Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SONS AND DOORTARS, WE R DISAPPOINT.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are you excited for Auckgeddon?
Yes *o*
SONS AND DOORTARS, WE R DISAPPOINT. Vote_lcap70%SONS AND DOORTARS, WE R DISAPPOINT. Vote_rcap
 70% [ 35 ]
No. ¬.¬
SONS AND DOORTARS, WE R DISAPPOINT. Vote_lcap8%SONS AND DOORTARS, WE R DISAPPOINT. Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
I can't go but I wish I was! T_T
SONS AND DOORTARS, WE R DISAPPOINT. Vote_lcap18%SONS AND DOORTARS, WE R DISAPPOINT. Vote_rcap
 18% [ 9 ]
Meh. Not excited, not going. >.>
SONS AND DOORTARS, WE R DISAPPOINT. Vote_lcap4%SONS AND DOORTARS, WE R DISAPPOINT. Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 50

MessageAuthor
SONS AND DOORTARS, WE R DISAPPOINT.
Post By JVCA. 30/09/09, 07:48 am

Jokes aside, there've been some rather serious accusations flying around in the last couple of days, and after some HARD CORE INVESTIGATIONS, we felt the need to clarify some things.

« ON RECENT TIMES »
An issue was raised about an incident that occurred between one member and another on the weekend prior. The issue was brought up in a public space without us being able to investigate things properly first.

However, we have now had a chance to investigate and with best interests at heart (the safety of our members) it is our opinion that the shenanigan has been blown largely out of proportion.

Whilst there may be more witnesses that we do not know of yet (and these people are more than welcome to come forward if they feel comfortable about it), from the interviews we've completed so far it appears that there was nothing sinister intended in what happened, and though alcohol was involved, it was in a group situation and the girl involved was not singled out for alcohol consumption as the original post implied. Similarly, the incident which made the girl feel uncomfortable - though one can understand very well how it made her feel uncomfortable - was also not as severe as the original post implied.

« ON THE PEOPLE INVOLVED »
The person in question has chosen to remove himself from these forums for the time being, though we as mods hold no issue should he choose to return and (in our opinion) neither should the very few of you who know of his identity. On this topic - we expect the very few of you who do know his identity (I will add here that we have not and will not disclose this information to anyone either) not to share this information: to do so is up to himself and the girl involved, no one else. nodnod

« ON THE OP'S INTENT »
We also want to point out to those involved that this incident was not brought up as a personal attack: the topic was intended by the OP to be a general warning of safety, not a witch hunt, and the only people whose identity the OP shared the male's identity with were we mods. This said, we do not want anything further said on this topic in the public forum: I think those involved have been hurt enough as is, so if you have anything further you want to express on this - please, just PM a mod. Smile

« ON SAFETY »
Safety is always our top priority here: we know very well (some of us, myself included, first hand) that being in costume makes us targets for 'unwanted attention', and with Auckland Armageddon, we figured now would be a fantastic time to deliver some top tips for staying safe!

• Look out for yourself - if someone/something is making you feel uncomfortable, then do something about it! Don't put up with inappropriate behaviour just to be polite. Make an excuse, even if it's really lame ("Oh, my cellphone's going off!" and walk away with a fake call), tack yourself onto some other people you recognise (or start talking to a stall holder), find someone official to go to (try heading for the front desk - people tend to behave better when they might get in trouble for misbehaving), or even just asking them to go away. Don't feel you should have to deal with it so as not to be rude.

