Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MONDAY: FF7: Dirge of Cerberus Tsviets Group

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
MONDAY: FF7: Dirge of Cerberus Tsviets Group
Post By Pyro. 17/01/08, 03:22 am

Just now I was looking through FFVII cosplays on cosplay.com and realized I really want to be Angeal Hewley at some point.

The only thing is, will I have enough time to make him?

My Dante costume needs his holster, Rebellion, Ebony and Ivory and ya know, pretty much everything but the coat.

My Tidus hasn't been started yet. -hides from the bottles that will be thrown my way for that-

So; does anyone think I'd have enough time to make SOLDIER armor and a Buster sword? That's really all I'd need to do, theoretically, as the pants and shirt could be easily bought from somewhere; and I can just cut up my Vincent wig a bit (if I do Angeal (which is who I totally, utterly adore at the moment) it wouldn't matter, as I'd need the same hairstyle for another costume (Nero)) and I could just 'borrow' my father's work boots.

Thoughts; anyone?

I really wanna be Angeal... T_T He rocks.
Pyro
Pyro
Winner of the Infinitely Quotable Award

Number of posts : 3934
Transforms into : Tik-Tok Tibenoch
Registration date : 2007-12-03

MONDAY: FF7: Dirge of Cerberus Tsviets Group Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: MONDAY: FF7: Dirge of Cerberus Tsviets Group
Post By Guest. 17/01/08, 06:07 am

Next year. :) I mean, come on - it's better to do a costume WELL, than too many and them be crap. Save him for next year. ;)

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 17/01/08, 06:09 am

Agreed u should save this cosplay for next year that way it will give u far more time and u might even be able to pull a group together. ^-^

Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 17/01/08, 06:12 am

-laughs-

Actually, everyone is cosplaying Crisis Core this year, which is why I wanna be him. ;)

I think I'll wait until April, and if Tidus and Dante are done then when the holidays start (I get a week before Wellygeddon, then the two average school holiday weeks) I'll make Angeal.
Pyro
Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 17/01/08, 06:28 am

Well then there u go sounds like u all ready know what ur gonna do about it XD good luck i hope everything turns out the way u want it to ^^

Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 17/01/08, 06:42 am

So do I. xD

If I don't have the others finished in time to make Angeal, I'll buy a suit and a white-blonde wig and call myself Lazard. xD -adores Lazard too, and Lazard the Angeal Clone-
Pyro
Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 17/01/08, 12:20 pm

okay, sounds good. :) Good luck!

But don't forget about being Nero for usssss~!

Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 17/01/08, 01:01 pm

Nero's like, the only costume I'm working on for Auckgeddon, though... How could I forget about him? xD

He's in Crisis Core too, Nero is. <3
Pyro
Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 17/01/08, 02:43 pm

YAY TSVIETS. I was going to protest about the costume quantities, in fear of Nero being at risk, but if Nero is your only project in that time, I'm sure it'll be ok. :)

I can't wait to start on Rosso - we should all do the orange/red contact lenses as well. >=D Oh~ EL Tape guy still hasn't emailed me back - what do we do? Pester him, or go with blue reflective tape/ribbon? o_O I really wanna do EL tape but it will be very difficult to wire (hiding batteries and inverters in costumes, mostly. Particularly with Rosso...)
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Number of posts : 7122
Transforms into : a crotchety old woman
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down
http://www.jvca.net.nz

Post By Pyro. 17/01/08, 03:22 pm

Hmm... Honestly, I think we should go with reflective tape.

The main reason is, after inspecting Nero's outfit, I've come to the conclusion he has a mass of blue on his wings, which wouldn't just be expensive to make with lots of of EL tape, but also had to cover. There's also your Rosso costume, which is very form fitting, and, of course, my straitjacket. Likely the EL tape'd be too bulky.

