Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ossu, minna.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Ossu, minna.
Post By tashamanx1. 25/07/11, 07:14 am

hey there matey welcome to CNZ! Very Happy
tashamanx1
tashamanx1
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 506
Transforms into : Kim Jongin (Kai)'s wife......oh wait.... i already am XD
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Ossu, minna. - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Yush. 25/07/11, 10:42 am

tashamanx1 wrote:
hey there matey welcome to CNZ! Very Happy

Thanks mate-urr....matey.
Yush
Yush
seXAH <3

Number of posts : 91
Transforms into : Azn to Blackman bruh.
Registration date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down
http://mrotakushodo.deviantart.com/

Post By yangrou. 25/07/11, 03:15 pm

@Yush: Sunday. Uh, it's from the anime Inazuma Eleven
yangrou
yangrou
Superman

Number of posts : 276
Transforms into : sheep
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post By Aikome. 25/07/11, 04:04 pm

Welcome~
Saw your art thread. Love your style
nodnod
Aikome
Aikome
TEH WIZARD OF OZ.

Number of posts : 1564
Transforms into : TROLL :3
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post By Yush. 26/07/11, 10:05 am

rasenganchidori987 wrote:
@Yush: Sunday. Uh, it's from the anime Inazuma Eleven

Lol I haven't seen Inazuma Eleven, but yeah I did see you :L

Aikome wrote:
Welcome~
Saw your art thread. Love your style
nodnod

Tyvm~
Yush
Yush
seXAH <3

Back to top Go down

Post By kilometres1. 26/07/11, 11:48 am

hey there dude! welcome to CNZ ^_^ enjoy your stay!
kilometres1
kilometres1
paoupu fruit

Number of posts : 465
Transforms into : Yixing
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS7i-9hr5YyMQSRQ-EO3vVg

Post By Duckeh. 26/07/11, 04:25 pm

Hey~ Welcome to CNZ. C:

Gaijin's efforts? Do you mean yourself? Does this mean you're going to attempt cosplay too? 8D What costume are you thinking of?!
Duckeh
Duckeh
GOD of all things EPIC

Number of posts : 6842
Transforms into : YO BUTT.
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down
http://www.duckeh.com

Post By Yush. 26/07/11, 04:33 pm

Duckeh wrote:
Hey~ Welcome to CNZ. C:

Gaijin's efforts? Do you mean yourself? Does this mean you're going to attempt cosplay too? 8D What costume are you thinking of?!

Nah I meant the non-asian cosplaying XD I mean, I'm asian, been around the asian cosplayers a lot, and such and such, so I wanna see what you guys can do as well. I'd like to see that rare occassion when I get to meet the perfect cosplayer Ossu, minna. - Page 2 519410 and just totally HNNNNNNNNGHHHHH really bad.

Me, cosplay? Oh hella no xD I'm too much of a critic, and if I saw myself pull-off a bad impression of a character, I'd hang myself :L I've worn an akatsuki cloak and headband that my friend had once...and that's about it :L Heck, if I'm this strict with myself I'm gonna have to find me some brown-coloured anime characters O_O
Yush
Yush
seXAH <3

Back to top Go down

Post By Duckeh. 26/07/11, 04:41 pm

Oh, I thought gaijin just meant not japanese, not just not asian, lol, misunnnderrrstanddding.

In New Zealand we're less strict on the accuracy and more about the technical work and enjoyment. But I understand wanting to do a character as accurate as possible, it always is an aim, I just generally put practicality ahead of it. C:

You should try cosplay sometime though, having cosplayed you'll hnggghhh double hard when you meet that perfect cosplayer, since you'll have a new found appreciation for dat detailing. ;D
Duckeh
Duckeh
GOD of all things EPIC

Number of posts : 6842
Transforms into : YO BUTT.
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down
http://www.duckeh.com

Post By seraphik. 26/07/11, 04:42 pm

please know that gaijin can be interpreted as an offensive term by some. (:
seraphik
seraphik
transient mod of fury

Number of posts : 4598
Transforms into : a post-graduate
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post By Kitty of Doom. 26/07/11, 04:45 pm

Welcome to CNZ!

