Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

generic introduction message #3042-F

Go to page : Previous  1, 2
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: generic introduction message #3042-F
Post By Rowan. 19/01/10, 10:29 am

WILD ADAPTER <3 /squishes Tokito and Kubo-chan to chest

Omigosh, someone else who know what it is! It's one of my fav manga as well (Saiyuki is my absolute fav Very Happy)

Also, Welcome to CNZ Very Happy
Rowan
Rowan
LEVEL UP!

Number of posts : 1257
Transforms into : A free, free bird.
Registration date : 2008-01-02

generic introduction message #3042-F - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://ladyarbuthnott.deviantart.com

Post By azeria. 19/01/10, 10:46 am

^I really need to read Wild Adapter, I lo~ve Minekura's art <3
azeria
azeria
ACB Queen '10

Number of posts : 3226
Transforms into : Rinatron
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down
http://azeriacosplay.tumblr.com/

Post By Lowkey. 19/01/10, 10:53 am

azeria wrote:
I knoooww ;;__;;
It's my favourite out of all of them~ Really need to finish getting Reload too >__> Especially since volume 6 ended at a very OMG =O moment orz;;
Definitely. Take all the most intense moments from the most intense arc in Saiyuki and you have a rough guide for the intensity of just a single chapter of Gaiden. Do love Kami-sama arc and that moment in is it volume four? where Sanzo comes back all bleeding and fires a single shot into the air, though. /nosebleed.
JVCA wrote:
Not in your case, specifically, because by now there has been plenty of warning. generic introduction message #3042-F - Page 2 65988 We're doing an excellent job of hashing out a good case for anyone ELSE on CNZ though...
Discrimination! I come prepared and where does it get me, worse off than if I had blundered in without a word of legal advice! Absolutely shocking.

Rowan wrote:
WILD ADAPTER <3 /squishes Tokito and Kubo-chan to chest

Omigosh, someone else who know what it is! It's one of my fav manga as well (Saiyuki is my absolute fav Very Happy)

Also, Welcome to CNZ Very Happy
After Kubo-chan all other characters, Saiyuki crews not withstanding, are cardboard. Nothing else even matters any more except when people write him badly in fanfiction and vengeance for this desecration because suddenly very tempting. Might be just me though. Have you read/watched the Araiso Private Highschool Executive Committee stuff? Fandom within a fandom, man.
Lowkey
Lowkey
Ultimatum

Number of posts : 233
Transforms into : wolf-rayet star
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 19/01/10, 11:09 am

The moral of the story? Lawyers are overrated.
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Number of posts : 7122
Transforms into : a crotchety old woman
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down
http://www.jvca.net.nz

Post By Highlander. 19/01/10, 12:45 pm

An R. Then I shall bring you lots of patients. Here, here is a 70 y.o. drunk woman. IDK whats wrong with her, but it's your problem now. PS. she spits.

Oh, and welcome.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Number of posts : 4033
Transforms into : This stylish saffron shirt.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down
http://skydrive.live.com/#cid=23D41AFD1F51E1F4

Post By Rowan. 20/01/10, 01:05 pm

I have a very crappy scan of the manga, and I've watched both OVAs - so fanservice-y <3 Ikr, what other author has an official High School AU of their series? Have you watched the Bus Gamer OVAs/manga? There isn't much, but it's really good. I hope she continues it someday.

Yessss, I love her characters sooo much - they're so complex and compelling. And she packs so much emotion and character building into her storylines. People seem to complain because of how stretched out her storylines are, but they obviously aren't paying attention to all that's happening within the arcs! I've never read/seen another author or story that has such character building and development. I love (or love to hate) the large majority of her characters. I'm never disappointed with where she leads her characters/stories like I am with other series.

And her art is gorgeous <3

Haha, my first cosplay was of Sanzo, and I've also cosplayed Ni Jianyi Very Happy

Also, I don't like the anime D: What do you think of it? (Although I did like the movie)
Rowan
Rowan
LEVEL UP!

Number of posts : 1257
Transforms into : A free, free bird.
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down
http://ladyarbuthnott.deviantart.com

Post By Lowkey. 21/01/10, 10:01 am

JVCA wrote:
Insert my dead mother / sibling / best friend is a lawyer here.

But that would be libel.

Highlander wrote:
An R. Then I shall bring you lots of patients. Here, here is a 70 y.o. drunk woman. IDK whats wrong with her, but it's your problem now. PS. she spits.

Oh, and welcome.
When I say emergency doctor I mean getting out of the country and into aid work as soon as I complete the extra is it five years of speciality training even after general medicine. But I'll deal with her in six/seven years when I get out of school.
Rowan wrote:
uot;]I have a very crappy scan of the manga, and I've watched both OVAs - so fanservice-y <3 Ikr, what other author has an official High School AU of their series? Have you watched the Bus Gamer OVAs/manga? There isn't much, but it's really good. I hope she continues it someday.

