Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Code Geass <3

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Code Geass <3
Post By IcyRose. 15/09/08, 02:56 am

Looks like we're fast approaching the very end, 2 episodes to go and I'm going to guess that the final battle conclusion will be the next episode while the last will be a final epilogue for the series.

So I was right on one of my predictions for character death, Cornelia bit the big one this week after Schneizel had finally revealed his true motives to her. Turns out Schneizel is on the whole "This world is corrupt and therefore must be purged to bring about peace." outlook of things and intends to use Damocles to make himself a god and keep the world in check by positioning himself in a way that he could launch FREIA on the whole world if they are to break the peace. Of course, other than his inner circle everyone is on the assumption Schneizel is a big saint trying to rid the world of Lelouch who is the source of all evil.

I can't help but think the next episode is going to be a complete bloodbath as pretty much everyone has the possiblity of dying, except Villetta, who is now pregnant with Ougi's child and is the only character asides from Milly and Rivalz that's not in combat. Actually for the most part the Black Knights are kinda safe as Lelouch had put them out of commission by sinking the Ikuruga. Well, the ones that survived the crash anyway which is so far only Ougi as the rest are unconfirmed to be alive.

Surprisingly the key to the final battle is Nina, as it turns out the FREIA was not so much upgraded from the time it was used in Tokyo as it was just given its full potential, seems that Nina did actually have some sort of grasp on how destructive it could have been and limited its power, but still didn't realise how powerful it still was when it was used in Tokyo. Now she is working on making some sort of anti-FREIA with Lloyd, despite the fact she is now working for the man whom she so hated. Nina is actually surprising in the fact she now sees the bigger picture, and is aware of just how bad of a person Schneizel really was and that he took advantage of feelings for Euphemia and used her to create his ultimate weapon. Still, like Rolo, I don't think it redeems her character fully, rather you can give her some sort of credit for the fact she's finally wised up over the course of the show.

In any case, Lelouch is in a very bad position now. As the main part of his forces are pretty much gone, although he does still have Suzaku which pretty much counts for everything considering just how bloody powerful the Albion is, and he hasn't lost any of his other named pilots..... which is actually just C.C. and Orange, the former not even launched into battle yet. The Black Knights are the same as well, still having Karen, Gino, Anya, Xingke, Toudou, Chiba and Tamaki flying around. From the next episode preview though, I'm having the very strong feeling that Karen's fate will be determined next week as the Guren has now been shown trying to use its radiation claw on Lelouch. If she does ultimately choose to side against Lelouch to the very end it will kinda sadden me, I mean Karen has stayed by Lelouch's side from day 1, even after learning about Geass and Lelouch's background, she still stood by him, you'd think after being one of his closest allies she'd have a better understanding of his way of thinking, specifically the putting on the evil mask to take the blame for everything so that no one else needs to bare the guilt part of him. But if she truly thinks Lelouch is in the end evil, I'd be very disappointed in her.

Granted in Geass, there isn't really a truly evil character as everyone has different shades of grey. Some darker than others. Both Lelouch and Schneizel have supposedly good intentions but their means towards that end are considered evil. However Lelouch is more open about it while Schneizel is very secretive about it. It's interesting if you try and look at the series through the perspective of another character, as a viewer we have the knowledge of knowing Lelouch and therefore we know he's actually all for peace and free-will for the people, but is willing to take free-will away from a select few so that he can obtain a better world for the rest, while Schneizel's method is to threaten the world into being buddy-buddy or he'll burn it all to the ground. But due to the lack of knowledge on Lelouch's true motives I can't help wonder what the characters would choose if they knew what Schneizel's true intentions were?

If that were the case, their decision would be between peace at the cost of freedom or peace at the cost of free-will. Neither really sound too appealing does it. Personally, I'd rather trust the devil I know than the devil who could backstab me at any given time. Ultimately that's would be Lelouch.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Number of posts : 1142
Transforms into : That Dark Handsome Swordsman
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Code Geass <3 - Page 15 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://roseandblossom.deviantart.com

Post By Pura. 15/09/08, 10:18 am

Cornelia ;__;
She'll get to see Euphie now though xD.

Villetta being pregnant is cute~ Ougi and Viletta makes an odd pairing, but it's still cute xD.

I really hate how Lelouch is acting all evil.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By azeria. 15/09/08, 01:50 pm

Epic Code Geass episode is Epic.

