Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[PI's Sketchbook] It's time to C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-Cosplay!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: [PI's Sketchbook] It's time to C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-Cosplay!
Post By PIe. 15/07/13, 06:37 am

chiken_skratch wrote:
urg, you awesomeness makes me feel bad that I've been procrastinating like a mofo, lol. Awesome work on everything so far!!
I feel like I've been procrastinating ahaha. I really need to get started on Auckland stuff so that I can get angry at it and have days off sewing instead of working for 3 works straight through the anger. Thanks

Icarus wrote:
PIe wrote:
Icarus wrote:
YOUR AOBA JACKET, DANGGGGGGGG
and you need to calm down cause holycow I can't believe you made Haruka already *A* CRAZY SPEED AND TALENT
Dude I have stuff all talent, Haruka just kinda happened, I don't actually understand how I got him finished. I feel so inferior to most of you all.
I am proud of that jacket though, cropped jackets are a thing I for some reason am able to do really decently.
LIES, I think you're amazing I will fight you
Bring it.

While I'm replying I'll chuck up a couple of things. I've done Mariandale's wig from Ixion Saga DT. This is her
[PI's Sketchbook] It's time to C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-Cosplay! - Page 4 Horrib10

There's a lump of stuff on top of the first wig and under the second to get things so tall.
Spoiler:

Also Aoba progress
Spoiler:
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Number of posts : 2070
Transforms into : The Goddamn Batman
Registration date : 2009-04-09

[PI's Sketchbook] It's time to C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-Cosplay! - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://Personified-Insanity.deviantart.com

Post By monochromaticsky. 15/07/13, 09:07 am

Impressed at your sewing skills and amazing photos >3<////and don't you mean him ^#Mariandelyoutrap#stillamazedthatlelouchsvoiceactordidthis#imageslelouchinthatposition *wink wink*

Also HOW DO YOU STYLE YOUR FRINGES >3<///THEY LOOK SO NICE *A*
monochromaticsky
monochromaticsky
Le grande

Number of posts : 170
Transforms into : Tyki Mikk~
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/maylee.mclisky

Post By PIe. 15/07/13, 02:44 pm

monochromaticsky wrote:
Impressed at your sewing skills and amazing photos >3<////and don't you mean him ^#Mariandelyoutrap#stillamazedthatlelouchsvoiceactordidthis#imageslelouchinthatposition *wink wink*

Also HOW DO YOU STYLE YOUR FRINGES >3<///THEY LOOK SO NICE *A*

Thank you so much omg!
After that ending, definitely her ahahaha. I still get amazed when Docchitsukazu no Dynamite comes on shuffle, hearing FukuJun switch between voices in the show was impressive but hearing him use them both in one song and it just baffles me. Totally Lelouch and CC's love child.

A lot of hair spray and a hair drier (to speed up drying cause I'm lazy and because a bit of heat helps teach the fibers their new place) if it's a wig I will reuse or if it's a fringe like Marian's that's all together. For things like Aoba's fringe that have a bunch of different spiky bits I still use a mega-tonne of hairspray but also use a bit of craft glue on the ends to keep everything together. I often worry I go over the top with my fringes so that's really awesome to hear =D
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By brunetteyes. 15/07/13, 06:25 pm

I cant believe the speed that you pop out amazing cosplays! Very impressive :)
brunetteyes
brunetteyes
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post By PIe. 17/07/13, 02:07 pm

brunetteyes wrote:
I cant believe the speed that you pop out amazing cosplays! Very impressive :)
I wish I was faster, though I guess spending more time on things can be attributed to the fact I'm sewing them a lot better now days. Thank you so much.
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By PIe. 15/09/13, 01:45 am

Welcome to procrastination and making things I'm not meant to, the sketchbook.
No, seriously.