I don't mean to cause problems here and I understand you probably want distinctive posts but could you please not constantly type in italics? It hurts my eyes to read your posts and I have to strain them because I find it quite difficult to read.

I hope you enjoy your time here!
Kitty of Doom
Kitty of Doom
Winner of the Beginner's Luck Award

Number of posts : 927
Transforms into : giant-omnomnoming-cookie-mon
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post By Icarus. 26/07/11, 04:48 pm

Yush wrote:
Heck, if I'm this strict with myself I'm gonna have to find me some brown-coloured anime characters
chill buddy, cosplay isn't about perfection or matching yourself EXACTLY to a character, it's just a fun hobby~ and the aspect of molding yourself into another character is a part of process of cosplay~~ I wasn't born with blonde hair and blue eyes, yet my avatar says otherwise C:

hope you have fun here~~
Icarus
Icarus
ACB King '10

Number of posts : 3485
Transforms into : a dancing octopus
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down
http://icarus-cos.tumblr.com/

Post By Yush. 26/07/11, 04:52 pm

Duckeh wrote:
Oh, I thought gaijin just meant not japanese, not just not asian, lol, misunnnderrrstanddding.

In New Zealand we're less strict on the accuracy and more about the technical work and enjoyment. But I understand wanting to do a character as accurate as possible, it always is an aim, I just generally put practicality ahead of it. C:

You should try cosplay sometime though, having cosplayed you'll hnggghhh double hard when you meet that perfect cosplayer, since you'll have a new found appreciation for dat detailing. ;D

Gaijin does mean foreigner, but ya know, most asians look similar Razz

seraphik wrote:

Bah, common sense, just interpret it the nice way :L

Kitty of Doom wrote:
Welcome to CNZ!

I don't mean to cause problems here and I understand you probably want distinctive posts but could you please not constantly type in italics? It hurts my eyes to read your posts and I have to strain them because I find it quite difficult to read.

I hope you enjoy your time here!

Urg, it's a habit, but if you say so.

Icarus wrote:
Yush wrote:
Heck, if I'm this strict with myself I'm gonna have to find me some brown-coloured anime characters
chill buddy, cosplay isn't about perfection or matching yourself EXACTLY to a character, it's just a fun hobby~ and the aspect of molding yourself into another character is a part of process of cosplay~~ I wasn't born with blonde hair and blue eyes, yet my avatar says otherwise C:

hope you have fun here~~

But those are things that you can modify (wig and contact lenses). Skin? Painting myself...? xD
Yush
Yush
seXAH <3

Back to top Go down

Post By commandercandyfloss. 26/07/11, 04:55 pm

(: Painting yourself is something cosplayers will also do. Just look at Homestuck cosplayers, they paint their skin to be a different race. I've seen some cosplayers use fake tans or foundation to make themselves darker or lighter for a certain character.
The fun of cosplay is that you can do nearly anything as long as you put your mind to it! Very Happy
commandercandyfloss
commandercandyfloss
banana in pajamas ;O

Number of posts : 879
Transforms into : a candyfloss princess
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post By Icarus. 26/07/11, 05:03 pm

Yush wrote:
seraphik wrote:

Please realise that even though you don't see how offensive this term can be, others do take offensive. (I am repeating this, as you seem to have brushed it off the first time) It wouldn't be nice if I were to refer to you as something you didn't like, right?

Yush wrote:
But those are things that you can modify (wig and contact lenses). Skin? Painting myself...? xD
ah. ya.
Exactly what Rengen said C:
Icarus
Icarus
ACB King '10

Back to top Go down

Post By Yush. 26/07/11, 05:04 pm

Icarus wrote:
Yush wrote:
seraphik wrote:

Please realise that even though you don't see how offensive this term can be, others do take offensive. (I am repeating this, as you seem to have brushed it off the first time) It wouldn't be nice if I were to refer to you as something you didn't like, right?