It needs to be next week. Now =|

Cornelia ;_; Even though I didn't lie her much last season, she was ok this one. Probably because she didn't get much screen time xD

& when Lelouch & Suzaku team up you see why they were against each other most of the series xD They're so awesome together 'I'm his sword' XD
azeria
azeria
ACB Queen '10

Number of posts : 3226
Transforms into : Rinatron
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down
http://azeriacosplay.tumblr.com/

Post By Pura. 15/09/08, 02:01 pm

I didn't like Cornelia's costume in the first season. I like it now, even though it does screem BOOBS a bit xD.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By azeria. 16/09/08, 12:54 pm

most of the costumes seem to scream boobs. Bunny outfit anyone xD

... I can totally see there being a massive FREIA malfunction which blows them all up xD
azeria
azeria
ACB Queen '10

Back to top Go down

Post By azeria. 23/09/08, 10:48 am

nuuuu forum death killed IcyRose's post Dx I'm pretty sure you'd posted >_>

But yay for geassing Schneizel~ Cornelia is back from the dead, along with Guilford xD Cornelia needs to stop dying. Actually everyone needs to stop dying ad coming back to life. At least we know Diethard is actually dead, since they showed his actual death.

Lelouch & C.C almost kiss only to be interrupted by Kallen xD

I hope Jeremiah doesn't die T_T Xing-Ke needs to stop coughing up blood nao plzkthx.
Hopefully Lelouch told Sayoko to 'betray' him or whatever you want to call it, so that the hostages got free safely. >_>

It needs to be next Monday Dx
azeria
azeria
ACB Queen '10

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 23/09/08, 11:31 am

Yeah I had posted earlier.

Anyways, yeah I'm pretty sure Lelouch's plan was for Sayoko, Lloyd and Cecile to lie and make it look like Lelouch forced them into working for him, that way he could guarantee their safety. It's pretty much implied that Lelouch is trying to make the world hate him so that they have something to unite against and keep a peaceful unified world. It's been mentioned many times in the series that Lelouch is willing to play the villain to bring about the greater good. So I can imagine Lelouch is basically setting things up so that he can rid the world of all threats of the Britannian royal family in the background while the world is focused on dealing with him. Well that's my thoughts on Zero Requiem.

All that's left to resolve is:

- Orange Vs Anya (Come on Orange!)

- Suzaku Vs Karen

- Lelouch Vs Nunnally (Battle of Wills I imagine)

- What the hell is Zero Requiem?!
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 23/09/08, 02:18 pm

Yes, characters need to stop dying and then coming back alive.
I cried when it showed Guilford alive though ... I was sad that he died.

Somehow, I always had a feeling Nunnally would always open her eyes sometime.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By azeria. 23/09/08, 02:36 pm

I was like 'who is that? *stares*.... Guilford!? =D'

Cornelia just won't die though I guess =P
azeria
azeria
ACB Queen '10

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 23/09/08, 07:52 pm

I could have done without Guilford's revival to be perfectly honest, I mean I do like Guilford, but I found that his death had a lot of impact..... despite the fact before then he never saw Cornelia during all of R2..... technically he still hasn't seen her, which with the blindness. The fact he came back kinda cheapened his death in the long run.

Anyways, in terms of character death, I actually can't predict anyone any more. I've more or less decided that everyone that's NOT on the Damocles or in battle will live until the end of the series..... except Xingke, damn it man, you have anime tuberculosis, this means you WILL die. Of course with 1 ep to go he's lost any chance of dying at the most critical moment, so now he's going to die a la Straight Cougar, at peace with the world once everything is done.... I assume so anyway.

This basically means the ones who are still up for death are:

Lelouch
Suzaku
Nunnally
Schneizel (very little point in it now though)
Kanon (Same as Schneizel)
Orange
Anya
Karen
Gino (His mech is owned but he's still hanging there)

I'm unsure on C.C. since now she seems to be all for hooking up with Lelouch and finding true love, so she might give up on the whole dying thing for a while.

Also who else supports CluClu as opposed to Kalulu? *raises hand*
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 29/09/08, 12:27 am

And thus ends Code Geass....

Overall, I really liked this ending, as I expected Zero Requiem was a long term plan devised by Lelouch to cause the ENTIRE world to hate him and in the end cause him to sacrifice himself for the greater good, leaving only a select few truly understood what he was doing.

It could be speculated that the guy driving the carriage at the end with C.C. was Lelouch, there are plenty of arguments already out there that can speculate it. Most notably, Lelouch actually has a Code now and is now immortal. This can pretty much go right up there with the whole Kazuma's fist situation of s-CRY-ed in that C.C.'s final line to Lelouch could be interpreted anyway you want it, whether she's suggesting the driver is Lelouch, or she's just stating a rhetorical question. There really isn't any given solid evidence to suggest that Lelouch is immortal due to how vague the rules of how the Code is transferred are.

I could probably rant on for ages about the ending, and really I had planned to make this huge rant on my overall thoughts of geass, but to be honest I can't really think of much to say at this time, probably because I'm tired and have gotten very little sleep prior to watching the final ep. I do want to mention that there are some things that I kinda wish were resolved but weren't.

- We never found out C.C.'s name...... ever, so my thoughts on it being a convenient plot device to only be used for the Mao arc were true.... kinda wish they weren't. In any case, it had no relevance to the grand scheme of things, but it would have been nice to have known it given all the effort they went to concealing it.

