Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Playstation Vita discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Playstation Vita discussion
Post By Saiyajin Mui. 27/01/11, 11:39 pm

Playstation Vita discussion Psp2ngpupdate

Quote :
The PSP2 is finally here. Sony revealed its brand new PlayStation Portable at an event in Tokyo today, our first official look at the PlayStation maker's next foray into handheld gaming, the NGP or "Next Generation Portable." First details below.

The Hardware

Sony confirmed many of the features of the PSP2 that we've already heard in the form of leaks, rumor and speculation. The PSP2 features a high-resolution, touch-sensitive OLED screen that's larger than the original PSP screen, tilt-sensitive SIXAXIS controls, dual analog sticks, front and back-facing cameras, and a touch sensitive back panel.

Sony boasts that the new PlayStation Portable is as powerful as a PlayStation 3. The device features built-in WiFi and 3G wireless connectivity and uses an all-new form of media storage for games—no more UMD.

Here's how Sony describes it: "NGP adopts a new game medium, a small flash memory based card, dedicated for NGP software titles. Taking advantage of the flash memory feature, this innovative card can store the full software titles plus add-on game content or the game save data directly on to the card. By adopting flash memory based card, SCE will be able to provide game cards with higher capacity in the future, allowing developers to store more game data to deliver rich and immersive games."

For now, Sony is officially calling the new PlayStation Portable by its codename, Next Generation Portable or NGP. It will be out this holiday in Japan.

The Full Specs

• CPU: ARM® Cortex™-A9 core (4 core)
  • GPU: SGX543MP4
  • External Dimensions: Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)
  • Rear touch pad: Multi touch pad (capacitive type)
  • Cameras: Front camera, Rear camera
  • Sound: Built-in stereo speakers, Built-in microphone
  • Sensors: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Three-axis electronic compass
  • Keys / Switches: PS button, Power button, Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left), Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square), Shoulder buttons (Right/Left), Right stick, Left stick, START button, SELECT button, Volume buttons
  • Wireless communications: Mobile network connectivity (3G), IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1x1)(Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode), Bluetooth® 2.1 EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)

The Games

Sony showcased a handful of games alongside the reveal of the new PSP, including new titles Little Deviants, Reality Fighters and Gravity Daze, plus games based on the following PlayStation franchises.

• Uncharted
  • Killzone
  • WipeOut
  • Resistance
  • Little Big Planet
  • Hustle Kings
  • Hot Shots Golf

Sony says the new PlayStation Portable will also play PSone games supported via its PlayStation Suite platform and will be backwards compatible with downloadable PSP games. To demonstrate this, Capcom's Jun Takeuchi demoed Monster Hunter Portable 3rd for the PSP on a NGP.

Third parties have shown demonstrations of Yakuza 4 and Metal Gear Solid 4 running on the system, with Activision announcing a Call of Duty for the new PSP.

Source: Kotaku

I'm really looking forward to this one. However, the price would be quite high, much like the 3DS...

Your thoughts?

Last edited by Saiyajin Mui on 09/07/11, 05:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saiyajin Mui
Saiyajin Mui
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 665
Transforms into : Satsujinki
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Playstation Vita discussion Vide
Back to top Go down
http://saiyajinmui.mugen-infantry.net/

Re: Playstation Vita discussion
Post By Zeorymer. 28/01/11, 07:18 am

External/Internal Memory - Unconfirmed. There must be some, but haven't heard where or how much.
The home screen lacks the picture/movie/music of the PSP, but it should be still there. Doesn't seem to be any reason why it shouldn't.
Backwards Compatibility - No. You can have old games, but you have to re-buy/re-download them through the PSN. That's emulation. My physical UMD library is worthless here.

Quote :
Sony boasts that the new PlayStation Portable is as powerful as a PlayStation 3.
That either makes the PS3 look like crap or the NGP's claim sound like crap. If it's true - then this is made to replace the PS3. Why did you even make the PSPGo?

Quote :
NGP adopts a new game medium, a small flash memory based card
AKA: Oops, we really stuffed it on the UMD, we're copying Nintendo now like we should have.

So what if it's powerful? It's this-gen graphics and power with last gens innovation. The 3DS has 3D! Sony is only just starting on touch screens and motion controls! Sony - you haven't learned! You're not trying to stay ahead of the curve here! Better graphics has a limit before you hit the uncanny valley.
WE DON'T LIKE MOTION CONTROLS ON OUR HANDHELDS. It makes people look like retards on the bus, hands and elbows everywhere. I'm already not playing any game that makes me tilt my screen.

