Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PSN DOWN

Go to page : Previous  1, 2
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: PSN DOWN
Post By yummas. 01/05/11, 12:44 pm

Implying PC gaming isn't dead, also sony has released another statment after their press confrence earlier today

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/01/some-playstation-network-and-qriocity-services-to-be-available-this-week/

basically their upping the security and giving 1month free PSN+ and 1month free Quriocity (who actually uses that
yummas
yummas
Almighty

Number of posts : 393
Transforms into : the one the only STEAK
Registration date : 2011-04-04

PSN DOWN  - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 01/05/11, 01:09 pm

Casey wrote:
^I'm saying things would be less complicated that way. However, most people play online games now so my opinion is invalid.

tbph your opinion is invalid anyway bc 'less complicated' ≠ better, regardless of how many people use or don't use whatever 'complicated' service or product

topic related:

http://www.destructoid.com/microsoft-psn-outages-are-bad-but-xbox-live-is-okay--199469.phtml
stay classy, microsoft

PSN DOWN  - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By hyolee123. 02/05/11, 10:00 am

Really...? LIVE is mainly online gameplay, I find it simple, my Xbox auto connects to the interwebs and tells me who is online. I can make a party and we decide what game we're gonna play and then I boot up the game from my drive, because the game is installed onto my xbox HDD. I only need the disk to boot up the game like PC games. Only reason I'd rather online game on the Xbox is because PC hax and cheaters, you come across them less often on consoles. Also the separate monthly subs you have for some PC games rather than one overall sub for many games. I prefer console online gaming imo

anywho more topic related...
PSN people are complaining because:
a) Their Credit Card info has been taken and...
b) They can't play online (Mainly COD 12yrolds) or make purchases online.

All I've heard about Quriocity was it's a music application kinda like iTunes but all your stuff streams off the internet or something....I was gonna check it out. But PSN servers crashed as soon as I tried to. It's pretty new only just released don't think many people use it. Might be aimed for the Sony Bravia internet TV sets they released last year. Using PSN as the server to further in Sony's profits. Seems they are shoving a lot into their Play Station branch. I mean with Quriocity a music app, Digital comics, Online gaming and purchases. All under the PSN network instead of having their separate ones (Aiming more towards Music and comics). Then keeping Credit Card details on the same servers *facepalm* any company would know to keep them encrypted on a separate server that only connects to the main one/s with a link that would shut down as soon as a foreign source extracts information without taking the correct set procedures.

My little last note of news, be it happy or not. IGN announced that Sony was gonna try get PSN back up in the next week (This was said a while ago) Est time the 3rd of May. Meaning it'll be the 4th for us. And they said if time is needed to make their servers more secure they will take the time in doing so.

AHH MAH GOOOSH I SOUND LIKE SUCH A GEEK!!!! this is what happens when your dad is a gamer/programmer
hyolee123
hyolee123
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 547
Transforms into : Silent Magician
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PSN DOWN  - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyolee123.deviantart.com

Post By Lexicon. 02/05/11, 02:54 pm

re: microsoft talkan 'bout live during psn outage

it makes enough sense. why lay low when your greatest competitor has royally physics up. time for capitalism! etcetc.

also everyone talking about hacks being only on computers:

no

do you even play pc games

have you ever played an online wii game

do you connect to the first server you see

do you report hackers and cheaters

play a real game

Lexicon
HOT DIGGITY DOG

Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PSN DOWN  - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By mystix-candy. 02/05/11, 03:26 pm

I agree with Casey that keeping things simple like game in -> play -> game out would've saved everyone the trouble. If they wanna play with someone, have that lazy bum friend come over to their house >:'I
mystix-candy
mystix-candy
forum prisoner.

Number of posts : 2542
Transforms into : 5th Generation Anti Shadow Suppression Weapon
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PSN DOWN  - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://mystix-candy.deviantart.com

Post By Lexicon. 03/05/11, 09:06 am

... wow

i'm actually appalled that people think like this

Lexicon
HOT DIGGITY DOG

Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PSN DOWN  - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By hyolee123. 03/05/11, 10:20 am

I don't think gaming has ever been that simple xD Think history...
~Finding the right channel in the old Intelevision, Sega and Activision times
~Actually getting to the front of the line in them Arcade games so you actually got a turn
~That LONG dragging install on PC games
~Setting up that Brand New PS when they first came out
~Trying to figure out LIVE/PSN for the first time when they came online

I think finding the right game is a challenge xP
Nothing new from sony that I've checked at the moment.
hyolee123
hyolee123
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 547
Transforms into : Silent Magician
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PSN DOWN  - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyolee123.deviantart.com

Post By yummas. 03/05/11, 10:33 am

on the subject of no online play, It was inevitable that gaming would advance to this, it brings a whole new level of play and companies that got in on it were definitely going to profit from this so there was no point in them staying to your standard local gaming, although it does have its faults ( the average 12yr old with a Mic, that guy that gets angry over the smallest thing, etc etc) Plus it extends peoples play time of games rather than the games limited story, extending a games popularity and sales (as seen with COD).

Also PSN should be back up sometime this week My guess is from Wednesday to Friday (seeing as its not up in America yet ( that and no one has said anything on /V/ on 4chan about it so yeah, lets hope another "problem" happens anytime soon
yummas
yummas
Almighty

Number of posts : 393
Transforms into : the one the only STEAK
Registration date : 2011-04-04

PSN DOWN  - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

PSN DOWN  - Page 2 Vide