Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

coyote starrk guns

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
coyote starrk guns
Post By shari. 27/12/10, 04:12 pm

i am planning to make a cosplay for starrk the primera espada, off bleach, for when hes in his "Resurrección, Los Lobos" form when he has the fluffy coat and duel wields theese pistols.
but i dont know where to start on making the pistols.... any help?
shari
shari
Terminator

Number of posts : 75
Transforms into : rounding up muffins
Registration date : 2010-06-08

coyote starrk guns Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: coyote starrk guns
Post By RainbowMoonDust. 27/12/10, 04:42 pm

COYOTE STARRK!!! PHYSICS YES!!! chuu~! Okay, now that I'm done fangirling ... XD

What you could do is to buy some cheap toy guns from one of those Asian dollar stores and paint them black (If they aren't already). For the raised silver bits, if the guns don't already have those you could make them out of craft foam, tinfoil or cardboard, etch the designs on them and glue them to the pistols, Sculpy might work too. The trigger could easily be made out of some thin wire. I've never made guns but this is what springs to mind when I look at pictures of his pistols.

There's some tutorials on this site too, have you tried them? Reference pictures would be a big help if want advice so people know what you are referring to. Razz

You must tell me ... when are you cosplaying him?! I must get pictures! Prepare to be stalked! Razz Very Happy

Ps: I would cosplay him myself (Always wanted to) but I'm not tall enough and my face isn't craggy enough plus I don't have stubble, in other words I'm too feminine. sad XD

Ok, I'm going to stop fangirling and hand this thread back to you now. Good luck, hope I've helped? sweatdrop
RainbowMoonDust
RainbowMoonDust
fraggle rock

Number of posts : 1480
Transforms into : Goddess of mischief
Registration date : 2008-10-08

coyote starrk guns Vide
Back to top Go down
http://rainbowmoondust.livejournal.com/

Post By shari. 27/12/10, 04:59 pm

buhahahahahah fan girl attack right there Shocked
my dad has a garage filled with tools and wood so i can work with that to make them i think
im planning to cosplay him at auck geddon this year
yep i am doing the trimmed fur coat released version because its so awesome XD.... but i need
to grow a stubble :/ lukily im tall enoguh tho nodnod

here are two images of the gun/s
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/465/163607-starrk_sama_sig2_super.png
http://images.cosplay.com/photos/26/2695393.jpg
the hard bit i think will be making the engravements on the barrell and handle thing
shari
shari
Terminator

coyote starrk guns Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By RainbowMoonDust. 27/12/10, 05:08 pm

Quote :
buhahahahahah fan girl attack right there Shocked
my dad has a garage filled with tools and wood so i can work with that to make them i think
im planning to cosplay him at auck geddon this year
yep i am doing the trimmed fur coat released version because its so awesome XD.... but i need
to grow a stubble :/ lukily im tall enoguh tho nodnod
the hard bit i think will be making the engravements on the barrell and handle thing

Lol, I think the guns will be easy to make compared to that coat but that's my opinion and I've never made either so what do I know. Razz

What day are you doing this? I've been meaning to cosplay Gin's Arrancar version for a while now and I'd like to maybe cosplay Nelliel back when she was the original 3rd Espada one day too, I'd have to think about it although I'm tempted. :think: Always wanted to do Ulquiorra's 2nd resurrection form too but that is just nuts!!! Not to mention bare chested cosplays + boobs + open shirt binding = gonk gonk gonk

Yeah, well regardless of whether I join you or not, I'll still be stalking! ninja Can't wait to see it! cheers
RainbowMoonDust
RainbowMoonDust
fraggle rock

Number of posts : 1480
Transforms into : Goddess of mischief
Registration date : 2008-10-08

coyote starrk guns Vide
Back to top Go down
http://rainbowmoondust.livejournal.com/

Post By shari. 24/01/11, 03:22 pm

@rainbowmoondust- ulquiorra's 2nd resurection would be a night mare to do but epic aswell XD
i am having such trouble doin the engravings on the barrell on the gun
coyote starrk guns Untitl10
i am thinking of making a mould of the engraving thing out of mdf (medium density fibreboard/ a type of wood) and cast some pewter metal into the mould and then stick the finnished product on to the barrell

but does anyone have any easier less complicated and cheaper way of making the barrell ingraving?

and how do you make a spoiler?
shari
shari
Terminator

coyote starrk guns Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By vctrsone. 06/03/11, 02:19 pm

I would probably use a copper or brass plate and salt water etch it after painting out the picture...salt water etching is pretty easy...use a paint pen to draw out your picture..the places not painted will be etched..then take a tub of salty water...1 tablespoon salt per cup of water...take 1 d cell battery or small battery pack..attach the positive lead to the peace you want to etch and then take another peace of brass of copper and throw that in with the negative lead attached to it.

as soon as it enters the salt water with its leads attached the one you want to etch should start bubbling.../if it doesnt and the other one does, swap the leads over.

do this outside as the fumes can be toxic.

http://www.navaching.com/forge/etching.html this look should explain it all to you.

if you didnt want to do that id just carve it out of wood like you were going to and then paint it with a nice metal flake finish paint to give it a metallic look.

you could also make it out of bog (automotive filler) its easy to mold, easy to sand and easy to wrok with all round.

vctrsone
vctrsone
Unexplanatory

Number of posts : 31
Transforms into : Special Sith cookies.
Registration date : 2011-03-01

coyote starrk guns Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 22/05/11, 06:09 am

A bit of a old tread.

Salt etching sounds interesting.

Clay or wood can be carved. You could draw the pattern out first.

But if you want pewter detailing then lost wax is a great method. Roughly carve the wood. Then coat in a thin layer of wax. Then it is much easier to carve the exact finish in the soft wax. Then coat the whole thing in a clay mould, allowing a hole/holes to pour the pewter in, and holes for the melted wax to drain out of. And pour.

Apparently pewter inlay can be done with cardboard.

Spoilers are under the others button.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Number of posts : 4033
Transforms into : This stylish saffron shirt.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

coyote starrk guns Vide
Back to top Go down
http://skydrive.live.com/#cid=23D41AFD1F51E1F4

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

coyote starrk guns Vide
Back to top Go down

coyote starrk guns

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1