As far as progress for upcoming things goes, I've done Jolyne's wig. The base of this is actually my Ririchiyo wig, cut short and the length of it is wrapped, sprayed and glued around balls of stuffing for the buns which were then sewn in place. There was a few long bits left in the front of the wig to wrap into the buns as well to make them look less stuck on. The pink for the braids is an entire wig that I unpicked the wefts from. I cut the fringe area of the purple wig down to just a couple of millimeters and went to town on sewing in pink wefts. The braid that goes back and wraps around the right bun is also part of the fringe section of hair. The other braid is sewn to the bun and wraps from there. At the back where the two thinner braids join to form the thicker one there are a fre lines of pink wefts sewn in where they wont be seen so that it looks like the two thin braids are all that's involved in this miraculously thick one but we all know that's not how hair, or wigs work.
Spoiler:

I do not have images of Togami's or Kents wig as they aren't particularly impressive (I died the bottom back of Kent's green but apart from that it was just fringe styling really) but they are done. Finding glasses for Togami is hard.

I've begun everyone's costumes in some way. Mostly pants. I spent a good 2-3 weeks laying about in bed feeling sorry for myself so no work got done there but how hard can it be to finish at least the 3 costumes I need to need to have done in the time left.

Annnd as far as costumes that I wasn't meant to make go.
I 've styled most of a Durbe (ZeXal II) wig, need to get some wefts in the right colour to add to the back peaks if I'm going to finish it properly though. This was a spur of the moment "I want to style a wig but not one I need to style" thing. I will cosplay his modern day human form properly at some point though because he's a cutie.
Spoiler:

Then also from ZeXal II I decided "hey why not style as many human form barian wigs as you have the wigs for?" and did Mizael's. I then went a tad over board with this seeing as I had all the materials needed minus a bit of glue and gold spray paint and made his past life version.
The armour is just craft foam heated into shape with any extra bits glued on to it, cheap lycra glued over the top with a good quality craft glue and then a million coats of cheap craft glue until it was completely sealed and shiny before painting. I was running out of time (literally glued the shoulder armour bits together while in the rest of the costume as we were running out of fine weather to shoot in) so the pieces are hot glued together. There is also a strap that goes around my upper arm to keep it in place.

The silver on the skirt, thing is spare stretch vinyl from Jolyne and the light gold fabric has pintucks on the back where ever there's a line to not only get the lines there but I had hardly any so I was saving fabric. Waist band has interfacing on both sides to keep it stiff.

Um, tunic and pants are self explanatory and shoes are just shoes that I painted gold and silver. Sword took some modification to the hilt with craft foam, a bead and some glue but it was just re-purposing one that we already had.

The sheath for the sword is made from the same vinyl used for the straps across his chest and that the armour skirt panel-y bits hang off. The straps are just top stitched vinyl and the sheath was sewn inside out then turned in the right way.

There was some mega open shirt binding going on with this (I have bruises from some of the more load-bearing strips of tape), In a couple of shots it was a bit visible at the armpits and you can probably tell the ones where I edited it to look less tape-y because lol I suck at shopping stuff.
Spoiler:

ALSO Nanase Haruka Splash Free shoot got done.
Spoiler:

Both shoots are by Vanessa.
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By PIe. 11/10/13, 10:20 am

Annnnd One costume for Auckgeddon complete. Here's hoping I can at least get Kent and Hisoka finished in time to make my new Alibaba costume as well before Armageddon.

So I've been working on this version of Jolyne for the past 5 (?) days
Spoiler:

The silver fabric is stretch vinyl, sewn with a twin stretch needle. The pink parts are a translucent plastic sheeting over the top of the silver fabric to stop it from being see through and keep it bright. I couldn't find any in the correct colour without having to do this. All lines have been drawn on with an ultra fine tip sharpie pen.
The squares on the bottoms of the pants, the thighs and the belt buckle are all cut from ice cream containers. Then I glued white fabric over them to give myself a base for painting. After a fair few coats of paint I put 3 coats of cheap craft glue over the top.
Shoes are just flat ankle boots spray painted silver and the navel piercing pieces are made from polymer clay.

I've posted about the wig before in here. Make up wise I need to go shopping for some brighter pink lipstick and some fuller false lashes, I was wearing both top and lower lashes when I did a make-up test this afternoon and they didn't quite cut it as far as giving me the effect I wanted.