• Look out for others - if you see someone who looks uncomfortable, even if you don't know them, check on them. Just ask "Hey, how's it going?", or "such and such panel is starting soon - did you want to go with me/us?". If they're not okay, chances are they'll take up the opportunity to escape - and if they are okay, they'll just decline and no harm done. Don't just drag anyone off though - you wouldn't want to drag them away if they really were enjoying it! Razz

• Don't put yourself in situations - it sounds silly, but primary school teachers had it right when they got us to buddy up! If you can, don't go anywhere alone - not only does having someone with you make for excellent company, but you're much less likely to be harrassed if you're not alone - THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS! SONS AND DOORTARS, WE R DISAPPOINT. 519410 Similarly - if you're going somewhere with someone you don't know very well, it never hurts to take a friend. Razz

• Love the ones you're with - if you've travelled to the event with someone/s, make sure you have their cellphone numbers and everyone has their phones charged (if you're coming from out of town, remember to bring your charger!). There are few things worse than splitting up (intentionally or not) and then not being able to find anyone else later. If you're leaving the con for some reason, make sure someone knows you've left, or else you'll get people freaking out about where you've disappeared to - and similarly, if you haven't heard from someone in ages, drop them a txt just to check they're okay. :)

• Don't take candy from strangers - legal issues aside (...none of us are naive enough to think that no one drinks underage, hahah), if you are going to drink, make sure you know where your drink came from (if you're getting a poured drink, make sure you watch it being poured - or just drink from bottles/cans, so you know nothing has been tampered with), and that you drink with people you trust, who you know will keep you safe if something goes wrong - this goes for anyone drinking anywhere, regardless of age or location. sweatdrop

If anyone has something they want to add to this tips list, let one of us know and we'll add it in! Very Happy

« ON MEMBERS AND MODS »
On the topic of contacting mods, though - if you have concerns about another member, no matter what they might be, please PM a mod about it rather than bringing things up straight away in public. There are always two (or even three) sides to the story, and if you've only heard one then you can't really make a fair judgement on the situation. Whenever someone contacts us about someone, we do our best to hear from both sides - often there can be more than meets the eye, and through our investigations we can work out what the appropriate action is to take. n_n

« ON TROLLING »
Lastly, we'd like to clarify that abuse of other people in our community, regardless of circumstances, will not be tolerated. We're all people: we all deserve respect. We've heard tell recently that some individuals have been trolling other forums 'on our behalf' for fun, and this is not on. With respect comes the right for choice, and just because someone decides to use a different forum doesn't mean you have the right to disrespect that choice. As such, anyone who we catch doing as much will receive an official warning: it's unfair and unwarranted. We're touched by your devotion to us, guys, we really are - but trolling people is not reeeeeally the best expression of your love. :XP:

Similarly, we do expect the same respect in return: members from other forums coming here specifically to troll is, to be rather blunt, petty and rude. If you don't want to be part of the CNZ forums, that's up to you; being on these forums isn't mandatory in order to be involved in the New Zealand Cosplay scene. We do, however, ask that you honour that decision and do not attempt to cause trouble for those of us who are part of CNZ - our members have the right to choose as much as you do, and we ask that you respect their decision as we ask them to respect yours.

« ON ALL OF US »
Having said all that (...sorry for the text wall, guys), we also want you guys to know how proud we are that you're so willing to stand up for each other. This is such a fantastic, supportive community, and with Auckland Armageddon coming up, I think we're ALL (well, those of us lucky enough to be able to go, at least. We'll miss those of you who can't! T_T ) looking forward to being able to do it all again in person!

Viva la CNZ~!

All your harassment are belong to us - Love, your MANRY mods,
Duckeh, Riven_, Tammy, JVCA, Aura, Seraphik, Admin, Rowan, and Aurellion
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Number of posts : 7122
Transforms into : a crotchety old woman
Registration date : 2007-11-25

SONS AND DOORTARS, WE R DISAPPOINT. Vide
Back to top Go down
http://www.jvca.net.nz

Re: SONS AND DOORTARS, WE R DISAPPOINT.
Post By Kitten Slave. 30/09/09, 08:11 am

Clap

for no other reason than I felt the need to say something. Albeit cliche, well said mama Jess.
If you feel some one bugging you, just call Kitteh, we will deliver some thumping... Yeah, Im staring at you "Star Trek Guy".
Kitten Slave
Kitten Slave
forum prisoner.

