Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good period dramas?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Good period dramas?
Post By Le_Saboteur. 27/11/09, 05:39 am

Thornback wrote:

-The first season of the Tudors(because my mum had the boxset)

am considering Deadwood.

Let me know how The Tudors goes! I kind of want to watch it, it at least looks interesting. Also; Tamzin Merchant (Catherine Howard- the young wife of Henry- from Season 3 or 4, can't remember which) is also in the Game of Thrones pilot Very Happy If that show doesn't get picked up I am going to rage so hard.

Also; Deadwood is good. It's a pretty bleak show, though.
Le_Saboteur
Le_Saboteur
lucky*

Number of posts : 1202
Transforms into : The Mare in the Moon
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Good period dramas? - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Thornback. 27/11/09, 09:30 am

Tudors...sex, sex, sex, occasional reference to historical events, sex, sex, jousting, sex, sex, henry throws a hissy fit, sex.

basic plot for ya right there. The costumery is gorgeous, but if youre looking for in depth discussion and exploration of tudor-era politics, you're in the wrong place. Admittedly I have seen only the first three eps of the first season and bits and pieces of the others, but dont place too much hope upon this series. You will HATE Jonathan Rhys Meyers at the end of it. And in this series, Catherine howard is an air headed tramp. And too skinny besides. Anne of Cleeves is so much better in every way.

I've seen Deadwood down at the video store...may get it out, if you recommend it.

Thornback
LEVEL UP!

Number of posts : 1317
Transforms into : Sir Robins Minstrels(there was much rejoicing.)
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post By Mischa. 27/11/09, 09:57 am

The BBC version of Vanity Fair is AMAZING I have watched it so many times

The Dutchess was totally boring, very dissapointing. How they made such an interesting lady have such a dull movie is beyond me.

If You like dark Victorian I can recommend Fingersmith , Tipping the Velvet and Angels and Insects is amazing (and very shocking)

Angel is awesome too, if you don't want to murder the main character
Mischa
Mischa
HOT DIGGITY DOG

Number of posts : 1045
Transforms into : GRIMDARK
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Back to top Go down
http://www.doublestitch.co.nz

Post By Sponsored content.