Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Too tall to cosplay this character?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Too tall to cosplay this character?
Post By cumber-kitty. 26/06/14, 08:39 am

I was planning to cosplay Ciel Phantomhive, when I suggested it to a friend her first reaction was "aren't you a little tall to be Ciel?".

Ciel is 5"0 in the first season and 5"2 in the second. And I found out I'm taller than I realised at 5"5.

Do you think 3 inches is a big deal?

Problem is she is going as Alois who is MY height, but she is shorter than me. AND Ciel wears heels.
cumber-kitty
cumber-kitty
Unexplanatory

Number of posts : 38
Transforms into : Smaug
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Too tall to cosplay this character? Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Too tall to cosplay this character?
Post By Rolly. 26/06/14, 03:34 pm

Nope! I don't think height matters too much at all! I mean, if you're the right height, and one of the character's defining trait is height (like Edward Elric), it would definitely be a great bonus! Even if you're too tall or too short for the character, chances are, people won't mind or notice, and will be too busy gushing over your cosplay or fandom to be nitpicky about it anyway (unless they were jerks or something).
Rolly
Rolly
forum prisoner.

Number of posts : 2918
Transforms into : a stylish shoe for the blind earthbender
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post By PIe. 26/06/14, 04:43 pm

There's no such thing as too tall (and this is coming from a 5'9 girl who cosplays characters as short as 5'). You're only 3 inches taller than him which is pretty much nothing any way and with some creative poses and shoe lifts for her to make her slightly taller, you really don't have an issue.

The only time height becomes and issue is when you're the tallest person in a group cosplaying the shortest character and even then, you can disguise that somewhat by seated poses, having someone stand on a box and not getting that in shot, etc.
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Number of posts : 2070
Transforms into : The Goddamn Batman
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down
http://Personified-Insanity.deviantart.com

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content