Number of posts : 2977
Transforms into : A horny school girl.
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 30/09/09, 08:13 am

How does an investigation become hard core :/

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 30/09/09, 08:14 am

When everyone straps on protective equipment, spikes and spray paints themselves flourescent and then goes to investigate.

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 30/09/09, 08:15 am

i see...

Back to top Go down

Post By Duckeh. 30/09/09, 08:20 am

u_ne_korn wrote:
When everyone straps on protective equipment, spikes and spray paints themselves flourescent and then goes to investigate.
Nobody was meant to see nor know of this.
D:
GAIZ, WE WERE CAUGHT OUT.

Butsrsly, stay happy and safe. If you have anything that you want to talk to any of us privately about, go ahead. We're always happy to listen and open to take criticism too. :3
Duckeh
Duckeh
GOD of all things EPIC

Number of posts : 6842
Transforms into : YO BUTT.
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down
http://www.duckeh.com

Post By Bishkip. 30/09/09, 09:05 am

"often there can be more than meets the eye"

oh my, transformers are involved.

SONS AND DOORTARS, WE R DISAPPOINT. 352708
Bishkip
Bishkip
champaign supernova~

Number of posts : 821
Transforms into : N00DZ
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post By Icarus. 30/09/09, 09:26 am

I salute our MODS for being the friendly neighborhood watches~ SONS AND DOORTARS, WE R DISAPPOINT. Icon_smile
(but the reminder on alcohol was very appropriate as they'll be serving alcohol at the masquerade ball.)
Icarus
Icarus
ACB King '10

Number of posts : 3485
Transforms into : a dancing octopus
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down
http://icarus-cos.tumblr.com/

Post By JVCA. 30/09/09, 09:39 am

Bish im a Spy. wrote:

We mods are all secretly Transformers - that's why we're called mods - as in, custom car modifications. 8D

Icarus wrote:
(but the reminder on alcohol was very appropriate as they'll be serving alcohol at the masquerade ball.)

I had forgotten about this, actually. o_o; Very valid point! To add though - for those who are legal and do want to drink - don't forget your ID, especially if you're flying in! Razz
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By Bishkip. 30/09/09, 09:44 am

JVCA wrote:
Bish im a Spy. wrote:

We mods are all secretly Transformers - that's why we're called mods - as in, custom car modifications. 8D

Icarus wrote:

I had forgotten about this, actually. o_o; Very valid point! To add though - for those who are legal and do want to drink - don't forget your ID, especially if you're flying in! SONS AND DOORTARS, WE R DISAPPOINT. Icon_razz
lieeeesssssssssss!!!!!
Bishkip
Bishkip
champaign supernova~

Back to top Go down

Post By Minato_mori. 30/09/09, 09:52 am

im legal and drinking in auckland! ^^ yayyyyyyy! xD

but yeah. two sides to a coin&stuff tbh.

also if you need to warn us of stuff like this you could
just post and lock? that way you do not leave the thread open to
opinionated people ^^;;
Minato_mori
Minato_mori
fraggle rock

Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post By Bishkip. 30/09/09, 09:53 am

i'm not legal and i don't drink!

even though my friends do!

but, alcohol's dumb anyway.
Bishkip
Bishkip
champaign supernova~

Back to top Go down

Post By Minato_mori. 30/09/09, 10:03 am

good on ya mate
Minato_mori
Minato_mori
fraggle rock

Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post By Static. 30/09/09, 10:18 am

Hooray mods for being sensible! Clap
Static
Static
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3584
Transforms into : HULKSMASH
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down
http://www.little-noise.com

Post By Bishkip. 30/09/09, 10:21 am

Bishkip
Bishkip
champaign supernova~

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 30/09/09, 11:11 am

I tihnk this is a great thread, i have not seen a better thread in ages

:3 i'm legal, i have ID but i havent had alchohol since i started on ritalin >>> lol

Back to top Go down

Post By Bishkip. 30/09/09, 11:13 am

yea, i'm kinda scared at what i'd be like when i'm drunk.

cause i like, may have depression and i have adhd..

