Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Temari help

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Temari help
Post By Mandie_Chan. 06/06/09, 01:46 am

hey wonderful people who can help solve all my problems!

Picture:
Spoiler:

So 1st problem
what colour is the top? I'm think purple-ish-blue but spotlight doesnt have purple-ish-blue. So would i be better going for the purple or blue?

2nd problem
i need some fish net material for the legs but once again spotlight doesnt have anything suitable. The lady suggested going to an R18 shop (which personally i'd rather avoid -anyone wanna go buy some for me?)
so does anyone happen to have spare/left over fishnet material i could buy? or know somewhere that would sell it?

Thankies
Mandie_Chan
Mandie_Chan
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 6753
Transforms into : Epic Baker of DOOOOM
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Temari help Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Temari help
Post By Guest. 06/06/09, 02:38 am

1st: Isn't there a Light purple there? it looks like a light purple. For the fishnets... Couldn't you just buy a pair of fishnet stockings, and cut the end off one and sew around it then put it up high on your leg? ...though it might fall down... It's a tough cosplay and i don't see how you could make the fan either D:

Temari help Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Mandie_Chan. 06/06/09, 02:41 am

lol i have already sorted out the fan! (got rid of the hard part 1st)

light purple aye... *ponders*

well if i was to by fishnet stockings... where would i get them?
Mandie_Chan
Mandie_Chan
Optimus Prime

Temari help Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 06/06/09, 04:01 am

Trademe? =D?

Temari help Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Grassangel. 06/06/09, 03:01 pm

Famers, Hannahs, LOADS of shops sell fishnet tights this time of year. Might be a bit pricey getting a full pair to cut up but at least you don't need to sew it up into tubes.

And sewing fishnet to elastic isn't that hard if you have a sewing machine. Just cut the elastic slightly tighter than the circumference of your thigh/calf and remember to stretch it out as you're sewing the fishnet to it.

(I... actually have a pair of arm warmer-y things made from knee-high fishnet stockings that developed holes in the toes. The hardest bit was finding the elastic.)
But I feel your pain in finding fishnet fabric. Friend's cosplay of Delerium from the Sandman is on hold until she can find the stuff.
Grassangel
Grassangel
Superman

Number of posts : 273
Transforms into : Pâtisserie extraordinaire
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Temari help Vide
Back to top Go down
http://grass-angel.livejournal.com

Post By Mandie_Chan. 07/06/09, 01:13 am

thanks for the help!

off to farmers and hannahs I GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Mandie_Chan
Mandie_Chan
Optimus Prime

Temari help Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 19/06/09, 05:40 pm

Mandie_Chan wrote:
hey wonderful people who can help solve all my problems!

Picture:
Spoiler:

So 1st problem
what colour is the top? I'm think purple-ish-blue but spotlight doesnt have purple-ish-blue. So would i be better going for the purple or blue?

2nd problem
i need some fish net material for the legs but once again spotlight doesnt have anything suitable. The lady suggested going to an R18 shop (which personally i'd rather avoid -anyone wanna go buy some for me?)
so does anyone happen to have spare/left over fishnet material i could buy? or know somewhere that would sell it?

Thankies

x kiki-chan x wrote:
1st: Isn't there a Light purple there? it looks like a light purple. For the fishnets... Couldn't you just buy a pair of fishnet stockings, and cut the end off one and sew around it then put it up high on your leg? ...though it might fall down... It's a tough cosplay and i don't see how you could make the fan either D:

Definately light purple. (Violet?) I think if you really had to then purple would be more in character.
Also I have seen fishnet stockings or tights around, but tend not to remember those sort of items. But I think I have seem them in the cheap shops. Like sunlake, etc. Since you are going to cut them up then those prices may be more atttactive. Also some leather or punk or emo/streetwear shops may also have something. Basically alternative, but not R18 shops? Also if you are going in to Spotlight then it is not much further to Knutwells in Colombo St, or Fabric Vision behind South City (bath street?). Depending on what material you want there is a fair chance some shop has it. Even try ringing around.

I can suggest two methods of holding the fishnet up. A ribbon inside the hem, tied at the back. But it looks thin, so an elastic hem looks like the go?

Interesting neck piece!
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Number of posts : 4033
Transforms into : This stylish saffron shirt.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Temari help Vide
Back to top Go down
http://skydrive.live.com/#cid=23D41AFD1F51E1F4

Post By Mandie_Chan. 20/06/09, 01:11 am

yea i found some CLOSE to perfect fishnet stocking at the Wharehouse ^_^
and i'm planning on using elastic to keep them up

*SEWING FTW!*
Mandie_Chan
Mandie_Chan
Optimus Prime