Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[PI's Sketchbook] It's time to C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-Cosplay!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: [PI's Sketchbook] It's time to C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-Cosplay!
Post By chiken_skratch. 07/03/13, 04:00 am

Holy crap that looks amazing Chonny!!! And god damn your legs are long lol. That riffle came out really well and that bright green really suits your skin tone. Seriously awesome!!
chiken_skratch
chiken_skratch
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 606
Transforms into : somebody more useful
Registration date : 2009-09-14

[PI's Sketchbook] It's time to C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-Cosplay! - Page 3 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://cosplayfromskratch.deviantart.com

Post By Hannah. 07/03/13, 01:18 pm

WOW looks so cool! i love the contrast of the colours too very effective~
and that gun,that is a niiice gun.
Hannah
Hannah
EVEN MORE EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 798
Transforms into : a shark yo
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post By Icarus. 08/03/13, 03:17 pm

FUUUUUUUUUUDGEEEEEE I can't really much more to that, I'm blown awayyyyy *A*
Icarus
Icarus
ACB King '10

Number of posts : 3485
Transforms into : a dancing octopus
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down
http://icarus-cos.tumblr.com/

Post By PIe. 08/03/13, 11:13 pm

chiken_skratch wrote:
Holy crap that looks amazing Chonny!!! And god damn your legs are long lol. That riffle came out really well and that bright green really suits your skin tone. Seriously awesome!!

Hannah wrote:
WOW looks so cool! i love the contrast of the colours too very effective~
and that gun,that is a niiice gun.

Icarus wrote:
FUUUUUUUUUUDGEEEEEE I can't really much more to that, I'm blown awayyyyy *A*

Ahhhhhhhh you guys, thank you so much. <3 <3 <3
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Number of posts : 2070
Transforms into : The Goddamn Batman
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down
http://Personified-Insanity.deviantart.com

Post By brunetteyes. 09/03/13, 11:13 am

That looks stunning! What did u use for boob support if you dont mind me asking?
brunetteyes
brunetteyes
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post By PIe. 10/03/13, 03:34 pm

brunetteyes wrote:
That looks stunning! What did u use for boob support if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks Very Happy
I pulled apart and sewed in a bra.
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By PIe. 15/03/13, 07:01 am

Updating with some pics from ChCh and what I've done since/a couple of wigs I never posted in here
Firstly, these are the 3 costumes I wore to geddon, at geddon
Spoiler:
It was really interesting to see the difference between NI and SI geddons but I enjoyed it and it was great to meet up with peeps.

Next is the wigs of two fabulous bastards, Hyobu Kyousuke and Hisoka
Spoiler:

And lastly what I'm working on on and off when I feel like sewing until I get my fabric for Ririchiyo and Kurapika for Hammy, Kaito's S1 outfit from Phi Brain.
Spoiler:
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By chiken_skratch. 15/03/13, 08:43 am

Geeze man, you need to stop being so fast at making cosplays, you're making me look bad, lol.
All three of your ChCh cosplays look beyond wicked, I was a bit confused at your black legs for your Morgiana, then I realised that it was most likely tights. Either that or you got a wicked tan on your les lol.
The red wig looks hilarious due to your webcam and I find it most amusing. And I also enjoy your spray painted leg, mine currently has some sand coloured paint on it, and I went to the gym without knowing about it, lol.
Now is that arm band the one I saw in your bedroom??? Or am I thinking of another armband, lol
chiken_skratch
chiken_skratch
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By PIe. 15/03/13, 08:51 am

chiken_skratch wrote:
Geeze man, you need to stop being so fast at making cosplays, you're making me look bad, lol.
All three of your ChCh cosplays look beyond wicked, I was a bit confused at your black legs for your Morgiana, then I realised that it was most likely tights. Either that or you got a wicked tan on your les lol.
The red wig looks hilarious due to your webcam and I find it most amusing. And I also enjoy your spray painted leg, mine currently has some sand coloured paint on it, and I went to the gym without knowing about it, lol.
Now is that arm band the one I saw in your bedroom??? Or am I thinking of another armband, lol