>_>
Bishkip
Bishkip
champaign supernova~

Back to top Go down

Post By Zann. 30/09/09, 01:11 pm

I would just like to take the time to say a Big thank you to all the mods involved in this rather unplesant situation and all the effort the put into helping to resolve it.

Thank you all very much
Hopefully now we can all just go about our normal everyday lives and put this in the past.
One final time..

Thanks you guys
Zann
Zann
Zenbu

Number of posts : 54
Transforms into : Taking the cookie from the cookie jar.....
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post By Duckeh. 30/09/09, 01:14 pm

Cyren VK wrote:
also if you need to warn us of stuff like this you could
just post and lock? that way you do not leave the thread open to
opinionated people ^^;;
In the last thread it may have been a good option. We weren't really on the ball there, admittedly. But if you're talking about this thread the idea to lock it was bought up and dismissed, we do want feedback and there's nothing in this post that is particularly aggravating. Well, we trust you guys just to take it as friendly advice and a nudge.

//scampers off.
Duckeh
Duckeh
GOD of all things EPIC

Number of posts : 6842
Transforms into : YO BUTT.
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down
http://www.duckeh.com

Post By Kitten Slave. 30/09/09, 01:22 pm

Duckeh wrote:
In the last thread it may have been a good option. We weren't really on the ball there, admittedly.....
//scampers off.
I think it is a case of cry wolf. There was just so much drama in times gone by, that it probably just didnt click as something that needed to be stamped on. Still, all is well that ends well. Though I think next time Ill be taking the drama with a bit of salt myself.

Scampers is probably a most appropriate word.

The morale of the story? Dont abuse alcohol. God knows when I was your age, I wanst exactly conservative when it came to a drink or two, but be sensible, know your own body, limits, and company and all that stuff.

ps: static... does my "costume" have anywhere to store... Anything... Like ID etc I mean...
stare
Kitten Slave
Kitten Slave
forum prisoner.

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 30/09/09, 01:34 pm

Quote :
ps: static... does my "costume" have anywhere to store... Anything... Like ID etc I mean...
Kitten, this is why girls have handbags.
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By Kitten Slave. 30/09/09, 01:40 pm

You know... You have just shed light one one of the greatest female mysteries to the male mind...
I should have noticed this earlier...

Girls have handbags because there is nowhere to store stuff in their clothes!!!!!
(*unless you have cleavage, which I sadly do not posses*)

Im going to have to consider this problem... I want my hands free...

stare
Kitten Slave
Kitten Slave
forum prisoner.

Back to top Go down

Post By Rowan. 30/09/09, 02:04 pm

Get an over the shoulder bag? Like one long enough to cross over your body (I'm not really explaining well, am I?). Otherwise it's really annoying.
Rowan
Rowan
LEVEL UP!

Number of posts : 1257
Transforms into : A free, free bird.
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down
http://ladyarbuthnott.deviantart.com

Post By neimhaille. 30/09/09, 03:19 pm

A scrip bag is what we old fogies calls 'em in the SCA. Nice flat bag with a strap over the shoulder :)

And yes, thank you for the current status on this. And I want to reinforce the advice to get your own drinks (non-alcohol or alcoholic) and make sure that no one touches them. Sadly I know far too many women who have had their drinks interfered with. Even a woman in her 60s recently. It happens.
neimhaille
neimhaille
Armageddon Cosplay Contest Judge

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 01/10/09, 02:03 pm

neimhaille wrote:
Sadly I know far too many women who have had their drinks interfered with. Even a woman in her 60s recently. It happens.

WHAT. SONS AND DOORTARS, WE R DISAPPOINT. 875635 Honestly, do some people have no shame? :/
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content