Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Code Geass <3

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Code Geass <3
Post By IcyRose. 09/06/08, 05:35 am

Well Code Geass R2 is back on schedule and now we're moving on to the China arc. This episode provided us with some nice background on Xingke, who really appears to parallel Lelouch quite a bit with his wanting to protect the Empress Tianzi. To be honest, I feel really sorry for the little girl, she's be been manipulated my the eunuchs, forced into marriage with Britannia and now being held hostage by Lelouch, she doesn't seem to get any luck in her life.

As a result it would appear that my prediction was wrong yet again, I would have thought Lelouch and the Black Knights would have aided in Xingke's coup de'tat but instead he entered as a 3rd party and grabbed the Empress himself to which now they've made this whole ordeal a three way fight. So it would seem the next episode will be a large battle.

Speaking of which, the Black Knights have gotten themselves some new Knightmares, the Akatsuki and Zangetsu are seen among them, but also mentioned and slightly seen off the side was the rebuilt Gawain which is now known as the Shinkiro according to Wikipedia. I am so looking forward to seeing those in action.

Nina underwent a drastic change of appearance showing up to the wedding as Schneizel's partner but still pretty much remained her crazy racist self when she saw Zero playing chess with Schneizel and then subsequently went insane and tried to kill him only to be stopped by Suzaku and Karen. Milly also showed up but has very little significance.

Schneizel's chess match with Lelouch was very interesting, especially with Schneizel's test to determine the type of character that Zero is, one wonders if he's figured out that Zero is Lelouch, there were enough clues in there to suggest he might have caught on. Especially when one remembers that Lelouch and Schneizel used to play chess with each other in their childhood so he would be familiar with his playing style (leading with the king). Also note that Lelouch has never won against Schneizel in chess.

However the big thing at the end of the episode, The Return of Orange! And more importantly, he now works for V.V. and knows EVERYTHING. I was wondering how he would have reacted learning that Zero is Lelouch considering that he used to work as a guard for Lelouch's family but it appears he seems to have thrown that aside and is know prepared to destroy both him and C.C. I wonder what will happen in the future concerning him. Also now that he's working for V.V. I wonder if he has a Geass, I would hope not but that mask on his left eye is suspicious, although that was also his cyborg eye from last season.

EDIT: Oh yeah, that Karen x Lelouch scene in the next ep preview was just another tease when Karen fell on top of Lelouch, also C.C. was there to spoil the moment by complaining about the lack of tabasco sauce for her pizza. They really seem to want to push the Karen pairing this season as well with Lelouch commenting on how he wants to return to Ashford with her when everything is over........ that kinda sounds like one of those characters is holding up a death sign when I put it that way.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Number of posts : 1142
Transforms into : That Dark Handsome Swordsman
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Code Geass <3 - Page 8 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://roseandblossom.deviantart.com

Post By Lavi_x. 09/06/08, 11:00 am

ORANGE IS BACK OMG.
I fell off my chair when I saw that.
I was leaning back on it and yeah.

Anyway, That was definitely one of the better episodes of this season
I just love Xingke
Nina annoys me :/
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 09/06/08, 05:04 pm

Xingke is cool, I liked him since before R2 came out, he kinda fit all my ideals of an awesome character, bishie, swordsman, intelligent, wears blue, dresses Chinese (well one would hope as he is Chinese). I really want to cosplay him at some point.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 11/06/08, 04:38 pm

OMG, Tianzi is SO CUTE <3. I love her voice actor. Xingke is awesome too. Heh, those two would make an epic couple, actually.

Nina's spaz attacks always amuse me xD.

Heh, Lennon, your review reminded me of an essay xD. *was doing an essay for english last night ... Procrastiantion FTW*

Also, do you think Lelouch is like Light from DN? I really don't think he is AT ALL. But the friend I got into Code Geass is insisting he is (and she's the kind of person that's like, "I'm right, no one else is" and forces you to beleive things, and it's so annoying -___-, but anyway, shouldn't complain about my friend ...).

LELOUCH IS NOT LIKE LIGHT!! D;<
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 11/06/08, 05:44 pm

Lelouch suffers from the Light comparison due to the unfortunate fact that Code Geass was being screened at the same time as Death Note, both series had the main protagonist that was intelligent, had a secret identity, had a special power that motivated them to change the world to their liking and both gave off this villainous aura due to their maniacal laughter and the fact their opponents were also probably more morally good (L and Suzaku). Also both of them have many 'JUST AS PLANNED' moments. Hell, both of them even made a plan that involving making them forget their memories in order to overcome a formidable foe, for Light it was L and for Lelouch it was Mao. They also have a contractor of sorts, the character that oversees how they use their powers (Ryuk and C.C.)

I can definitely draw a lot of similarities between the two characters but I can certainly say they are not the same character. For one, I hate Light to the very depths of my soul, admittedly I thought he was bloody smart but I hated how much of a bastard he was. Lelouch on the other hand, manages to get away with being a bastard because he's just downright awesome and has a lot more redeeming features.

But really, I don't know. I suppose I would say Lelouch is like Light in the same way that Code Geass is like Gundam Seed. On paper they sound the same, but when you watch it, you couldn't be any further from the truth. Honestly, for simplicity's sake I generally say Code Geass is like Gundam Seed only with the main guy being replaced with Light from Death Note, only he's cool. That's probably one of the most incorrect statements you could make about Code Geass to be perfectly honest, but it's also the most simple one that sort of gives a person a general idea of what to expect out of Code Geass (and it would probably set the standard a bit lower than they'd think and when they actually see it they'll go WOAH AWESOME LELOUCH ROCKS!).