Na, I'm just making it too obvious that I literally have no life. You take on more ambitious projects than I do anyway.
Thanks, yeap, wore tights for all 3 costumes, not only would it have been too cold w/o them but it's a lot more comfortable to be wearing them than not in amongst crowds.
Hi-five for accidental leg paint!
The other one was too chunky, rushed, ugly and of course, broken cause I'm an idiot, this one's smaller, lighter and sexier, if magical armbands that can endanger your life by letting you use all of your brain can be sexy.
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By chiken_skratch. 15/03/13, 10:34 am

^ Lol, it's just cause there is nothing else to do atm, what with no school or jobs for either of us. Gives us lots fo free time to do pointless things like Yugioh, Leage of Legends and cosplay. You have to stop me from making thngs with ridiculous props!!! My bank account can't handle them anymore!!!
Ok, that makes lots of sense then, lol.
Ohk, this new one does look less chunky then the one before from what I can remember of it. I was still highly impressed in how you made the previous armband though
chiken_skratch
chiken_skratch
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By slinky. 15/03/13, 10:38 am

Quote :
My webcam can literally not handle the colour of this wig which is both hilarious and annoying.

no camera can handle Hisoka, period

I was literally just going to ask you on twitter what colour you opted for, since it changes like the friggen rainbow and I keep humming over which one to pick
slinky
slinky
Superman

Number of posts : 257
Transforms into : a spinning top
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post By PIe. 15/03/13, 11:03 am

slinky wrote:
Quote :
My webcam can literally not handle the colour of this wig which is both hilarious and annoying.

no camera can handle Hisoka, period

I was literally just going to ask you on twitter what colour you opted for, since it changes like the friggen rainbow and I keep humming over which one to pick

Can anything (except maybe Illumi) truly handle Hisoka though?
I literally rolled a dice, 1 was blue, 2 pink, 3 red, 4 orange and 5+6 were re-rolls, when I was trying to decide I was almost wishing I had stuck with just watching the 2011 anime so that I didn't have all these choices.

chikenskratch wrote:
^ Lol, it's just cause there is nothing else to do atm, what with no school or jobs for either of us. Gives us lots fo free time to do pointless things like Yugioh, Leage of Legends and cosplay. You have to stop me from making thngs with ridiculous props!!! My bank account can't handle them anymore!!!
Ok, that makes lots of sense then, lol.
Ohk, this new one does look less chunky then the one before from what I can remember of it. I was still highly impressed in how you made the previous armband though

Or watching 20 airing shows and using over 200GB a month.
STOP MAKING THINGS WITH GIANT PROPS does that help? Cosplay some card game or sports anime, cards and balls don't require any work at all.
It's about half...? the thickness and about 1/6th of the weight. This one doesn't have a hinge mechanism in it, just slides on and off and sits in position doing its thing.
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By chiken_skratch. 15/03/13, 11:58 am

Geeze, thats a lot of broadband. I pray to the internet god that you have an unlimited plan.
NO IT DOESN'T!!! All the cool things have big props, and I am better at making props than I am at sewing... Why can't I pick small things!!! Yeah, but I don't like any of the characters from card games and sports anime/manga. I like ninja's and death gods and fantasy characters, which generally have a big or complex prop, lol.
Oh man, the hinge was my favourite part!! But if it sits and stays where it is meant to then thats perfect too. Well done in redesigning it to be more efficient and weightless, that's not geberally an easy thing to do.
chiken_skratch
chiken_skratch
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By PIe. 26/03/13, 12:38 pm

I don't know if I should do an update as I haven't made an entire outift since but I feel like I should?
Last friday I was a living psycho pass spoiler after my wigs for Ham/Welly arrived shortly after I had watched the final subbed for the second time.
Spoiler:

And I am halfway towards my Hunter License first costume for Ham and Welly, Ririchiyo's skirt/hakama/thing has been started as well but not only is it mega short but it's being considered for a re-do (I don't mind showing a bit of ass but she doesn't) because it's relying on me losing a fair bit of weight at the length it it is..
Spoiler:

I plan to finish KP this week and give the task of Amon's sword (for my Alibaba cosplay at Welly) to dad as he's so keen to make another prop that I have to remind him daily that I'm the one who has to make Riri's staff thingy.
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By chiken_skratch. 27/03/13, 01:51 am

Make the hakama/skirt thing an inch of two longer, then lol. And nooo!!! If you start sewing Riri now, that means I have to get my a into gear and start sewing Soushi!!!! D:<
And both of the above cosplays look really really good. Fake blood is a tad on the pinkish/pulplish side, but it still looks really really good. And are those actually red contacts, or did you ps the red in, cause if they are contacts then they are amazing!!!
chiken_skratch
chiken_skratch
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By PIe. 03/05/13, 03:58 pm

Wow it's been ages since I updated this.
I'm no longer going to Welly due to monetary issues but on the cosplay front...
Kurapika got completely finished and had a shoot done
Spoiler:

And I have finished Kaito from Phi Brain and Alibaba from Magi
Spoiler:

Have begun working on a Scouting Legion uniform which will be used for both Armin and Hanji from Shingeki no Kyojin
Spoiler:

I've been working on Ririchiyo also, maybe 1/3rd of the way through? but I'd prefer to not post progress images of her and not have anyone except Courtney (my Soushi) see it until it's completely finished. Idk, I'm weird about this costume.
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By chiken_skratch. 07/05/13, 04:47 am

1/3rd?!?!?! I really need to move my butt then lmao. 1/3rd? Seriously? I'm a third of the way through my nine tails, and want to cry over the rest of his costume, Soushi's a Richard as far as I'm concerned. If you won't post progress shots of Riri, then I won't post an of Soushi, lol. Except for the tails, I'm gunna brag about the tails until my dying breath, haha
chiken_skratch
chiken_skratch
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By PIe. 04/06/13, 05:45 am

Da-da-daaa! Update time.

Okay so I skipped on WellyG but went to Hamilton.
Over the 2 days and a photoshott day on Fri I wore Kaito, Kurapika and Ririchiyo.
Kurapika was a dumb decision all and all because I decided that wearing his Yorkshin outfit as planned was a bad idea and spent all friday night making his exam outfit.
Courtney and I won best skit and open group in the comp on sunday (we were also the only skit and group but shhh)

A few progress pics of Ririchiyo. That staff is my baby, I am in love with it. The blade is made of the kind of plastic sheeting you use for roofs of outdoor entertainment area and was my first interaction with a jigsaw since high school. Might have taken 2 goes to cut it correctly.
Spoiler:

A couple of pictures from the Sunday, taken by Vanessa
Spoiler:
and a link to a video of our skit.

Kaito and Kurapika. Turns out I should really get a proper Kurapika wig. The blonde bob kinda works for Yorkshin but not at all for exam. He was meant to be a character I cosplayed once just because, I don't know how it's turned into this.
Spoiler:

Other progress includes my headphones for Aoba from DRAMAtical Murder. The actual part thar sits on your ear is made from a structure using pringles cans and lids from who knows what, they were lids that I put the polymer clay over to get in shape then baked. The headband part is exactly that, 2 head bands with gathered pink fabric sewed around a strip of craft foam and glued under the bottom most one.
Since the ear bits are completely hollow I decided to insert actual headphones into them. The quality isn't that spectacular and I will now have to hide cords while in the costume but it was worth it for the novelty of having working headphones.
There's a couple of LEDs in one ear and a plastic 'screen' with the song information copied from just before the OP in game. So I can make that light up if I want it too.
Everything else is just, paint, glue, more glue, some fabric stretched over craft foam and glued and then more glue.
Spoiler:
I've cut the fabric for his jacket and begun painting a watch for his coil also (I really want to put a voice box in Ren when I make him, so badly).

I've also maybe 4/5th completed HAYATO from UtaPri's jacket but I may have kinda spilled wine on the collar so he's drying from being vigorously washed, you'll see him in the next update which wont be that far away. Worst comes to worst, I just add more glitter to where I did it. This costume is the tackiest thing I have ever made. And yes, this is taking into account how tacky Aoba's design is as well.

