Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hellsing: Dub Vs Sub

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Post By RainbowMoonDust. 30/09/09, 07:04 pm

I have just finished watching Hellsing, the dubbed english version which I only downloaded because I couldn't find the Japanese subtitled version at the time.

I loved it, it was awesome!
Hellsing: Dub Vs Sub 94682 It had blood, gore and hot vampires (REAL vampires that DON'T sparkle!), it was dark, creepy, twisted and gory, everything I love! Hellsing: Dub Vs Sub 3772 Hellsing: Dub Vs Sub 48404

Most of the voices were okay, with the exception of Seras, whose voice actor was terrible, but Alucard's voice was just amazing! So amazing that I have fallen in love with it, seriously I am not joking! Hellsing: Dub Vs Sub 3772 Hellsing: Dub Vs Sub 132820

In fact I just love Alucard himself, he is so dark, creepy, powerful, awesome and insane, not to mention hot and those guns, the clothes, what he can do, just wow!
Hellsing: Dub Vs Sub 3772

I still have the Ovas to watch, I have managed to find them in Japanese with english subtitles, along with the rest of the series, yep the same one I couldn't find before. Hellsing: Dub Vs Sub 37781 I am tempted to watch the series again from the start but this time in Japanese to see what the differences are and what the voice actors are like. But I want to continue watching the Ovas in english sub because I just love Alucard's voice so much! (Plus I've kind of gotten used to the dub now).

So what to do?
Hellsing: Dub Vs Sub 586737 I'm asking everyone here to give their opinions on the which is better, dub or sub? I would also like to know if the Japanese sub is worth watching or not, if it covers things that were maybe cut out in the english dub? So am I really missing out on anything by not watching the Japanese sub vesion, or not really?

Opinions please?!
But please no spoilers on the Ovas as I haven't seen those yet. Hellsing: Dub Vs Sub 309876
RainbowMoonDust
RainbowMoonDust
fraggle rock

Number of posts : 1480
Transforms into : Goddess of mischief
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Hellsing: Dub Vs Sub Vide
Back to top Go down
http://rainbowmoondust.livejournal.com/

Re: Hellsing: Dub Vs Sub
Post By Sonic Reducer. 01/10/09, 05:53 am

To be honest I really don't know why there ever was a sub V dub debate. To me, it's all relative to the show. and for the most part it really honestly does seem elitist rant.

Sure I get that it's japanese and being in original language some subtlies can be lost. But the same goes in reverse, western shows that import there are often dubbed over themselves. And to another extent why does it have to be in its original language to be more enjoyable, I'm sure I still wouldn't enjoy the bible if I read it in Hebrew.

Thats my rant, but really. Just listen to both, steam a clip on youtube so not to waste too much download cap if you have that and see what you prefer. If you enjoy the japanese more, well there you go.

I myself do enjoy the enlgish dub more, there are a few shows I enjoy the dubs more, Cowboy Bebop and even FMA (I'm sorry, I really stuggle with Al sounding so girly, and yes i know he's voiced by a female) to name a few, others I prefer to watch subbed, Death Note,Ghost in the shell to name a few on that side.

Also on a personel side, sometimes im just too tired and want to relax while watching something so I will watch it dubbed just to spare my eyes.
Sonic Reducer
Sonic Reducer
EVEN MORE EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 675
Transforms into : Your mother
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jesuschristpose

Post By Guest. 07/10/09, 02:25 am

Well I've heard both, and personally, because the voice acting suits the genre of anime it is, the dubbing works.

I don't think I could ever rate a dub higher than a sub unless it's dribble making dribble slightly better, and hellsing is a good show.

However... police girl sounds sooooo bad...

Yep, subs win. Nearly all the time anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosplay New Zealand :: Entertainment :: Anime & Manga-