I can certainly ramble on for both sides of the argument for quite a while. I mean I've covered similarities, my last rant on this topic went on the differences. The fact I can do that means a part of me would think that Lelouch and light are at the very least similar characters. However at the end of the day, I just want to ask if you switched the two characters around and put Light into the Geass world and gave him a Geass and then put Lelouch into the Death Note world and gave him the Death Note would everything play out in the same way?, Could Light defeat a whole navy with just a map and a phone? Could Lelouch keep up the Kira identity and outsmart L?
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 12/06/08, 10:50 am

Lelouch could do Kira, but Kira can't do Lelouch xD.

Lelouch/Zero is out in the open, while Kira isn't.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Lavi_x. 12/06/08, 10:57 am

God I despise that comparison.
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 12/06/08, 11:05 am

Same here. Me and my friend are going to argue about it everytime we start discussing Code Geass.

If my vocabulary were larger I'd make a good arguer xD. But, alas, I am not very smart. Nor good at english xD. *sigh*
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Lavi_x. 12/06/08, 11:20 am

Lelouch isn't anywhere near as selfish as Light, especially not in R2
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 12/06/08, 11:39 am

My friend onlyn bases their likelyness on that fact that they are both trying to make the wold better, and they got given their power to do so. She looks at nothing else.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Lavi_x. 12/06/08, 11:44 am

Light is really just making the world a place more suited to him.
Lelouch is doing it for Nunally, well now hes doing it for everyones good but thats how it started
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 12/06/08, 03:38 pm

Exactly!! That's my main point against her! Light is self-centered, and Lelouch isn't.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Lavi_x. 12/06/08, 03:40 pm

Also, you gotta love Lulu's voice compared to Light. XP
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 12/06/08, 03:51 pm

I know! Lelouch's voice is the best thing about him, no questions asked!

And I don't like Light very much :/
I still need to make fun of my Light figure, actually xD.
I like L ;__;
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Lavi_x. 12/06/08, 03:56 pm

Its so...manly
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 12/06/08, 04:21 pm

It's ... Booming. And has a certain ... Difference about it that's different from other VAs.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Lavi_x. 12/06/08, 04:29 pm

Yeah, the dub Lulu is so bad. :/
He sounds like Ichigo
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 12/06/08, 04:37 pm

I know! That's the only thing I think when I hear JYB's voice. It's just Ichigo. Ichigo and Ichigo! It annoys me so much! Oh, and then there's his kid voice like Renton from Eureka 7, which is cool, but if he used it for anything else, it would be Renton, Renton, Renton.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Lavi_x. 12/06/08, 04:39 pm

Its so frustrating.
I want to like the dub because its Code Geass, but they ruined Lelouch's voice
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Back to top Go down

Post By Freyasoul. 12/06/08, 05:27 pm

Lavi_x wrote:
Its so frustrating.
I want to like the dub because its Code Geass, but they ruined Lelouch's voice

Sorry to jump in but i fully agree with that.
Me and my friends tried to watch the first episode dubbed and they sounded pretty terrible.
And also is R2 any good? because i simply haven't had the time to watch it.

Light was a bit insane. He basically got a giant brush and applied it to the world, causing mass murders.
Well that was my interpretation of what he was doing.

Somehow Death Note just made me think even more so that perfection is unattainable x.x
Freyasoul
Freyasoul
Ultimatum

Number of posts : 223
Transforms into : PedoChu and shower scenes.
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 12/06/08, 05:53 pm

Yes, I would have to agree on JYB not being a good Lelouch, A number of voices in the Code Geass dub are pretty decent (C.C., Euphemia, Cornelia and Guilford come to mind), but the main voice that had to be right WAS Lelouch which in the end didn't quite get it right (personally I think Crispin Freeman would have been an awesome Lelouch since he could so do the big booming Zero voice, but he seems to be a pretty good Orange as well)

Anyways, on the old Light and Lelouch comparison topic, I want to just add in a couple of last words, as I said earlier the whole comparison comes down to the fact they both have similar motives and the intelligence and power to carry them out. However as everyone else has pointed out and as I have pointed out in my first rant on the subject, the difference between the two is simply put that Lelouch cares about others where as Light never did and that underlying fact is what makes the two of them completely different characters, not to mention it's also what makes Lelouch more likable.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Willuknight. 13/06/08, 04:22 am

ahhh trying not to read spoilers (only seen to ep5 in R2). Is anyone going to cosplay as CC at Army09? I'd love to see that, i really would.

Lennon, when i saw you in CHCH, i'd never watched Geass, so i didnt really get it at all, but i watched all of S1 over 3 days and its one of the best anime i've ever watched, mad props to awesome costume :)
Willuknight
Willuknight
LEVEL UP!

Number of posts : 1288
Transforms into : Megatron
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down
http://willu.net

Post By IcyRose. 13/06/08, 04:49 am

Thanks Will, I appreciate the comment.

Well at Auckgeddon, I've got B3rry down for cosplaying C.C. on Saturday with the rest of the Geass group. I'm assuming it will be her season 1 outfit since I'm going for season 1 Lelouch/Zero. At some point in time I would like to do an R2 group where I'd either do Zero's R2 outfit or Li Xingke, if not both.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 13/06/08, 05:40 pm

A Tianzi cosplay would be epic ^_______^
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Willuknight. 13/06/08, 06:00 pm

omg i just finished episode 9, holy crap this is getting good. I have no idea whats comming next or what Zero is going to do, its amazing!

I cant believe the zero picnic, I had no idea that that was comming, i love anime that completely and utterly surprises me Very Happy
Willuknight
Willuknight
LEVEL UP!

Number of posts : 1288
Transforms into : Megatron
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down
http://willu.net

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content