Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ACen - Chicago IL (US)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
ACen - Chicago IL (US)
Post By Echo. 22/09/09, 05:57 am

Otherwise known as Anime Central, ACen is one of the largest anime conventions in the US of A. Tons of people from around that country, people from around the world, guests left and right, booths all over, and nearly 20 tons of TVs and video games in the Hyat basement!

I'd know from experiance, and can say that ACen is the sugar honey iced tea. Chicago Illinois, mind you, may not exactly be the most friendly place on the face of the earth...especially the poilice (ughomgbkldlkm...) But, it isn't New York, so chances of survival are moderate. Also, the yaoi fangirls there are nearly radioactive...Thank God they rarely travel in groups. x__x
(BEWARE THE YAOI PANNEL: If you go anywhere near there, you will be dragged inside on your back and by your ankles...I still have no clue as to what got into Christina's head when she did that...)

In any case, from when I arrive in NZ and get work, I plan on saving money so that I can pay for a round-trip fight and weeks vacation in Chicago. Things there expensive beyond anything, unfortunately. However, that's just marketting. =/

Next ACen is May 10th, 2010

Any questions? Any doubts? Wanna give it a shot?
Feel free to tell me in your posts! I hope my plans can succeede, and also to anyone else who wants to as well!
Echo
Echo
Unexplanatory

Number of posts : 42
Transforms into : IMMA FIRING MY-- I-I mean...Hi :3
Registration date : 2009-08-09

ACen - Chicago IL (US) Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: ACen - Chicago IL (US)
Post By Guest. 22/09/09, 10:06 am

Does anyone know how to fit a 130 kg minnesotan into a suitcase instead of having her go to the Dunedin event? XD At least if i go to chicago people wont ask me if i'm canadian or american XDDDDDDDD

(>_> People should go to anime detour instead!)

Honest to god i've always wanted to go to Acen or Anime north XD i just never had the cash lmao.

Back to top Go down

Post By seraphik. 22/09/09, 05:07 pm

echo, come to ALA instead? 8DDD
seraphik
seraphik
transient mod of fury

Number of posts : 4598
Transforms into : a post-graduate
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post By Echo. 23/09/09, 12:51 am

...Why do others put put-dpwns or ads to somethign else in a promotion thread?
Seriously...

Why not a 'thanks' or 'no thanks'?...
Echo
Echo
Unexplanatory

Number of posts : 42
Transforms into : IMMA FIRING MY-- I-I mean...Hi :3
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post By seraphik. 23/09/09, 01:49 am

/wasn't putting in an ad 8D was merely being a bit silly

(and wondering if there'd be any other nzers at the one american con i get to go to. 8D)
seraphik
seraphik
transient mod of fury

Number of posts : 4598
Transforms into : a post-graduate
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 23/09/09, 04:39 am

I just wish i could get to a CONVENTION IN THE US period lol I said Anime Detour cause it's my home state, Minnesota lol. I should make a thread to advertise it *nod* because it's supposedly a really good convnetion :)

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

ACen - Chicago IL (US)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosplay New Zealand :: Events :: World Events-