Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to make a good help me thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
How to make a good help me thread
Post By Guest. 25/08/08, 02:26 pm

To ensure you get all the benefits you possibly can get from your thread, follow these guidelines and help should be on its way to you. :)

- Start out with a good thread subject. Be specific in what you call your thread. Don't try and impress us with the depth of your anguish and problem with titles such as "PLEASE HEALP MEEEE!#!#!#! ;___;"; use the space for a concise problem description instead such as "Need your opinions on how to pull off Kairi's keyblade".

- Make it easy to reply to.
Whilst we're usually a friendly bunch (albeit a little crazy) it won't hurt to be polite. Don't overwhelm us, try not exaggerate, and try to sound like you’re pro-active and willing to solve your problems with a little help.

- Please try and write coherently. Whilst this goes without saying, asking sloppily written questions won't get you anywhere; we'd rather spend our time elsewhere where help will be appreciated. Expressing your question clearly and well is important. If you can't be bothered to do that, we can't be bothered to pay attention.

- Be informative. Not all of us will know what character or series you are talking about. Post reference pictures - this is a must. State what version of your character you are doing - ie Cloud: FF7, FFAC or Crisis Core? List what you're willing to do (ie, order from E-bay) and aren't willing to do. List what you've tried/have thought of trying: this will promote idea-bouncing and get the brain juices flowing from other members.

- Don't expect us to do all the work for you. Cosplay is your hobby, your costume, your responsibility. Whilst it's great you've come to us asking for tips, ask us for what tips you need - wig, fabric, how to be in character, interpreting the picture into a design? If you don't do this, answerers will be overwhelmed and most likely won't answer at all. Break it down into chunks for us. And it'll save time - you won't have to wade through masses of posts of "uhh... what do you need help with?": you will straight away get the answers you want.

Good luck and happy question asking and answering. :)

Last edited by Aurellion on 13/07/09, 07:45 am; edited 6 times in total

How to make a good help me thread Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: How to make a good help me thread
Post By Guest. 25/08/08, 02:32 pm

Genius! Sticky?

How to make a good help me thread Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: How to make a good help me thread
Post By Guest. 25/08/08, 02:35 pm

;) Wasn't my idea~

Yeup, done and done. ^^