Anywho, pictures
Spoiler:
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By thewolfsbane. 11/10/13, 02:18 pm

Wow! I am so jealous. I need to get off my butt and do something. Looks so good! nodnod 
thewolfsbane
thewolfsbane
Banana

Number of posts : 109
Transforms into : a dumb zombie
Registration date : 2013-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post By PIe. 29/10/13, 10:13 am

thewolfsbane wrote:
Wow! I am so jealous. I need to get off my butt and do something. Looks so good! nodnod 
Don't be jealous, the fortnight before geddon was constant cry intercepted with denial and anger.

So everything for geddon is over so this is going to be a bit of a lengthy post as I'm going to explain things for Hisoka in a bit of detail as I got a lot of questions about what my rings were made of and about my wig.

Rings first. This is how I did all the waist and arm/ankle/neck rings.
Spoiler:
The pale green and yellow fabric is 4 way stretch, matte nylon lycra. Each ring is sewn separately. First a tube of lycra is made that flexible irrigation pipe was threaded through. Elastic large enough to stretch over whatever is in the way of it getting to its destination is threaded through the pipe and tied/sewn.
Spoiler:
After pipe threaded with elastic of the correct length is pushed into the sleeve the ring is sewn up. Each ring is then sewn to the next to create a stack.
Spoiler:
Things like the waist had to be done in 3 parts in order to be able to fit them over my chest and the ankle rings were all completely independent. I worse a corset under the costume to keep his waist shape and to keep the rings from stretching too far out of place. You can see the separation in the groups of waist rings here while stretching for this pose.
Spoiler:

The wig was relatively simple as I have previously done his wig before but decided to use a lace front. I'll spoiler the progress as I took a fair few progress pics. Glue, heat and hair spray are your best friends.
Spoiler:

I also did Kent, Jolyne and 2 versions of Alibaba over the weekend so here is was my Geddon line up.
Spoiler:
Any questions just ask.
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By PIe. 30/12/13, 01:37 pm

I suppose, since it's almost the 31st I should do a year end post. I've made a fair few costumes this year so I'll post pictures and then do a summary of things I suppose (cause I totally haven't already done this in other places... um)
Spoiler:
Overall this year has been great for cosplay. I've been to more Armageddons in one year than I ever have (and for the first time in my life been to all days of an auckgeddon). I've cosplayed in groups for the first time since Wellygeddon Synchronicity group and had a lot of fun hanging out with cosplayers from the same series.
Entering the comp at Hamilton and being able to dance on stage for the first time since I injured my hip was great fun. I know it wasn't the best and we still could have tweaked it a bit but I have to give Court massive props for dancing in those tails, even if she was only wearing 6 out of the 9.
Another highlight was cosplaying for fandoms that are smaller/massively under represented in the cosplay scene. Specifically, Hunter x Hunter, YuGiOh! ZeXal, Phi Brain and JJBA. Next year I hope to continue with cosplays from all 4 and add Inazuma Eleven to the mix (I have fabric for Kariya's Raimon uniform and want to perhaps to Shindou or Kirino's Avatar Armed).
This year was also the first year I got serious about wigs. I've done a bit of shounen hair and mixing two wigs together to get multicolored hair before but nothing on the scale of Hisoka or Jolyne. I really enjoy the challenge of doing a crazy looking hairstyle and I hope to keep increasing my skill as far as they go next year.
Prop wise I also massively leveled up. After having Dad's help with Hecate for Sinon, I began to increase the amount of props I made, special mention goes to Ririchiyo's weapon which is the first weapon I made by myself using hardware. Also this is the first year I've made armour. While Mizael's isn't all that impressive and I'm still just making it out of craft foam due to being a cheapass, I've already come a fair way as the armour I'm slowly putting together for Vector is a huge improvement.
I hope to get to continue improving like this and cosplaying with more of you in the new year!
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Seakittens. 31/12/13, 01:01 pm

Your kent cosplay is absolutely fantastic.
Seakittens
Seakittens
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 522
Transforms into : Ranka~!!
Registration date : 2011-07-05

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/xSeakittens

Post By PIe. 21/01/14, 08:55 am

Seakittens wrote:
Your kent cosplay is absolutely fantastic.
Thank you! A couple of the belts didn't sit right but when I do a proper shoot for it I will have fixed them and have made sure they do!
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By thewolfsbane. 27/01/14, 12:28 pm

