Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sugguestion that may make sense!!!

Go to page : 1, 2  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Post By Father Nightroad. 08/08/10, 03:41 pm

I would like to sugguest that there are more adult mods on the forum s the mods on here as I he noticed are all in their teens and I believe that adults would be better abe to police the older members and they would be able to help curb the drama that goes on in the forum.... in the rants section in particular. This is in no way a shot at how the current mods do their job (they do a damn sight better than alot of mods I have seen *trust me.... I've been around LOL*).

I can say that this has been though of and has been in discussion with Tippo and I believe that a few other members would be in with us that some sections of the forum need an adult presence and that this would help curb the notable increase in some inappropriate comments such as the constant moaning of when relationships go crazy. Trust me... we all have bad relationships one time or another but we don't need the constant DRAMA!!!!

Thankyou for reading and I hope you will consider mu sugguestion.
Father Nightroad
Father Nightroad
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 617
Transforms into : MASTER CHIEF!!!!!..... or tres depending on how badass I wanna be.
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Sugguestion that may make sense!!! Vide
Back to top Go down
http://arthas1011.deviantart.com/

Re: Sugguestion that may make sense!!!
Post By Pura. 08/08/10, 03:46 pm

JPWise is a mod and he's 29, or something similar.

Plus, I do believe a lot of the mods are VERY mature (or atleast very mature when the have to be). Plus, most of them are over 18, which is legally adult.

To me, it's more the members just need a grow up a little (I'm not saying everyone is immature or anything, or anyone in particular is), rather than have older mods. It's a forum full of teenagers, it's kinda given.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By seraphik. 08/08/10, 03:47 pm

although i am guilty of still being a teen, i do turn 20 in a few months. we do have j.p. who is a great mod, and an 'adult'-- however, i suppose your suggestion hinges on what you classify as an adult. as far as maturity goes, i've often found that age is merely a number and holds no true bearing to how childish or how adult you act, so there must be specific qualities you're looking for in a mod that we lack.

if you could elaborate as to what we're doing wrong and how we could better our service to the community, we would be pleased to hear it! <3

Last edited by seraphik on 08/08/10, 03:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
seraphik
seraphik
transient mod of fury

Number of posts : 4598
Transforms into : a post-graduate
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post By creature124. 08/08/10, 03:48 pm

Excuse me while I sit here and laugh at you.

Around half the mods are 19/20, and it just don't get much older than that around here. And the other half are in no way lacking in their youth.

Your suggestion, in fact, makes no sense at all.
creature124
creature124
Winner of the Keen Designer Award

Number of posts : 1948
Transforms into : Trollmon
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post By Duckeh. 08/08/10, 03:51 pm

Hey, why don't we get rid of the rants section all together?

Honestly, no matter what we do and regardless of the age of the person it comes from we have to be careful that we aren't surpressing too many things and that we won't get backlash from the members, which we have done from similar issues. Not that I disagree, a few of the rants are irritating.

People who are looking to cause drama will cause it. If it is not pointed out to a mod, regardless of age they can do nothing about it. Believe it or not we are not omnipresent.

When picking new mods we consider a lot of things, and to be honest the thought of needing new mods hasn't occured to us recently. There has been no real strain with the workload.

I personally don't think what you're suggesting will fix your problem, but I'm speaking for myself.

Edit:

Greg, please don't make comments that just smell of antagonism. He's making a suggestion for the forum, not offending us. If I think of it from a certain view, what he is saying could make sense... But from my experience, it wouldn't work.

Last edited by Duckeh on 08/08/10, 03:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Duckeh
Duckeh
GOD of all things EPIC

Number of posts : 6842
Transforms into : YO BUTT.
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down
http://www.duckeh.com

Post By JVCA. 08/08/10, 03:53 pm

Age ≠ Maturity - those who are on our mod squad are of as great (or greater) maturity as the majority of our older members. I do understand the point that you're trying to make, but I don't see it as being relevant in this context.

As for 'the constant drama' - please, tell me; where is this mythical drama? I see flare ups of it once every couple of months or so (it's been worse in the past, but it's been pretty good this year), but beyond that, I can't see it. B| It's certainly not as constant as people make it out to be.

Ultimately; you're always going to have clashes of personalities in any kind of coming together of people, and truthfully? We're forum moderators, not mediators. Our job is to keep the drama off here; beyond that, it's not our responsibility and it's up to the people involved to sort it out. Especially with the older members, we expect people to behave like mature adults and sort out their differences by themselves.

Beyond that? Believe it or not, this is a youth-based community, and our mods are generally in the middle of our age group (13-30). Really, this is the best place for us to be; if your mods are too much older, they won't be able to relate to the younger members as well. If your mods are younger, they generally aren't able to maturely deal with situations. Having said that, Admin may only be 15, but he's one of the most mature people I know - including those who are 20+. Age is only a number.

