Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

job offer for an Auckland cosplayer

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
job offer for an Auckland cosplayer
Post By Des. 05/11/11, 11:53 am

It's only a one-off thing, but I want the assistance of a cosplayer to help me out on the open day at my visual arts programme.

Basically I've been working on a design project that features anime culture. It's in the form of a brochure set that is meant to be handed out as flyers do, and I figure.. what better way to do it than have a cosplayer hand them out? (pics of them can be seen at the bottom of this post)

That said, I'm willing to pay a cosplayer $120 for a couple hours work of handing these flyers out at my visual arts school. You don't have to stand in one spot as you do this, you're free to wander around the premises and look at the other artworks on showcase.

The open day is on the 12th of November (exactly a week from now), and starts at 5pm until... um, I'm not toooo sure yet, but I'll get those details on Monday when I set my work up for examination. And it'll be in Manukau (it's actually a University of Auckland programme, but it's hosted at the MIT campus).

In regards to what I'm looking for from a cosplayer.. I don't want to sound too particular about it, but there are a few things I'd prefer.

1. You should have a good personality about it. Smile, be nice and stuff. The reason I want a cosplayer to hand out my work is because I want their image to represent the vibrancy of this colourful culture. I don't want any deadpan moods affecting that

2. A colourful costume is preferred, though it might not matter if your costume looks fantastic.

3. I prefer the cosplayer to be female. Nothing against the guys, you're awesome, but (to a stranger) a girl in a funny costume is a lot more approachable than a dude in a funny costume.

4. I can provide transport. That said, where you live might have an impact on my choice. I live on the southern outskirts of Auckland, so if you're way up north it might be better for me to choose someone closer. However, if you don't mind being picked up/dropped off at city central, it might make things easier for everyone.

I think that's about it.. If you're keen, please let me know. Many thanks.

pics:
job offer for an Auckland cosplayer Anime01

job offer for an Auckland cosplayer Anime02

job offer for an Auckland cosplayer Anime03

Last edited by Des on 05/11/11, 04:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Des
Des
Unexplanatory

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2011-01-05

job offer for an Auckland cosplayer Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: job offer for an Auckland cosplayer
Post By Tamoo. 05/11/11, 03:22 pm

Sent you a PM :)
Tamoo
Tamoo
Supermod

Number of posts : 4525
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post By Des. 05/11/11, 04:43 pm

Thanks Tamoo, and the others who have sent me a PM. It's much appreciated :)

I think it's great that some of you provided images as well. If any cosplayer is interested in the job, it would be fantastic if you could provide a few photos of your past cosplays as well as what you would prefer to wear at the open day.

Thanks again guys.

Oh, and I probably won't make my decision until the middle of this week, so you guys don't have to worry about the job being taken before then.
Des
Des
Unexplanatory

Back to top Go down

Post By Des. 07/11/11, 09:55 am

Sorry, I got the times wrong. It's 10am - 4pm. I was WAY off lol..

Date: 12-11-11 (Saturday).

Z Block, Gate 18
50 Lovegrove Crescent, Otara

Tried to keep the poster from getting creased by the wind. Failed dismally.

job offer for an Auckland cosplayer Au3

job offer for an Auckland cosplayer Au2
Des
Des
Unexplanatory

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content