welcome to CNZ cheers it's nice to have more cosplayers from the hibiscus coast on here

Yep, that was me. Hi! c: 352708 I was with my mum, being all shy and all. I remember seeing you! That was a great cosplay. cheers
Kuri
Kuri
Soldier A

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content