I'll put it into perspective for you: if I didn't have my age in that little box to the right, would you know I was 19? If it'd make you more comfortable, we can ask our mods not to display their ages. It's the same thing, right?
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Number of posts : 7122
Transforms into : a crotchety old woman
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down
http://www.jvca.net.nz

Post By Mischa. 08/08/10, 03:56 pm

I'm a DECADE or so older then most of the mods and I am childish, often lewd and argumentative....do we REAALLY want a forum where seniority rules and I'm lording it over you? NO

They do a fine job and I have no idea where you are coming from.
Mischa
Mischa
HOT DIGGITY DOG

Number of posts : 1045
Transforms into : GRIMDARK
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Back to top Go down
http://www.doublestitch.co.nz

Post By Guest. 08/08/10, 03:58 pm

Eh? There's like, no Drama here?

Plus, the mods so a brilliant job of sorting things out when there is. I don't see the need for any changes. They do a fine job, and should be appreciated more C:.

Stay cool, kids.

Back to top Go down

Post By Tamoo. 08/08/10, 04:00 pm

I'm sure the people above me have said all I wanted to say.

We are in no means trying to push you down, its great that you have concerns for this community, but try to see the bigger picture - Would having more adult-aged moderators really help? As JVCA had put it, age does not equal to maturity.

I admit I can be silly at times and being the second youngest on the admin group may seem 'childish' of me, but I never let it invade my duty as a mod.

What age were you looking at anyways? =P

Last edited by Tammy on 08/08/10, 04:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tamoo
Tamoo
Supermod

Number of posts : 4525

Back to top Go down

Post By Static. 08/08/10, 04:02 pm

Father Nightroad: what age would you call "adult"? The mods currently cover the mid range of most of the members of this forum, which I think is the fairest way to do it, if you want to get hun up on numbers and years. I'm older than most of them and would be a terrible mod! They are all fair, mature and do a damn good job at containing and diffusing darmu when it occurs, which isn't actually all that often.

When you talk about "an adult presence" - what do you actually mean?
Static
Static
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3584
Transforms into : HULKSMASH
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down
http://www.little-noise.com

Post By Father Nightroad. 08/08/10, 04:44 pm

adult meaning someone around 21is may be oldert that can effectively snip out the drama's and i dunno if you would make a terrible mod having not seen your group leadership style
Father Nightroad
Father Nightroad
EPICLY EPIC

Transforms into : MASTER CHIEF!!!!!..... or tres depending on how badass I wanna be.

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 08/08/10, 04:45 pm

We have JP though?

Back to top Go down

Post By Duckeh. 08/08/10, 04:48 pm

Father Nightroad wrote:
adult meaning someone around 21is may be oldert that can effectively snip out the drama's and i dunno if you would make a terrible mod having not seen your group leadership style
And now I take offense.

If it is about 'group leadership style' and doing it adequately, it should just be about that.

I repeat, we can not quell things when they are not mentioned to us. A lot of the mods are 21ish. They are wonderful at what they do and you are being offensive in ignoring that they are already what you want.

Tammy, admin & I are the youngest. So 15, 17 & 18, then it goes up to JP.
Duckeh
Duckeh
GOD of all things EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By LintuwolfWiing. 08/08/10, 04:49 pm

Do you mean how sometime older members on forums don't listen to mods because they're so much younger them them?

Shawn
LintuwolfWiing
LintuwolfWiing
paoupu fruit

Number of posts : 458
Transforms into : not Edward Cullen >.<
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down
http://rasmuswings.deviantart.com/

Post By Tamoo. 08/08/10, 04:50 pm

Father Nightroad, please read our replies.

Age does not equal maturity. I have no idea what you are trying to get across with 'group leadership style'.
Tamoo
Tamoo
Supermod

Number of posts : 4525

Back to top Go down

Post By creature124. 08/08/10, 04:50 pm

Father Nightroad wrote:

Oh snap, you've stepped in it now.

Pray tell, what is the difference between a 19 year old and a 21 year old? What is gained in that time that enhances their drama (what drama?) snipping skills?
creature124
creature124

Back to top Go down

Post By Selphiroth. 08/08/10, 04:51 pm

The only way to stop the drama by the iron fists of the moderators is by banning posting by everyone except the mods. Then the drama is entirely the mods' fault. Otherwise, you are not suggesting that 21 year old mods can mind control what other people do or don't post now can you.
Selphiroth
Selphiroth
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 552
Transforms into : Swiss army knife with a flash light
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 08/08/10, 04:51 pm

/shrug. Riven is 21, JP is 30, Seraphik, Rowan and I will all be 21 in a year's time, give or take a few months depending on the individual.
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Number of posts : 7122
Transforms into : a crotchety old woman
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down
http://www.jvca.net.nz

Post By sakuramiyabi. 08/08/10, 04:52 pm

Snipping out the drama out of this community utterly and completely is an impossibility. Where there are humans, there will be drama. And while all has been said (age =/= level of maturity e.g. even when Admin was 12 he was exceedingly mature for his age, etc.)