Yush wrote:
ah. ya.
Exactly what Rengen said C:

Chill, first time I ever used it Ossu, minna. - Page 2 875635
My japanese teacher uses it, so.
And I do realize the I can't use it again. :\

XOrengenOX wrote:
(: Painting yourself is something cosplayers will also do. Just look at Homestuck cosplayers, they paint their skin to be a different race. I've seen some cosplayers use fake tans or foundation to make themselves darker or lighter for a certain character.
The fun of cosplay is that you can do nearly anything as long as you put your mind to it! Very Happy

Could you show me some photos? Most people I've seen couldn't pull it off very well.

MOD: Please don't double post. Use the edit button instead.
Yush
Yush
seXAH <3

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 26/07/11, 05:09 pm

Yush wrote:

Hey! Welcome to CNZ Razz. I see you don't cosplay, but you should try it some time Razz

I know someone who uses white-based makeup to make her skin whiter, so if skin colour is a concern for you, using a whiter foundation could change your skin tone.

Also, I think the fact is, gaijin means foreigners and you pretty much called us foreigners in our own country Razz. I take gaijin to be a term used in Japan to mean non-japanese people living/not living in Japan, but using it outside of Japan doesn't really make sense to me. Razz
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By commandercandyfloss. 26/07/11, 05:10 pm

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo7ru3rOdC1qgp5aro1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1311768463&Signature=uQDm7Hx%2BWsECd%2FNtVpSlqTmpmLM%3D

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lojy3wgkPX1qdvbo8o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1311768444&Signature=2jJX3EjWCSlAvAU0GGHLmtZb%2Bbo%3D

http://img.kyon.pl/static/thumb/17824.jpg

Uh, I'm not very good with html to make the picture appear in here. xD

commandercandyfloss
commandercandyfloss
banana in pajamas ;O

Number of posts : 879
Transforms into : a candyfloss princess
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post By Icarus. 26/07/11, 05:10 pm

@Yush: My apologies, but I figured we're all speaking pretty openly with our opinions so why not have my input, just making things clear C:

and as for the painting yourself thing http://the-sushi-monster.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3joafn
Icarus
Icarus
ACB King '10

Back to top Go down

Post By Yush. 26/07/11, 05:34 pm

@Pura

Cosplaying is something Japanese...so...lolidunno. x_____x

@XOrengenOX

Just use the 'img' tags :L And thanks I'll check them out later.

@Icarus

Bah, let's just leave it at that :L I'll check those out later too.
Yush
Yush
seXAH <3

Back to top Go down

Post By Lowkey. 26/07/11, 05:39 pm

Yush wrote:
@Pura

Cosplay actually has roots in Western nerds dressing up for conventions as far as I am aware? Ask some comic-book "cosplayers" what cosplay is and they may not even know. It sounds like maid costume bedroom play to folks that don't know.

Plus, hey, not every animanga character is Japanese.
Lowkey
Lowkey
Ultimatum

Number of posts : 233
Transforms into : wolf-rayet star
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 26/07/11, 05:41 pm

Yush wrote:
@Pura

As far as I remember cosplay started in America, but was named by a Japanese guy while he was over there Razz.
Also, I'd think gaijin refers to people, not hobbies, but I don't really pay attention to Japanese word meanings, so I could be wrong Razz
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By damian. 26/07/11, 09:03 pm

hello yush,

as someone who originates from the general area of your corner of the world (i'm malaysian with malay blood, have been mis-identified as filipino, mexican, italian, latina etc etc etc) i suppose i count as one of the darker-skinned asians-- i'm not super dark skinned but i'm definitely not really pale either. honestly speaking i think you are either around the same tone as me or slightly paler maybe.
skintone doesn't stop me from cosplaying characters who are more than several shades paler than me or (lately) darker than me. lighter foundation and white finishing powder for the former and darker foundation for the latter. once, with the right foundation, i made myself look caucasian-- i lament that i do not own this foundation any longer and it's too expensive for me as well.
obviously there are limitations to how much lighter or darker one can make themselves look without starting to look made up so i don't fuss too much-- my sebastian isn't as pale as i'd like and my fran not as dark.