I think, seeing as you and I both are still technically just getting into cosplay, we take the easier, if slightly less impressive, option of the two. ;)

Also, for Nero's boots, do you have any ideas of where I could get them? I have big feet, so I need somewhere that has lots of sizes of shoes. I used to have a pair which might've worked if I recovered them, so I'll dig around for those, but otherwise I'm gonna need help there.
Pyro
Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 17/01/08, 03:32 pm

Ref pic for his boots? At the moment, I'm voting the menswear section of No1 Shoe Warehouse, lol. Mens sizes tend to go much bigger than womens sizes, so you should be able to find something.

I agree on the reflective tape - EL Tape would be awesome, but crazy expensive. It's apparently both very flexible and only about 2mm thick, so no problems with bulk, but you have to have an inverter and a battery pack with each 'circuit', and one inverter can only power so much tape before you have to use another inverter, or if a continuous strip was necessary, a bigger (bulkier) inverter. It's 'hiding' the inverters + batteries that are the issue for me - I can think of places to hide them, but there's really not enough space to hide the hardware for the strips on my stockings/boots - I'll need nearly 1.5m each leg, and unless I can fit one of those huge giant rectangular prism type battery packs into a hollowed out high heel, I don't think it's possible...

So, given that we're changing to reflective tape, where can it be sourced from? And should we try and find an exact colour/brand/size that we can all get a hold of or should one of us buy it for the lot of us and post it to the others?

And are you okay with it if this thread becomes a semi-ff7 Doc cosplay group discussion thread, 'coz if so, I'll PM Seraphik and tell her to come join us. XD Or, if not, should we even start one? It's easier to communicate in a thread than by PM between the three of us. o_O

EDIT: This kind of thing, only in longer strips and in blue seems like the stuff, and that comes from a Marine place, so seeing as my dad's a bit of a boaty, I might ask him if he knows where we could get it... o_O

EDIT EDIT: Looking at a random forum, Repco seems to be a viable option. o_O

EDIT EDIT EDIT (lol): If we were to buy online, this place seems pretty good - 37.5ft roll of reflective tape (1/2 inch wide) for $14 NZD. o_O I'm gunna wait for someone to reply now, lol, and go to bed. n_n;
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 17/01/08, 04:21 pm

I have no address bar, so to find the image of the boots, I'll have to give you instructions-

Search 'Nero the Sable wikia', then click on the option with 'Nero the Sable' as the title and ffwikia in the address. The page should have a profile render of Nero on it.

Right, then. We'll get reflective tape for now, and if we ever do glowy costumes again, we'll consider EL tape.

I think turn this into a general FFVII compilation cosplay thread, seeing as that's what it is, and then leave it at that, so Jen and such can post here for Tifa and such.

The 37.5 ft roll sounds like a good option.
Pyro
Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 18/01/08, 03:06 am

Personally, I'm thinking make the boots at the moment - use jandals as the soles (cut off the straps) and use a suitable fabric to make the rest - like making boot covers, really. Use this tutorial as a base? Otherwise, again, the mens department of any shoe store. Womens boots tend to have heels anyway, so that should help with size and heel level.

In that case, I'ma edt the title and PM Jen and Seraphik. Very Happy

If we remake these costumes we should so use EL tape - but yeah, the reflective tape sounds good for now. :3 Order straight online or try and get it from a local store?

EDIT: oh yeah, your address bar is available under the menu called 'view', except it might be called something like 'toolbar' instead. :3
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 18/01/08, 03:26 am

I think that sounds like a good option, but first I'll try and find my old boots.

They were the exact shape and size I need (they were huge on me when I was ten, loose on me when I was eleven, and kinda fumbly when I was twelve, so theoretically, they should be right now) I'd just need to cover them with PVC and then add buckles to the back.

Kewlio.