Where do you get your wigs from!!!!!?????
thewolfsbane
thewolfsbane
Banana

Number of posts : 109
Transforms into : a dumb zombie
Registration date : 2013-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post By PIe. 04/02/14, 01:53 pm

thewolfsbane wrote:
Where do you get your wigs from!!!!!?????
Taobao and Ebay usually. My Hisoka wig came from Arda. Here's a bit of stuff about taobao and shops that sell good wigs http://pastebin.com/B2KSFQUM https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah--YzOvA37wdDFLclhpelRRbFlkTnNVaGk0X2tJbkE&pli=1#gid=0
Ebay can be hit or miss with wigs but places like wig-fashion I've had decent luck with.

I've done my first 2 cosplays of the year which I did photos shoot with Vanessa for today. It was nice to cosplay a character with a body type close to mine (instead of 15 year old boys ahaha). I made Bellow's from Suisei no Gargantia's bikini and default outfit. Turns out bikini's aren't as hard to make as I thought they would be, I've been afraid of making swimwear for ages because I thought there was some kind of hidden difficulty I couldn't learn about by unpicking a bikini and looking at the bits.
Bellow are a couple of images from the shoots that show the costumes decently, beware for kinda skimpy bikini bottoms as far as the butt goes, I guess. Nothing shocking ahaha.
Spoiler:
I also learnt that photoshopping off a rib tattoo when you're wearing something that patially covers it and suck with photoshop is really hard.

We also did some location shots for Jolyne which got me A LOT of attention from other people near by. It was a bit embarrassing.
Spoiler:
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By PIe. 18/04/14, 08:25 pm

I'm really just posting in my thread to say that I won't be updating here much anymore as I have created a cosplay tumblr to post my progress/shoots on at [url=pi-cosplay.tumblr.com]pi-cosplay.tumblr.com[/url]

I've been working on my costumes for the upcoming Hamilton and Wellington Armageddons and have finished both my Hamilton costumes (Bellows and Prince Vector). I've already posted Bellows pictures in this thread so below is a pic of Vector, more pics will shortly be up on my tumblr and there is progress there of the costume.
[PI's Sketchbook] It's time to C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-Cosplay! - Page 4 Img_0711
I've also begun work on things like my Babydoll costume and Kariya fore InaGO for Wellington. I need to get a start on Pino from VVV too. Ahh, there's so much work to do.
I'm sorry for pretty much abandoning this thread but with how much harder it is to update than tumblr, I'm letting my laziness get the better of me.
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By chiken_skratch. 22/04/14, 07:27 am

Everything is looking good Chonny!! *goes to stalk you tumblr* But I feel I speak for the whole NZ cosplay community when I say that I am thoroughly jealous of your talent and speed at making cosplays
chiken_skratch
chiken_skratch
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 606
Transforms into : somebody more useful
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down
http://cosplayfromskratch.deviantart.com

Post By PIe. 22/04/14, 07:43 am

chiken_skratch wrote:
Everything is looking good Chonny!! *goes to stalk you tumblr* But I feel I speak for the whole NZ cosplay community when I say that I am thoroughly jealous of your talent and speed at making cosplays
Gurrrrl, a lot of people are more talented than me. I'm getting better but wow, I'm still in awe of what a lot of the cosplayers here can do. One day I'll be able to complete my planned Barian Lords with Durbe's knight armour though. I'll get there.
Thanks though also weren't you meant to text me over the weekend or something I didn't want to text you first because I hate texting first but yeah
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By chiken_skratch. 22/04/14, 08:28 am

Yeah whatever, your amazing and you know it, lmao.
And lol, yeah I was, but then I ran out of credit, lol. I'll fb message you instead haha
chiken_skratch
chiken_skratch
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 606
Transforms into : somebody more useful
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down
http://cosplayfromskratch.deviantart.com

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

[PI's Sketchbook] It's time to C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-Cosplay!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosplay New Zealand :: Cosplay :: CNZ Sketchbooks-