Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You know what would be awesome? If a whole group of us could travel to Japan :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Post By Tatsuhime. 25/10/12, 02:41 am

I'm not saying at this point in time it is feasible. nono But wouldn't that be awesome? If a whole bunch of us New Zealand Cosplayers could travel to Japan for a awesome Cosplay event ( I am a newbie so I know no cosplay events that aren't in New Zealand, but my friend Le-sange-bleu will know, she knows ... Evvverything Shocked ) and just have an over the top awesome time.

I do want to look at doing this in the future. We would have to fundraise :byebye: . Also with the younger cosplayers mayhaps get their parents permission (and also get their parents to sign a 'No matter what happens to my child it was not Tatsuhime's fault' kind of document sweatdrop )

I just love how awesome N.Z Cosplayers are. chuu~! Their vibe is amazing. The perfect group to travel to another country with. We can all practice fan girl screaming. Not saying this will happen...yet. Next year I will look at this seriously though I would have to have alot of support.

Just putting it out there Razz

Love you all

Tatsuhime! chuu~!

Just found an article from Japan Cosplay Events. Because I can't link it being a newbie not yet 7 days old and all. I have copied and pasted it.

Thank you, Mr. Takeda!

One of the most popular events run by JCF is a cosplay event at the Toshimaen amusement park. People love this event since they can go to a great location wearing costumes and have a good time with their friends and this event has so many backgrounds for photo shoots. Many cosplayers from oversees attend this event, so please come if you have a chance. Oh, when you attend an event, make sure that you have your business card with your name, an e-mail address, and URL (if you have a homepage). You can exchange the card at events to make friends. You may want to use your cosplay picture-it is fun and cool.

Take a look at all the pictures with this article!

Everyone is cute and looks great! Can you tell which characters they are cosplaying? Everyone says they want to enjoy cosplay with cosplayers from overseas. There is a term "awase," meaning that people create a team and do cosplay based on an anime or game of their choice. Some Japanese cosplayers want to do awase with cosplayers from overseas.

Like anime and manga, cosplay is now becoming a major part of Japanese pop culture and is embraced all over the world. It is so cool that people enjoy doing and watching cosplay now. It is so cool that people can understand each other beyond language differences. If more and more people come to enjoy cosplay and understand each other through cosplay, cosplay will be a culture that can save the world and the planet!!! It will bring us peace!!!

Hey, you! I know you also want to be a cosplayer... Just try it!

And if you are already an American cosplayer, please come to a cosplay event in Japan!
Tatsuhime
Tatsuhime
Tophat

Number of posts : 155
Transforms into : an A hole without coffee
Registration date : 2012-10-22

You know what would be awesome? If a whole group of us could travel to Japan :D Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: You know what would be awesome? If a whole group of us could travel to Japan :D
Post By 80486. 25/10/12, 07:58 am

I shall follow this thread with interest. I've been to Japan on my own, but didn't attend any otaku events. I expect I'll make another trip next year and it would be cool to travel with fellow cosplayers.
Unexplanatory

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-04-02

You know what would be awesome? If a whole group of us could travel to Japan :D Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: You know what would be awesome? If a whole group of us could travel to Japan :D
Post By Tatsuhime. 25/10/12, 09:27 am

80486 wrote:
I shall follow this thread with interest. I've been to Japan on my own, but didn't attend any otaku events. I expect I'll make another trip next year and it would be cool to travel with fellow cosplayers.

Yeah you should if you are interested. I haven't been to anywhere but Australia. You have been to Japan though so you would definitely be an asset. If this thread gets enough interest and people offer their help for fundraising etc I will seriously look into everything like flights, accomodation, events etc. I will need help though and brainstorming. Looots of brainstorming Very Happy

I just think it would be thee most awesomest thing for us N.z cosplayers to do Razz
Tatsuhime
Tatsuhime
Tophat

Back to top Go down

Post By kyokyogirl. 28/10/12, 01:38 am

Hmmm I would be somewhat interested in doing this one day. I have always liked the idea of visiting Japan at some point in my life. Not necessarily for cosplay but I'm sure it could be worked into a trip XD
kyokyogirl
kyokyogirl
fuzzeh duckling~

Number of posts : 1097
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 28/10/12, 02:31 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Cosplay_Summit

Definitely a goal one day. But several of us are going to AX in LA (US) next year. That's going to take a lot of money. And Japan is going to take even more. So ..., um, maybe one day.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Number of posts : 4033
Transforms into : This stylish saffron shirt.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down
http://skydrive.live.com/#cid=23D41AFD1F51E1F4

Post By Paul. 28/10/12, 04:01 pm

Maybe one day. Next years kind of booked up though Smile
Paul
Paul
Almighty

Number of posts : 395
Transforms into : Pokemon Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down
http://www.oldvcr.tv

Post By Pura. 28/10/12, 04:29 pm

I'm not really that interested in cosplaying in Japan, tbh. I don't think it would be too great, cause I've heard stuff about the cosplay over there. Idk, I'd rather go to other countries in the world to cosplay, not Japan. I'd love to visit Japan as a tourist, but not as a cosplayer, haha.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By Tatsuhime. 29/10/12, 03:56 am

It could be another country I just want to go to Japan as I heard their cosplay stores are amazing. My friend came baxk with heaps a few years ago and they were super awesome. Just a thought :)
Tatsuhime
Tatsuhime
Tophat

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 29/10/12, 08:21 am

I would say a guide is probably a really good thing in Japan. The reason I suggested WCS is it is an international event. Basically it is an international cosplay competition. But they must have many other large and small cons, some cosplay, some dojin, etc.
Well I have thought about Anime Festival Asia too.
I hear Malaysia is the best fabric shopping ever. And if you know enough about fabric China also has good fabric and otaku shopping.
I also recommend Melbourne. (There is a group going to PAX in Aussie. But I don't know anything about PAX.)
But like I say I will be going to AX in LA with a group of CNZer's next year. And there is only so much money and leave to go around.
I would also like to go to Dragon-Con and Sakuracon in the US. And there are so many other cons you could go to in the US. But at some stage I should start going to SCA events too.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Number of posts : 4033
Transforms into : This stylish saffron shirt.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down
http://skydrive.live.com/#cid=23D41AFD1F51E1F4

Post By 80486. 29/10/12, 11:21 am

In Japan, you don't need a special event to cosplay. I observed several groups of cosplayers in Japan even though I never went to any events. I'd say its generally fairly safe too, so long as the creepy otaku don't show up. Harajuku bridge for example has a reputation as a destination for cosplay; but when I went there it was infested with creepy American photographers hassling a small group of cosplayers.

To get the most out of Japan you need to speak the language, or have a guide to speaks the language. A lot of people I've talked to who have gone to Japan got culture shock and didn't enjoy it much. It causes trouble for the shopkeepers too. They want to explain their products, but can't communicate across the language barrier.

I'll make sure to get to some cosplay events next time I'm in Japan, and I'll report back on CNZ.
Unexplanatory

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post By AlisonPKD. 21/05/13, 12:19 pm

This sounds cool :3 I would so like to go to japan as a cosplayer, Last two times I went I was skiing with my family.
^_^ I think fundraising would be such a cool thing to do with NZ cosplayers ^_^
Sounds like a good idea.
I'd so be in on this *but I probably wouldn't be able to afford it...

~AlisonPKD
AlisonPKD
AlisonPKD
Soldier A

Number of posts : 9
Transforms into : Miku Hatsune ^_^
Registration date : 2013-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosplay New Zealand :: Cosplay :: General Cosplay Discussion-