I agree. I don't really know what each of us should do... It'd be hard for me to pay someone back if we all got one person to buy it in bulk online, but that'd be the best way of obtaining it, I think. ;)

I've tried using that, many, many times before, and it don't work. >< Silly computer.
Pyro
Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post By seraphik. 18/01/08, 05:51 am

is the reflective tape blue? if so, then i think that's a far better option than EL tape... i saw a shelke that made her costume with it and it was incredibly expensive, so expensive that i doubt i'd be able to afford it because i'm saving for other things. ;
the reflective tape seems to have worked quite well on other DoC cosplays, so i'd go with that~ OTHER THAN THAT... i should probably start on my shelke soon...
seraphik
seraphik
transient mod of fury

Number of posts : 4598
Transforms into : a post-graduate
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 18/01/08, 02:48 pm

I'm planning on starting on Rosso once Skuld is out of the way. Very Happy But yeah, reflective tape can come in blue - a few posts up where I've said edit edit edit, theres a link and you can see a pic of the blue stuff on the side of a car Very Happy It looks awesome
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 18/01/08, 04:14 pm

I'm starting Nero during the last few days of my April holidays and then making him between then and Auckgeddon (all in all, six months to work on him, with only wig styling and item buying for my two other new cosplays, Mikami and Hatori)

One thing I'm curious about though, is if I should use thin PVC or heavier vinyl for the costume.

I'm thinking PVC, as we've all seen how OMGBBQDIZZLEGORGEOUS it looks on skin-tight suits (Mikaela (I think that's her name...?) used the same kind for the costume she wore at the Auckgeddon cosplay contest when she was judging) but I'm not sure, just based on how Nero's suit isn't all that shiny (save for the glowing bits, obviously)

Do you guys think that'd work?

One of the fabric stores we have in CHCH has a good range of PVC-vinyl type fabrics, so I shouldn't be at a loss for other stuff to choose from.

Also, can anyone recommend where to get my wig from? Also, contacts, seeing as from the sound of it we'll be using those and going to whole hog with the Tsviets. ;)
Pyro
Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 19/01/08, 01:37 pm

YAY CONTACTS. Jen got the perfect colour for us for her Etna cosplay - they're off trademe, but I'll get the name of the seller and colour. :3 (They sell lots of (new, lol) contacts, so I imagine they've got some excess stock, and we can just buy however many we need off them, or even order them). Does anyone besides me need prescription lenses?

Do the PVC - after watching Jen do Etna, Vinyl is a beautiful and wonderful person to work with, and won't flex like you need it to for Nero - PVC was probably what she should have worked with, but our spotlight only had vinyl... I'm sure a matte vinyl exists. Worst comes to worst, what did Flying Usagi use?

Cosworx was great for me, and they've just dropped their prices - but otherwise, there's a trader on ebay who Jen got her Kairi/Etna wig from - cosplaywig, I think - she really reccommended them.

YAY CONTACTS. Lol, I'm just excited about that after seeing Jen wear hers today. XD

I need to work out a cosplay timetable, so I can make sure nothing gets left out... x_x

@Seraphik: What else is on your cosplay schedule?

@Everyone: If we order reflective tape off that site, it's $14 for a 37ft or something roll of it, so should we order one roll each, or actually work out how much we want/need and split up a roll or two or three (lol) between us. And should we order in bulk for all three of us, or order seperately? Combining would save on shipping from them to us, but then we'd have to post it to the others, so I don't know if we'd still be saving... Also, what width tape should we get?

@Pyro: If paying back the order-er is a problem due to no internet banking, I'm quite happy to spot you and have you pay me back in person at Geddon or DO.
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 19/01/08, 01:54 pm

Uhm, I have no eye problems, so yes. If one person orders all the contacts to save on shipping, then that'd rawk.

(On that note- to Seraphik, just out of curiousity, will you be Shelke when she's in SND mode (glowy orange eyes) or standard blue-eyed Shelke?)

-laughs- I actually have fun working with vinyl (and PVC- they're my two favorite fabrics to work with) but I think you're right, so I'll use PVC in this circumstance.

I'm trying not to refer too much to Flying Usagi's Nero, just because I'll feel like I'm making a carbon copy of her costume if I do. ;) That said, I will still work off her for some part (IE. Those goddamn wings... >>)

I've heard both good and bad things about cosworx, but they seem to have decent stock and good selection in terms of style and colours, so I'll probably use them.

Ooh, what color contacts was Jen using?