also you mention you haven't cosplayed before? not sure if you personally count the akatsuki coat and headband as one or not.
don't worry about messing up your first time. not to sound mean but it's almost guaranteed you will, unless you have prior technical skills before you start (sewing/propmaking/wigstyling) as most cosplayers learn all these skills after starting. i started at the end of 07, and i still frequently mess up. just roll with it and try to improve the next time round. we are all our own worst critic, and chances are you don't actually look as bad as you think you do.

kicking the dead horse here re: cosplay's roots, but pura is right. the name cosplay was coined in 1984 by a japanese man attending an american convention. the term 'cosplay' is definitely japanese, but it was coined to describe an american phenomenon.

all things said, i want to add a belated welcome to CNZ and i do sincerely hope you enjoy it here.
damian
damian
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002940450082

Post By Guest. 27/07/11, 04:55 am

Welcome to CNZ~

I stalked your deviantArt
you are extremely talented O_O

Back to top Go down

Post By Yush. 27/07/11, 10:54 am

Lowkey wrote:
Yush wrote:
@Pura

Cosplay actually has roots in Western nerds dressing up for conventions as far as I am aware? Ask some comic-book "cosplayers" what cosplay is and they may not even know. It sounds like maid costume bedroom play to folks that don't know.

Plus, hey, not every animanga character is Japanese.

Oh is that so, well that's a fun fact.

Pura wrote:
Yush wrote:
@Pura

As far as I remember cosplay started in America, but was named by a Japanese guy while he was over there Razz.
Also, I'd think gaijin refers to people, not hobbies, but I don't really pay attention to Japanese word meanings, so I could be wrong Razz

But I did use it for people O_o
Like I said can we just leave it at that :L

damian wrote:
hello yush,

as someone who originates from the general area of your corner of the world (i'm malaysian with malay blood, have been mis-identified as filipino, mexican, italian, latina etc etc etc) i suppose i count as one of the darker-skinned asians-- i'm not super dark skinned but i'm definitely not really pale either. honestly speaking i think you are either around the same tone as me or slightly paler maybe.
skintone doesn't stop me from cosplaying characters who are more than several shades paler than me or (lately) darker than me. lighter foundation and white finishing powder for the former and darker foundation for the latter. once, with the right foundation, i made myself look caucasian-- i lament that i do not own this foundation any longer and it's too expensive for me as well.
obviously there are limitations to how much lighter or darker one can make themselves look without starting to look made up so i don't fuss too much-- my sebastian isn't as pale as i'd like and my fran not as dark.

also you mention you haven't cosplayed before? not sure if you personally count the akatsuki coat and headband as one or not.
don't worry about messing up your first time. not to sound mean but it's almost guaranteed you will, unless you have prior technical skills before you start (sewing/propmaking/wigstyling) as most cosplayers learn all these skills after starting. i started at the end of 07, and i still frequently mess up. just roll with it and try to improve the next time round. we are all our own worst critic, and chances are you don't actually look as bad as you think you do.

kicking the dead horse here re: cosplay's roots, but pura is right. the name cosplay was coined in 1984 by a japanese man attending an american convention. the term 'cosplay' is definitely japanese, but it was coined to describe an american phenomenon.

all things said, i want to add a belated welcome to CNZ and i do sincerely hope you enjoy it here.

There are other things that I observe for cosplaying (as an artist, I just look at everything: from the shape of the face to the height and aaaall that, so I don't even bother :L I'm not too fond of cosplaying myself anyways, so I think I'm going to leave it to you guys.

Straight to the point: I don't cosplay cuz I don't wanna >_> But I like seeing people cosplay.

Jizzoka wrote:
Welcome to CNZ~

I stalked your deviantArt
you are extremely talented O_O

Lol yay for stalkers :L And thank you.
Yush
Yush
seXAH <3