Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Representing NEW ZEALAND at the World Championships of Performing Arts 2011!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Post By Suixelo. 01/04/11, 03:52 am

Hi guys <3

As some of you know, I was recently selected to represent New Zealand at the 2011 World Championships of Performing Arts (aka WCOPA) in Los Angeles, California in July. This is a dream come true for me and I am so incredibly proud to be part of Team New Zealand in 2011, however the trip costs $7,000. I cannot afford this cost on my own, so I am asking for donations and sponsorships to help me realise my dream. Anything is appreciated, from $1.00 to $1,000! Please give only if you are able to, I will also appreciate you spreading the word to those that will be able to help me, see below for more information.

Please read the information below and feel free to ask any further questions in this thread or to my email account – rebeccalouise.clarke@gmail.com

FLYER IMAGE UNDER SPOILER TAG =] I also have a printable version, ask me if you're interested <3
Spoiler:

So what exactly is WCOPA?

The World Championships of Performing Arts is the only event of its kind in the world. This yearly competition has become known as the ‘Talent Olympics’ due to the similarities between the two events. Over 50 countries are invited to compete in acting, vocal, vocal self-accompaniment, instrumental music, modelling, dancing and variety acts. The winners in each event category (Vocal – Pop or Acting – Comedy, for example) receive medals for their country like in the Olympics. Unlike the Olympics, however, the gold medal winners from each category go onto a second round, where they compete for overall titles in their discipline (Overall Actor, for example). The third and final round is the glamorous showcase event, where those selected for overall titles compete for the prestigious Grand Champion Performer of the World title and trophy.

So it’s just a competition event?

Not at all. Top industry professionals are invited to take part in ‘go-see’ days, where the competitors have a chance to meet and greet exciting personalities and gain important insight into the industry. There are also ‘boot camps’ organised for each discipline before the contest starts with more top industry professionals. There is an opportunity to audition for scholarships to top New York and Hollywood performing arts academy’s. It is a fantastic opportunity to network with not only Hollywood’s finest, but also with performers from across the globe.

How did I get selected for Team New Zealand?

To be selected for Team New Zealand you are required to win at least a silver medal in the Aim to Fame Performing Arts competition (Official and only screening competition for WCOPA in New Zealand). I competed in 4 acting and 4 singing categories and won a total of 8 medals – that’s one for every category! I received two gold medals, two silver medals and four bronze medals, which I am extremely proud of. I hope to continue this winning streak at WCOPA in July.

What are the donations paying for?

The $7,000 cost does NOT include food and spending money. I am fundraising for only the essential costs as follows: Return flights from Auckland to LA, accommodation costs for 14 nights, entry into 8 categories (4 singing, 4 acting) for competition, team uniform and all essential competition costs (Including official passes, ID badges and entry to training sessions). So you don’t need to worry – I assure you all money will be going directly towards the required costs as above.

What if I need more information before I want to donate?

You are welcome to contact Dina at Accolades International Marketing who is the National Director for WCOPA in New Zealand. Please email me at rebeccalouise.clarke@gmail.com and I will release her contact details to you. I can also provide you with proof of acceptance and an official letter from WCOPA New Zealand that I will use for sponsorship purposes.

How can I donate??

First of all, thank you for asking to donate! As said above, any amount is gratefully received, even if a group of friends club together at $1.00 each I will be very thankful for your generosity! Please email me at rebeccalouise.clarke@gmail.com to organise payment. Please do not deposit any money into my account without letting me know, I am required to have every deposit documented so it all goes where it is meant to!

What can I do if I can’t donate?

I have prepared a flyer (posted above) to post on your blogs, share with family and friends or anything else you can think of! If you know of anyone that might be able to donate, please give them this flyer or show them this post. I am also looking for dresses and shoes to wear on stage and will appreciate donations from companies. All registered companies that donate money or clothing will be promoted by me and have a feature on my contestant page in the Official Directory WCOPA 2011. I will be forever grateful for all those who help me achieve my dream!

ANY OTHER QUESTIONS
– Either ask in this post or email to rebeccalouise.clarke@gmail.com .

Thank you so much for your support <3
Suixelo
Suixelo
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3569
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Representing NEW ZEALAND at the World Championships of Performing Arts 2011!! Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Representing NEW ZEALAND at the World Championships of Performing Arts 2011!!
Post By TinTango. 01/04/11, 06:40 am

Congratulations Becky!!!
That is very impressive... and sounds like a great opportunity.
Will be keen to help out somehow, will think of a few things to fundraise.

When do you go to the world comps?
TinTango
TinTango
LEVEL UP!

Number of posts : 1278
Transforms into : whelmed. Not over or under. Just whelmed.
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Representing NEW ZEALAND at the World Championships of Performing Arts 2011!! Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Representing NEW ZEALAND at the World Championships of Performing Arts 2011!!
Post By Suixelo. 01/04/11, 08:05 am

Thanks! Yeah I have got a few things in the pipeline, just trying to get the word out also =]

We depart July 10 and get back July 26!! So close haha!
Suixelo
Suixelo
Souperman.

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 01/04/11, 11:14 am

Oooh, I'd love to help you! (:
Though I can't donate for a few weeks, haha~ I'll contact you when I can (:
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By Suixelo. 01/04/11, 11:16 am

Aww thanks so much <333
And thank you for sharing the flyer on facebook, much appreciated <3
Suixelo
Suixelo
Souperman.

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosplay New Zealand :: Misc. :: Plugging-