Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Armageddon Cosplay Contest Rules and registration forms

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Armageddon Cosplay Contest Rules and registration forms
Post By Huntress. 17/04/10, 11:08 am

u_ne_korn wrote:
akal esh,
I reckon that if you want to participate in the cosplay competition, then do so. Your challenges sound like they are different to those that most cosplayers have to deal with, and I would not presume to tell you to "get over it". But we all deal with challenges, of a wide variety. From finding time and space and resources to create; physical difficulties which range from feet which refuse to fit into high heels to chronic conditions which daily impact our lives; to mental issues that range from chronic procrastination to anxiety that makes having fun extremely difficult.
Every year, people decide on the day that their personal conditions are such that they can not compete in the competition and drop out. Dropping out on the day of the competition is not a big deal. I know several people who have done it and they come back kicking the next year.

Nike may be a corporate whore of the worst variety, but "Just do it" is the best slogan ever invented.

So - just a thought here. Have you considered that my friend only mentioned "some" of the ways in which her disability affects her? She is NOT the only person who has complex disability. We are talking about the people who are unable to enter year after year because of this. This topic has not been brought up lightly. This has taken much care and consideration. I understand your concerns and I am still very disappointed by your response. You yourself have claimed that this is a skilled-based contest. I believe your lack of ability to facilitate for this portion of people with disabilities is atrocious.

All we have asked for is for you to consider this. I fail to see that you have done this or gone away and thought about or discussed it with others involved in the system which allows for Cosplay at these events.

As for Nike's "Just do it" - "Lack of understanding and stereotyping often leads to discrimination."

I have worked for over 4 years in hospitality and part of what we do is customising our service by helping those who need that little extra assistance. Whether that is Mums with children, the elderly or people with various types of disabilities. Yes, it takes more work - in some cases a lot more work. I cannot however, explain in words the amazing feeling that comes from helping these people - especially seeing the joy on their faces at your consideration.

I had never though such consideration for your fellow man was so onerous. I feel heartbroken by the appalling attitudes displayed here. I had in all honesty thought that your own disabilities would have secured your understanding. I have to say all I have read has convinced me of bigottedness and tall poppy syndrome.

Yours regretfully,

Huntress.
Huntress
Huntress
Le grande

Number of posts : 165
Transforms into : A cat canteen. I supply all-you-can-eat biscuits and meats. I also have a fountain of ever-flowing fresh water for your convenience.
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Armageddon Cosplay Contest Rules and registration forms - Page 5 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Mischa. 17/04/10, 11:18 am

Quote :
I had never though such consideration for your fellow man was so onerous. I feel heartbroken by the appalling attitudes displayed here. I had in all honesty thought that your own disabilities would have secured your understanding. I have to say all I have read has convinced me of bigottedness and tall poppy syndrome.

HA Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha. What the hell.

Did you ever think to drop a private note to the judges instead of making a huge drama queen flounce?
Mischa
Mischa
HOT DIGGITY DOG

Number of posts : 1045
Transforms into : GRIMDARK
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Back to top Go down
http://www.doublestitch.co.nz

Post By JVCA. 17/04/10, 11:44 am

I am stepping in as a mod as I believe this thread has crossed the boundary from reasonable discussion to petty argument and personal attacks. Huntress, these forums are about a fun hobby, and your behaviour is entirely inappropriate for the friendly, community atmosphere we try to uphold here. I am issuing you with an official warning for violation of our forum rules; namely rules 4 and 5 -

The rules wrote:
4: Do not post any content that may be deemed racist, homophobic, hateful, inflammatory, defamatory, sexual, libellous or promote the harm and/or abuse of any group or entity.
5: Do not make comments that are designed to start an argument.

We have a three strike system on these forums - three official warnings and you will be temporarily suspended - a fourth and you will be permanently banned. This is your first warning; it would be appreciated if you could ensure that it is your last.

Ultimately, if you don't like the rules; don't enter. It's as simple as that. There are plenty of Costuming Competitions around New Zealand that are far more exciting than wee ole' Armageddon's Cosplay Competition that do allow models - so why not enter those instead?

I do not want to hear anything more on this issue.
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Number of posts : 7122
Transforms into : a crotchety old woman
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down
http://www.jvca.net.nz

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content