Price - sounds expensive. If it's 250 - 300 I'll consider it.

Gosh, if you so keen on copying Apple and Nintendo, at least give us a phone. You're so nearly there.

I wonder how long it'll take to crack?
Zeorymer
Zeorymer
Winner of the Team Spirit Award

Number of posts : 201
Transforms into : Plot Device
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post By hyolee123. 28/01/11, 07:48 am

I heard about this this morning and it turned into a argument with my dad xD But nothing yet has intrigued me. If I can get back ALL my UMDs then it should be fine. I buy most of my PS1 games from PSN and store it on media go.

I do hope it has a extendible memory otherwise I'll be real annoyed. What would be the point of the millions of micro SD's and MS Pro stick adapters I have D;

Price is all it comes to really give it a year or two price will drop fast and they'll have updated to newer versions that would work better I reckon.

I think I'm going to avoid motion sensor games >.> they're really just annoying.

@Zeo they're planning on making a gaming phone called the Xperia Play just thought I'd let you know. Though plans haven't been confirmed yet something they'd like to do.
hyolee123
hyolee123
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 547
Transforms into : Silent Magician
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down
http://www.hyolee123.deviantart.com

Post By Basaka. 28/01/11, 09:05 am

The million dollar question: How hackable would it be?
Basaka
Basaka
lucky*

Number of posts : 1184
Transforms into : Seiyuufag.
Registration date : 2008-11-21

Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Basaka

Post By sakkaf. 28/01/11, 10:06 am

Basaka wrote:
The million dollar question: How hackable would it be?

THIS.

I'm ready for this, though.
sakkaf
sakkaf
marshmallow ninja

Number of posts : 926
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down
http://tinnyhouse.tumblr.com

Post By DarkGaia. 07/07/11, 02:41 am

It's called the Vita now (I think), according to E3 in June.
DarkGaia
DarkGaia
Superman

Number of posts : 264
Transforms into : Ceres. Phuket in Thailand YEAH 8D
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post By yummas. 07/07/11, 08:59 am

Yep its the PSVista, it may sound stupid but it does have a bit of a catch to it, also spec's wise it heavily outweighs the 3DS's with the only feature on the 3Ds being the actual 3D, also so far there has been very few games that make this console popular, the only being Ocarina and a few others.
yummas
yummas
Almighty

Number of posts : 393
Transforms into : the one the only STEAK
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post By DarkGaia. 08/07/11, 03:40 pm

True, but mario kart 3DS and that newly announced Final Fantasy rhythm game is surely to get it more pledges.

The Vita looks awesome though, and they priced it VERY close to the price of the 3DS, whilst giving it many other features.

What I'm the most excited about it the Wii U (witch looks efing amazing) Playstation Vita discussion 755823
DarkGaia
DarkGaia
Superman

Back to top Go down

Post By yummas. 09/07/11, 05:22 am

Not to insult the wii U but it makes me think of the I pad with little noby bits on it
yummas
yummas
Almighty

Back to top Go down

Post By DarkGaia. 09/07/11, 01:07 pm

That's pretty much the gist of it.

But it also acts as a hand-held console as well, just not a portable hand-held one.

I'm pretty sure you can't put a disc in a game console and transfer the tv screen to your Ipad with the touch of a button.
DarkGaia
DarkGaia
Superman

Back to top Go down

Post By tashamanx1. 09/07/11, 01:42 pm

i bet you it'll be just like 3DS, i have a DS lite but i cant find any naruto games for it and the first game i see when i walk into EBgames is a naruto game ON 3DS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so basically, if you have a PSP then a game you really want will come out on PSP2 sad
tashamanx1
tashamanx1
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 506
Transforms into : Kim Jongin (Kai)'s wife......oh wait.... i already am XD
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post By DarkGaia. 10/07/11, 02:35 pm

^ All I want is Final Fantasy-type O, but SE are too worried about the PSP market being lackluster in western countries.

I hope they make a port for the vita.
DarkGaia
DarkGaia
Superman

Back to top Go down

Post By yummas. 11/07/11, 05:39 am

I want it for 2 reasons A. my PSP right now is an utter piece of *bleep* and B. SAVE SWAPPING with mgs peace walker and other remasterd games
yummas
yummas
Almighty

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content