Yessss, I love her characters sooo much - they're so complex and compelling. And she packs so much emotion and character building into her storylines. People seem to complain because of how stretched out her storylines are, but they obviously aren't paying attention to all that's happening within the arcs! I've never read/seen another author or story that has such character building and development. I love (or love to hate) the large majority of her characters. I'm never disappointed with where she leads her characters/stories like I am with other series.

And her art is gorgeous <3

Haha, my first cosplay was of Sanzo, and I've also cosplayed Ni Jianyi Very Happy

Also, I don't like the anime D: What do you think of it? (Although I did like the movie)
I read a little of Bus Gamer but it never attracted me as much as her other work, for whatever reason - possibly the translation; I've been spoiled in most cases with official translations before some of the less talented fan scanlations. Highly amused by their playing the Saiyuki Gunlock fighter in the arcade - if anybody has Gunlock for the PS2 I will have their children for a glimpse of it.

Ni = single best villain ever written. It's one of the cool things about her work that her villains are... not so much villains as they just happen to be on the other side of the equation. Like Kougaiji and his being a better person than Sanzo. Although I suppose Sekiya and Sanada of Wild Adapter are a little more on the crooked side - but Ochamu on the other hand isn't. Just watched the Yakumo arc in Gunlock and... well, yeah. "I'd kill you," is not something most heroes would say but Saiyuki is so wonderfully grey. Only Li-Touten is 100% impossible to like, s'far as I'm concerned. (Nataku. T____T)

-- and yeah, I agree, most of the anime isn't wonderful. The original series and especially Hamura's arc are alright, but Reload and Gunlock are more crack than storytelling and 90% of the non canon plots are just bad, right? And when Reload tries to recover from the original series departing from canon after the desert demon arc... not really. But I could ramble on about Saiyuki and WA for literally hours. <___<
Lowkey
Lowkey
Ultimatum

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 21/01/10, 02:03 pm

Ithurial wrote:
JVCA wrote:

Insert "your dead mother / sibling / best friend is a lawyer here" into what...? Lol, I'm not normally much of a grammar nazi, but originally just read "Insert my dead mother" and was slightly confused before rereading it. XD

Grammar is the difference between "Let's eat Grandma!" and "Let's eat, Grandma!" <--- I love that quote.
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By Admin. 21/01/10, 03:32 pm

JVCA wrote:
Ithurial wrote:
JVCA wrote:

Insert "your dead mother / sibling / best friend is a lawyer here" into what...? Lol, I'm not normally much of a grammar nazi, but originally just read "Insert my dead mother" and was slightly confused before rereading it. XD

Grammar is the difference between "Let's eat Grandma!" and "Let's eat, Grandma!" <--- I love that quote.

That reminds me of the capitalization one, which uh, is not really appropriate. 8D;

Welcome, by the way, Ithurial. xD
Admin
Admin
Winner of the Golden Gun Award

Number of posts : 2982
Transforms into : yo mama.
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down
http://authenticsowilo.deviantart.com/

Post By Guest. 21/01/10, 04:08 pm

YO! Don't think you've met a 12-year-old-who-is-actually-13 yet, so I'll just pop in and say welcome~

Welcome~

We're basically harmless over the internet, bring your lawyer with you when meeting with us in real life. That's all the warning I will give. ^"^

Have fun on CNZ!~

Back to top Go down

Post By azeria. 21/01/10, 04:58 pm

Rowan wrote:

I saw the anime first so I actually like it XD Though after reading the manga, the whole 'banishing gun' is a little lame.
I love the fake Sanzo episodes though. Best filler ever XDD And was also really surprised that Homura was an anime only arc. I really liked that too.
azeria
azeria
ACB Queen '10

Number of posts : 3226
Transforms into : Rinatron
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down
http://azeriacosplay.tumblr.com/

Post By Lowkey. 22/01/10, 02:42 am

JVCA wrote:
Ithurial wrote:
JVCA wrote:

I suppose going with neither when I couldn't decide between A) Instert "my dead mother / sibling / best friend is a lawyer", B) Insert guilt-trippy mention of dead mother / sibling / best friend who is a lawyer here, was not the best idea ever conceived. <____< But I have bilingualism as my trump card for every spelling and grammar mistake I make, so nyah.

Moli wrote:
YO! Don't think you've met a 12-year-old-who-is-actually-13 yet, so I'll just pop in and say welcome~

Welcome~

We're basically harmless over the internet, bring your lawyer with you when meeting with us in real life. That's all the warning I will give. ^"^

Have fun on CNZ!~
In lieu of convincing my lawyer to dress up and prance around with me, maybe I should cosplay a character with a big stick, one well-equipped for self-defence...? I'm sure I have a wooden practice katana somewhere.
Lowkey
Lowkey
Ultimatum

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 22/01/10, 02:55 am

Oooh, which other language do you speak? Very Happy
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By Lowkey. 22/01/10, 03:03 am

JVCA wrote:
Oooh, which other language do you speak? Very Happy

Dutch.

Most useful language ever. And actually so close to English grammatically that it doesn't qualify as an excuse, but you didn't hear that from me.
Lowkey
Lowkey
Ultimatum

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content