And, um, regarding the reflective tape, I think one of us should buy three rolls of the long stuff, so we have lots to work with and plenty of leeway for mistakes/trials, and so we don't have to split one roll between us (I'm going to have to wait until I've actually made the wings, myself, to figure out how much I'll need for them. >>)

I'd say we need about three centimeters thick, myself.

Uhm, internet banking is fine for me, it's just the fact I don't use TradeMe (don't like the format of it and such, though I'll probably come around soon). But aside from that, I can go on E-bay, cosworx... Any of those places, I guess. ;)
Pyro
Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 19/01/08, 02:17 pm

Cosworx was good for me at least, I'll say that much. Though, then again, if you can't find a wig you like on cosworx, then there's not much point ordering from them. XD

Jen was using red contacts - she wanted scarlet red, but it was an orangey red instead - I'll take a photo at ACP for you. :3 Apparently they're really comfortable, too, so that's good. The seller was Fantasy Eyes I think (summat like that).

I still think it's funny that's she's a girl. XD I thought she was a guy coz it was so good, but apparently not. XD

Three centimetres? That's huge, isn't it? I was thinking half an inch (about 1.5cm) personally, but maybe our costumes might use different widths. That's an interesting thought, actually... Seraphik, when you're on, let us know what width you were thinking of - it'll probably be fine if we order rolls of different widths and still combine shipping. :3

EDIT: The widths are in inches, so just remember that 1 inch = 2.5cm. :) The widths available are: 1/10", 1/8", 1/6", 1/4", 1/2", 3/4", 1", 2", 3", and it also comes in 'DIY Sheets' (which you might need for your wings, Pyro?), in 24x4", 24x6", and 24x10". :3 If we order from that place, that is.
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 19/01/08, 02:29 pm

Orangey red? If you have a picture of those contacts, I'd like to see, as Nero's eyes are orangey red too. <3

xD I wonder how I'll look as Nero. I will bind, yes, but it'll be interesting to see how manly I look in the end with everything. xD

I'm going to look at my Nero reference now, because I think his strips are medium width.
Pyro
Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 19/01/08, 02:38 pm

Yeah - 'coz they're all mako'd up, they have the same coloured eyes, so we should try and get the same colour where possible. These are the ones that Jen got, but the picture is photoshopped, so doesn't really help. >.>; They're less pink in real life.

It will be interesting to see how manly a Nero you become - and I'm glad you're binding, although you probably have a little leeway thanks to your straightjacket, lol.
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 19/01/08, 02:48 pm

I think you and I should get those, as we've both got orangey-red eyes as Tsviets. ;)

xD

I honestly don't know how I'm going to survive in that damn convention in a PVC straightjacket. >>

Would it be possible, by the way, for me to stay with you the night before the last day of Auckgeddon, so that you can help me get into my Nero costume?

The mask'll be impossible to put on when I'm in the straightjacket, as will the wig (contacts I'll do beforehand, obviously. ;)) and quite honestly, I'd feel silly going to the convention by myself in the morning in a straightjacket (plus, I'll need mucho help carrying my wings to the actual place, for obvious reasons, and I don't know how I'll do it without help (I'd get my father to help me with everything, but honestly? I don't like getting him involved with my cosplay. He can't seperate between 'it looks good' and 'holy hell you look like you fell out of an ugly tree and hit every damn branch on the way down'. Seriously. It's annoying.)

Pretty please? For the sake of looking half-decent? <3

Also- I've been looking at Nero for a few minutes, and he seems to be two-centimeters thick for the blue. ;)

MONDAY: FF7: Dirge of Cerberus Tsviets Group Nero

Don't you agree?
Pyro
Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post By bekah. 19/01/08, 02:52 pm

Ho shii... you're making that?
DDD:
That looks as if it'll be a beast to make...

I admire you people that make your costumes, really.
Woah~
bekah
bekah
lucky*

Number of posts : 1132
Transforms into : your mom ;)
Registration date : 2007-11-30

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/staceyrebekah

Post By Pyro. 19/01/08, 03:04 pm

You think that's hard?

Look at what JVCA's doing.

Her's is even more bizarre, and in term of things, possibly slightly more difficult (if she makes the weapons)
Pyro
Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content