- Xingke's death. They emphasized his death was imminent, and I also think he died at the end of everything. My evidence in this is that he is not present in Ougi's wedding photo despite the fact the rest of the China crew is there. Yes, he could in theory be the photographer, but that would be kinda stupid, I mean there is a timer feature on a camera for occasions like these. So in the time between Lelouch's death and Ougi's wedding, I theorise that Xingke passed on..... I just wish it was shown, it felt that it should have been important, what with his coughing up blood so often.

- Nonette, the Knight of Nine. Um, no voiced role what so ever, no mecha, no combat, just two instances in which she was in screenshot. She really was just a nod to the people who played Lost Colours.

But yeah, on a final note, it's kinda good to see that so many characters survived the final battle and that the show basically got a happy ending in the end. I enjoyed Code Geass from start to finish, for a series I had picked up on a whim with much reluctance it really did become a surprise addiction for me. Now that it's over it's kinda sad. But thankfully I have Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae coming in like a week.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By azeria. 29/09/08, 02:57 am

Ok watching this episdoe just before you're about to go out to town = not a good an

;;_;;

It was a really good ending! Especially the stop time kinda thing showing everyone's reactions. I'm guessing Jeremiah was in on the plan, or at least figured out that it was Lelouch's plan since he didn't do much to try and stop Zero at the end there.
It was a good way to end the series ^.^

Any idea when Code Geass will start being released on DVD over here? xD I need to make sure I have money so I can buy them~
azeria
azeria
ACB Queen '10

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 29/09/08, 05:14 am

Code Geass DVDs will be out in New Zealand in December, since they come out in Australia in November and they get things one month before us.

Also, in relation to the last ep, my theory on Xingke being dead is kinda thrown off when I noticed the Shen Hu in the background during the meeting between Ougi and Nunnally. So his death is kinda unknown as well.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 29/09/08, 06:03 am

Yeah, DVDs release in December. A great time of year to get stuff!! (Birthday + Christmas xD).

Poor Nunnally D;
I was crying, and after I finished watching, my brother was like, "Were you watching something?" and gave me a weird look Dx.

I'm still laughing at how puthetic kanon is after Schneizel gets geass'd xD.

I'm glad that they didn't show Xing-ke dying. He's one of my favourite characters. I also think it was mean how Tianzi got put on the exhicutioner's thing. And I really did believe Suzaku had died during his battle with Kullen. I s'pose the only person who knows the new Zero is Suzaku now is Nunnally. I'm glad she got her sight back, too.

After a while you expected Lelouch to die too, so I knew that was coming.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By azeria. 29/09/08, 10:55 am

Yay! I shall make sure to not spend all my money come December ^.^

... and maybe Xing-Ke was magically cured because the whole world is united xD That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

Nunally's sobbing/screaming when Lelouch died was really sad ;_;
I'm glad Suzaku didn't die. When the Lancelot blew up I was like '... Suzaku... 0_0... nuuuuuuu' I thought it was really cute when they showed Arthur on his grave though <3

Now to go watch the episode again >_>
azeria
azeria
ACB Queen '10

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 30/09/08, 12:10 pm

I went to watch part of it again (testing to see if something worked) and my computer froze it xDDD.

I hate my computer -______-.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By azeria. 30/09/08, 12:33 pm

I only use Roy's work laptop xD Our desktop takes about 20 minutes just for me to turn it on, log in nd for it to be ready to work xD

*is currently putting episode 25 on her MP3* xD

fufufu I downloaded all the soundtracks *listens to 'Continuined Story repeatedly* so sad T.T But only because I associate it with Lelouch's death xD

EDIT*
& just because I read a random blog... Are those ORANGE trees that Jeremiah is tending to? XDD That's epic.
azeria
azeria
ACB Queen '10

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 30/09/08, 02:35 pm

We should get an Orange forum icon!! Code Geass <3 - Page 15 Orange
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Lavi_x. 01/10/08, 02:19 am

I noticed that too. It's pretty awesome.
Mannnn, didn't want this to end.

*sigh*

Any good new shows coming?
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 01/10/08, 03:48 am

Well the idea of Jeremiah working in an orange field was basically thrown around every corner of the fandom that it basically had to happen.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 01/10/08, 01:18 pm

I didn't want Code Geass to end D;

Uh, I'll be downloading Hakushaku to Yusei and Kuro Shitsuji when they've been subbed. I'm too Japanese illiterate.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 07/10/08, 02:50 pm

I got the Code Geass manga today.

It's not as bad as thought it would be, the art is actually really cute. The cover picture is a bit weird though xD.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By azeria. 07/10/08, 03:00 pm

8D Me steal y/y?
I can give you Tokyo Babylon 5 & Fake 1-4~~
azeria
azeria
ACB Queen '10

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 07/10/08, 03:15 pm

And I can return Tokyo Babylon 3 and 4 xD.

Yess, though it'll probably do the rounds with my school friends first. They always fight over first dibbs ^^;; *sigh*
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 07/10/08, 03:38 pm

Ooh Tokyo Babylon, I've got all of that, Seishirou is love.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content