I hesitate to ask but have you ever been a moderator of a forum, small or big, especially of this age group. Please do keep in mind a large portion of our users here are largely teenagers (i.e. between 12 to 20). The moderators have been keeping this forum going since it started in late 2007 and they have done so pretty well. Sure we all have our differences but as I said before where there are humans there will be drama. There will be conflict and no matter how one can try its an exceedingly hard task if not impossible to snip out ALL the drama.

Please rethink your statement before posting.
sakuramiyabi
sakuramiyabi
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3941
Transforms into : Melted pool of something
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Back to top Go down
http://sakuramiyabi019.deviantart.com

Post By Keysha-chan. 08/08/10, 04:55 pm

I'm 26. Does not make me mature. Far from it I'm less mature than some of the younger members.

JVCA said it best, pretty much.

Perhaps the mods should all remove their ages because I'm sure no one would pick up on their ages (prior to knowing them already).

Plus, remember that in New Zealand we are technically regarded as Adults once we hit 18.
Keysha-chan
Keysha-chan
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down
http://www.Keysha-chan.deviantart.com

Post By Father Nightroad. 08/08/10, 05:17 pm

I sincerely apologise if I have caused flaming as my intention was merely to pass on the collective sugguestion of tippo and myself. I am not discriminatin people who are younger han myself except that I know from experience that leaders of a roughly equal age to those being led are usually more likely to see those peoples as a friend rather as someone who is there to be respected. Again I apologie for any indirect discrimination and I am actually aware of the fact that when we reach 18 we are LEGALLY considered as adults however the govnment will not see you as a full adult until the age of 25. This is not me trying to take leadership.... to tell you the truth my leadership would be more like the worst of he mods I have had the opportunity to meet.

Maybe trashing the rants section would be best? I don't know. I have only hear of a few stories in that particular section and as I stated earlier this is a collective sugguestion by both Tippo and myself. it was my full intention to remain as neutral as possible on this mattr as neutrality minimises rash descisons and and possible outbursts to the minumum. Please also not I have not called any person, mod or otherwise, immature and that I meant all of this in the most constructive way possible. I did not expect everyone, if anyone, to like the idea. Merely that some persons actions either in person or on this forum could possibly tarnish the name of CNZ and the good reputation we have with those who know both about us and what we do.

Заканчивающий отец Найтроад
Father Nightroad
Father Nightroad
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By Duckeh. 08/08/10, 05:21 pm

What I am confused and offended about is that the majority of our mods meet your description. Read JVCA's post.

We do not need to be put on a pedestal. We are here to make sure things run smoothly? So sue us if we have friends, there are other mods there for them to respect. We should be able to be reachable and likeable. It builds a nice community on which you don't need to rule with an iron fist.

Edited a billion times, maybe.
Duckeh
Duckeh
GOD of all things EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By creature124. 08/08/10, 05:27 pm

Protip dood: You don't like drama, right? Well snap, you gone dun goofed, because I back traced it you are creating some right here, in this thread. Consequences will never be the same.

You start a thread in which you suggest that the current moderators are not good enough due to faulty reasoning and misperceived problem. By doing so, you have created the problem you are trying to solve.

Nice work.
creature124
creature124

Back to top Go down

Post By Duckeh. 08/08/10, 05:30 pm

Greg, really? You newfag. Ily, but not helping.

Some of us are really trying to understand his/their reasoning.
Duckeh
Duckeh
GOD of all things EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By Father Nightroad. 08/08/10, 05:42 pm

I have merely made the sugguestion. I have also stated I am not faulting anyone for having friends, far from it actually. What you may be seeing as aroogance is actually me trying to be constructive and as I have said I am neutral to all these attempts at flaming. I have had comments from tippo that some of the activities we do might be best kept within some age groups due to some of the apparent questionable conduct at some meet ups.

As I have not been to most of these sad events I cannot say for myself. If you wish to contact Tippo for more information regarding the apparent questionable conduct by, apparently, younger members hanging with the older members then I would welcome you to do so as I am merely passing on the sugguestion.

Whether you take the idea further is completely up to you now. I sincerely wish you all a pleasent evening and would appreciate you NOT treating me like an usurper trying to takeover.
Father Nightroad
Father Nightroad
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next