Oh yeah, Scouting Legion jacket is a thing I have done and my 3DMG is like 1/3 done ahaha.
Spoiler:
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By PIe. 10/07/13, 12:41 pm

Welp I haven't updated this in forever. Um, god I've done a few shoots since this but on the making things front, not a lot more than making my 3DMG for Shingeki, most of Aoba's jacket and Haruka's outfit from the Free! ED.
I cheated a bit with my 3DMG blades/triggers and instead of cutting them out, used the hose attachments that allow you to spray the water as if from a water gun. Not accurate but they did the job, I'm going to re-do these though because that was lazy.
My sheaths were made out of plywood, glued and screwed together and the gas canisters out of 3 long, thin bottles cut and then stuck together, craft foam + wood, large bolts and spare peices from the hose attachments I used for my triggers.
The motor/fan was entirely a large, plastic jar, craft foam and wire. Definitely the easiest part of it all. Couple of pics from my Armin shoot with Nessa (who is great).
Spoiler:

We also did shoots for Kurapika, Alibaba and Ryoga which are under the majigger
Spoiler:

Aoba's jacket has taught me about 20 million things about making padded jackets I will probably never use again. Layering stuff to get it the right shape is about 12 of those things. They're also very difficult to move about a sewing machine past a certain point and sewing sleeves hasn't been that infuriating for around 3 years. I still need to sew the buttons on this and do fake pockets. Apart from the things pictured I've painted the base shoes for his boots but haven't gotten past that cause I was passing up sewing his costume to get through r:c.
Spoiler:

And last but not least I ended up making Haruka's Arabian outfit from the Free! ED. Everything was kinda standard things I've done before, the belt is just craft foam, layers of glue and paint to get a tarnished metal look. I went for near the end where he's been walking through the desert for ages so I got to give everything a bit of a go with sandpaper and stuff to rough it up. This was scary because I don't like doing bad things to stuff I've made and so dirtying it up and leaving some holes and frayed bits (sealed with fabric glue, I don't want anything to fray past where I already took it). Guh, I never wanted to cosplay from this show, I was determined no to, ahaha.
Spoiler:
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Icarus. 10/07/13, 01:21 pm

YOUR AOBA JACKET, DANGGGGGGGG
and you need to calm down cause holycow I can't believe you made Haruka already *A* CRAZY SPEED AND TALENT
Icarus
Icarus
ACB King '10

Back to top Go down

Post By PIe. 10/07/13, 01:50 pm

Icarus wrote:
and you need to calm down cause holycow I can't believe you made Haruka already *A* CRAZY SPEED AND TALENT
Dude I have stuff all talent, Haruka just kinda happened, I don't actually understand how I got him finished. I feel so inferior to most of you all.
I am proud of that jacket though, cropped jackets are a thing I for some reason am able to do really decently.
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Tails. 10/07/13, 06:06 pm

woah that Arabian outfit looks so awesome! It all sits so nicely on you.

(also I love your cute face in all these photos)
Tails
Tails
L

Number of posts : 3004
Transforms into : a Vulpix
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TailsCosplay

Post By PIe. 11/07/13, 02:09 am

Tails wrote:
woah that Arabian outfit looks so awesome! It all sits so nicely on you.

(also I love your cute face in all these photos)
Thanks!
(what cute face no)
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By chiken_skratch. 11/07/13, 06:05 am

urg, you awesomeness makes me feel bad that I've been procrastinating like a mofo, lol. Awesome work on everything so far!!
chiken_skratch
chiken_skratch
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By Icarus. 13/07/13, 06:47 am

PIe wrote:
Icarus wrote:
Dude I have stuff all talent, Haruka just kinda happened, I don't actually understand how I got him finished. I feel so inferior to most of you all.
I am proud of that jacket though, cropped jackets are a thing I for some reason am able to do really decently.
LIES, I think you're amazing I will fight you
Icarus
Icarus
ACB King '10

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

[PI's Sketchbook] It's time to C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-Cosplay!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosplay New Zealand :: Cosplay :: CNZ Sketchbooks-